hi guys/gals...Question about connecting to ebay - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > IP Address

IP Address Changing your IP address, multiple IPs, VPNs, hiding your IP, phone tethering, MiFi devices, hotspots and more.

Old 10-05-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 27%
Arrow hi guys/gals...Question about connecting to ebay

hi, looking at setting up my first account and seeking some info/ideas for the best way to connect. I would like to use my home computer which is connected through sky broadband.

doing it this way I was going to use firefox with its own profile for cookies etc, I was also going to use a Fresh IP address to run it through maybe using the IPBurger add on. ( i use another eBay account on the same computer but use google).

would i still need to use a VPN or anything doing it this way or anyway i could do it better?

the other way I was thinking, well was suggested was tethering. I don't know a whole lot about it this way either. I guess I would need another phone or tablet I can use a sim card in for the internet. would I still need to use something similar to IP burger or use a proxy,VPN or similar?

and i am in the united kingdom

many thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-05-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 20%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: hi guys/gals...Question about connecting to ebay

Id suggest using a separate windows user account - just to be on the safe side.
When it comes to tethering - you don't need a new phone. You can use the one you have now (assuming it was never used for that purpose before). If you do use your phone be sure to record all the IPs used since youll get a new one every time.
Theres a section in the stealth guide that discusses that method.
Using a VPN would simplify this as you wont have to worry about your IP address changing or switching from your main ISP to the tethered connection.
The Following User Says Thank You to slokor For This Useful Post:
Piercedguy76xxx (10-06-2019)
Old 10-06-2019
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 27%
Default Re: hi guys/gals...Question about connecting to ebay

Quote:
Originally Posted by slokor View Post
Id suggest using a separate windows user account - just to be on the safe side.
When it comes to tethering - you don't need a new phone. You can use the one you have now (assuming it was never used for that purpose before). If you do use your phone be sure to record all the IPs used since youll get a new one every time.
Theres a section in the stealth guide that discusses that method.
Using a VPN would simplify this as you wont have to worry about your IP address changing or switching from your main ISP to the tethered connection.
i was reading on here about using firefox and IPBurger have the firefox add on , it seemed quite easy to do but i dont know if it just changes the ip address for that browser or for the whole computer.

my phone is a note 8 and have used ebay on it , not a stealth account but my own 12 year old account. i was thinking of maybe getting an old phone and sim with data and just using the stealth ebay on that alone.

i have heard a few things about using a vpn in that a lot of people could be using it for the same thing and account could get blocked