Avoid using Suspended IP on new Account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > IP Address

IP Address Changing your IP address, multiple IPs, VPNs, hiding your IP, phone tethering, MiFi devices, hotspots and more.

Old 04-25-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 88%
Question Avoid using Suspended IP on new Account

Hi everyone.

I want to ask :
1. How long do you let your ebay Acc cooldown if you are selling Vero item like 1-2 pcs a week? Do you relist it on next week or let it to cool down for 3 weeks and then let the other acc sell?

2. If I had 2 ebay acc , like acc A and acc B.
I keep log in with different Ip everytime, but suddenly acc A get limited.

Do I just need to make sure I am not log in to Acc B with the last Ip in which it is being used to log in to Acc A (which is suspended) or do I also have to avoid the last ALL Ip which I use to log in Acc A?

Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-27-2009
Threadstarter  

Unhappy Suspended of Linking IP

Hi , there

I have posted a new thread on last Friday, but I haven;t get any answer.

I'll repost it and make it as simple as I can.

Let say that I log in to acc A with different Ip each time, like on Monday i log in with 192.168.1.1, and Tuesday with 192.168.1.3, and then Wednesday with 192.168.1.4

And then on Thursday I get the lovely suspended letter from eGay. So do I just to make sure that I will never log in to ebay using the last Ip which is 192.168.1.4,

Or I have to make sure I dont log in ebay anymore with all the last Ip (192.168.1.1, 192.168.1.3, 192.168.1.4) which has been used to log in Acc A?

Thanks
Old 04-27-2009

Send a message via AIM to lakeman Send a message via MSN to lakeman Send a message via Yahoo to lakeman

It takes more then an IP to link you to a suspended account. I wouldn't use an IP that was used with a suspended account recently but flash cookies and cookies are more likely to cause a link.
Old 04-27-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

The IP range you are referring to is your internal LAN IP. This is the wrong thing to be changing, for stealth purposes.

You need to be changing your WAN IP, which is the external IP that the internet sees you by.

You were linked.
Old 04-27-2009

Send a message via AIM to lakeman Send a message via MSN to lakeman Send a message via Yahoo to lakeman

I assumed he was just giving an example about IPs, but you know what they say about assuming. lol

Which is it skyichigo?

Last edited by lakeman; 04-27-2009 at 08:05 AM.
Old 04-27-2009
Threadstarter  

It is just example...lol

Of course i am changing My WAN ip..

so any suggestion? there is no wy that i remember all the last Ips I use to log in my acc.

My account has not been suspended yet, but it will as I have some dispute and I won;t let PayPal to take my money, so I am closing the credit card associated, and in that case, eBay will suspend me when they try to withdraw my credit card for the fee.

In this case, in the future, which Ips that I should be paying attention more?

Last one? or All of them?
Old 04-27-2009

Lol I thought it was just an example. :D

To answer your question, linking would go by every ip you have used with that account, not just the last one.
Old 04-27-2009
Vicvelcro

If you haven't been keeping track, then you need to start.

Since you listed 'example' IP numbers, there is no way to accurately answer your question about which you should be keeping track of, since they are make-believe numbers.
Old 04-27-2009
Threadstarter  

So i have to written down each Ip that I use to log in to the suspended Account.

How if someday I log in another account with the suspended ip, which I haven't noted down.

But all of my info (coookies+flash cookies) are empty..is it still okay?

Or not at all...
Old 04-27-2009
Vicvelcro

It would NOT be ok, no. Start keeping track of your IP numbers. Use IP#1 for one ebay/PP, use IP#2 for another, IP#3 for another, and so on. Always use IP#1 for the first ebay/PP etc.

There's a nice big long thread about this already. If you search it, find it, and read it, you'll understand everything.
Old 04-27-2009

Vicvelcro, I disagree with that. Ips are always being used by different people. So there's a very high chance the ip your using now has been suspended on ebay with another user. Ebay doesnt suspend you for having the same ip as another user. That's impossible as many people use an ip someone else has used. They go by flash cookies and cookies. If you have the same ip as a suspended user, they may look into your account but if all the info is different and cookies/flash cookies, no link can be made.
Old 04-27-2009
Vicvelcro

If the person logs into ebay with a previously linked or potentially linked IP and then does something that 'behaviorally' matches a pattern or if the person lists an item with a previously used image, or any other number of possible activities, LINKED again!

Take note of the fact that this person has been cavalier about it, thus far. No telling what could trigger a bot or a flag.

Not worth the risk, if you ask me. My advice to start keeping track of the IPs and always using the same IP/EBAY/PP combos stands firm.

Or not. Keep getting linked and keep asking why...

Last edited by Vicvelcro; 04-27-2009 at 09:39 AM.
Old 04-27-2009

That is correct, that's what I said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeman View Post
If you have the same ip as a suspended user, they may look into your account but if all the info is different and cookies/flash cookies, no link can be made.
Old 04-27-2009
Threadstarter  

Me
Hi Patch, can you help me with my question?
1:57:49 AM Ebay
I see that you are having some problems with the computer you are using as it is not being recognised by the system. Is this correct?
1:58:32 AM Me
Not entirely
1:59:19 AM Me
I mean do logging in and listing in public internet cafe won;t get us suspended?
2:00:15 AM Me
My friend said to me that he was suspended because he was informed that he shares same Ip with a suspended account
2:00:38 AM Ebay
No, but you will have the risk of having your account get compromised.
2:00:47 AM Me
compromised?
2:00:56 AM Me
What do you mean y that?
2:01:32 AM Me
because I will have my computer fixed...and at the moment I have to log in at public internet
2:01:46 AM Ebay
That would mean the account can get easily accessed by a third party if you leave it open after using from an internet cafe.
2:02:13 AM Ebay
The next person to sit and use the computer may have the chance of getting a hold of your password.
2:02:28 AM Me
I am just afraid that there is a chance I will get suspended since I don't know who is using the public internet for eBay purposes and we are going to be linked by an Ip...
2:03:03 AM Me
So do I just wait or can I just log in to my Ebay from public internet
2:03:19 AM Me
can you recommend me?
2:03:34 AM Ebay
Yes, there could be a possibility about that.
Ebay
You can log in into a public computer.
2:11:37 AM Ebay
We will not suspend account at once. We still have process to follow before having an account suspended.
2:11:47 AM Me
If I get linked with an suspended ip, can you guarantee that I am not getting suspended?
Ebay
Yes, there's a possibility but that's remote. However, if you want to assure safety of the account and that it won't get suspended, please wait for your computer to get fixed before logging in to your account.
2:14:54 AM Me
Remote? What do you mean by that?
Ebay
That means there's a possibility but not 100%.
2:16:01 AM Ebay
However, it would still be safe for you to just wait for your computer to get fixed and just sign in to the account from there.
Me
How if I just log in to reply message from customer?
2:17:35 AM Me
Or to proceed an order if it was sold?
2:17:44 AM Me
do I also need to wait to do that?
Ebay
Yes, no problem with that, please just be sure to log off from your account after every use.
2:18:43 AM Ebay
You can log in to your account if you need something important to be done at once.
Ebay
We won't get your account suspended without taking the necessary investigations first.
Ebay
Please just make sure that your contact information is updated so we can place a call in case we may want to verify something from you.
Me
Is there anything I should know regarding account safety ?
2:26:19 AM Me
I mean so I won't keep asking for any matter in the future..
2:26:31 AM Ebay
Yes, here are some information on how an account could possibly be used by a third party:
2:26:42 AM Ebay
Most accounts are taken over when someone answers a "spoof" or “phishing” email. Please be cautious of links received via email, including those received in you’re My Messages.
2:26:52 AM Ebay
Guessing passwords is another way that third parties could gain access into a member's eBay account. After reviewing your account, it does not appear that you have regularly changed your eBay password.
2:27:02 AM Ebay
In addition to spoof emails, there are a number of computer viruses in circulation that log and record keystrokes. It's recommended that computer users keep their virus alert software up-to-date, and check their system often for problems. A firewall for high-speed Internet users is also highly recommended.
2:27:17 AM Ebay
Lastly, please remember to log off from your eBay account when not in use at home and work place and please do not simply just close the internet browser. Make sure to clear the cache and cookies on those computer you are using to prevent the next user from accidentally logging into your account.

This is all the conversation that I have copied from my friend who chat with ebay.

I think now I have a bit clear idea that Ip doesn't really getting you suspended. There are more after the investigation which will get you suspended.

I am agree with Lakeman
Old 04-27-2009
Vicvelcro

We covered that. But you go right ahead and take the advice of ebay help, and we'll see you back here tomorrow. And the day after. And the day after.
Old 04-27-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 99%

sounds like a waste of 30 mins...i could have opened 4 or 5 new seller accounts complete with auctiva tokens in the time you chatted with ebay.
Old 04-28-2009
Threadstarter  

Oky, I will start taking note of my Ip now.

And when you said we don't need to log in to ebay, just use auctiva when listing...so how are you going to eBay to mark item as sent?? and leave feedback. Eventually you will log in to eBay as well...

I can create backup ebay account as much as I can , but just afraid it will get linked by suspended Ip in one time...maybe I just should changeIsp Provider.

And is there way that Paypal also note down your ip when you logging in to Paypal?

Thanks
Old 04-28-2009
Vicvelcro

Paypal notes your IP. They use cookies and flash cookies too.

You can set up auto-feedback-responders. I've never used one, so I can't give you any tips or advice. But they do exist and many use them.

I have never bothered with marking an item as shipped via ebay. When the goods land on their porch, my buyers know it was shipped. Also, if they read email, the will know by the tracking number I send them <g>. I never bothered with the cute l'il picture of a box that ebay has. I wonder if many buyers even notice it, one way or the other.

Changing your provider wouldn't hurt. But it may not be necessary. If you have your computer connected to a router and the router connected to a cable modem, the solution is easy and you can find this solution by searching elsewhere in the forum. If you don't have this particular setup, there are other solutions that are a bit more involved. Regardless of getting a new provider, you will still need to change IP before logging into each separate ebay/PP you have.