Have I doomed myself with dial up TIME OUT- HELP!!! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > IP Address

IP Address Changing your IP address, multiple IPs, VPNs, hiding your IP, phone tethering, MiFi devices, hotspots and more.

Old 11-04-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 84%
Default Have I doomed myself with dial up TIME OUT- HELP!!!

I think I might have just doomed my stealth account by not understanding dial up "time outs".

I use dial up, different user names and sign on to Ebay from Firefox. While revising an item on ebay it seemed to be taking a longer time than usual. A message appeared on my screen that said "page reloading and firefox must resend the information". I clicked YES and then realized that my dial up connection had timed out.

1. Does that mean that the information that was sent was my REAL ip from the computer (which can easily be tracked to a different location than my registered name)
2. Does that mean that they have my real IP which is connected to a suspended account?
3. Does that mean I should cccleaner the account for cookies and flash cookies?
4. Does it mean that I've doomed the stealth account via the dial up time out?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-04-2009
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

Dial-up time out? That just means either you lost your dial up connection or the website you're trying to load timed out...

As long as you don't have a broadband connection setup on your computer as well.. I don't think you have anything to worry about.
Old 11-04-2009
Threadstarter  

I DO have a broadband connection on the computer. I never disabled it because only on the STEALTH user name do I use dial up. When I don't enable the dial up (which I always do on the Stealth account by signing on to the dial up account prior to opening firefox), it goes to my broadband connection. I know because I use IPBurger and unless I sign on to the dial up account, the IP is static and my real IP.

Is there anyway to disable the broadband connection entirely (so that things like this never happen) when I sign on to this user account? And then, after I log out, I can always enable it once more. I just don't know how to do it.

I guess I just doomed myself. On the slight chance that it won't be caught (1 hour and counting), should I run cc cleaner and open myself up to the other pitfalls that happen when deleting flash cookies and cookies?

I just don't know what to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
Dial-up time out? That just means either you lost your dial up connection or the website you're trying to load timed out...

As long as you don't have a broadband connection setup on your computer as well.. I don't think you have anything to worry about.
Old 11-04-2009
Administrator

That's what I figured what happened. Remember an IP address alone isn't everything. I give you a 20% chance of being linked and suspended.. 1/5

To disable your broadband connection when working with eBay.. simply unplug the Ethernet connection from the back of your computer. The wire coming from your router or cable / DSL modem. Then when you're done with eBay simply plug it back in.

easy

Really there is nothing you can do after what happened.. just continue working as you normally would and hope nothing happens.

Last edited by aspkin; 11-04-2009 at 11:38 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to aspkin For This Useful Post:
onceuponatime (11-04-2009)
Old 11-04-2009
Threadstarter  

THANK YOU for giving me hope on this. I'll set up another STEALTH account (thank you thank you) quickly in anticipation.

One last question, should I run cccleaner on the name? Just in case it captured the cookies and flash cookies from the poisoned connection?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
That's what I figured what happened. Remember an IP address alone isn't everything. I give you a 20% chance of being linked and suspended.. 1/5

To disable your broadband connection when working with eBay.. simply unplug the Ethernet connection from the back of your computer. The wire coming from your router or cable / DSL modem. Then when you're done with eBay simply plug it back in.

easy

Really there is nothing you can do after what happened.. just continue working as you normally do and hope nothing happens.
Old 11-04-2009
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by onceuponatime View Post
THANK YOU for giving me hope on this. I'll set up another STEALTH account (thank you thank you) quickly in anticipation.

One last question, should I run cccleaner on the name? Just in case it captured the cookies and flash cookies from the poisoned connection?

No, that's probably not a good idea. It doesn't work that way anyway. Just stick to what you're doing and try not to make the mistake again.
Old 11-04-2009

If you keep separate user names ccleaner is not needed....actually leaving the cookies on there has helped not require a phone call every time we go to list on dial up especially after 5 buying or selling feedback...this isn't a fact as much as what we have noticed lately fyi. We're selling non-vero.
Old 11-04-2009
Threadstarter  

The reason I asked about cc cleaner is because I'm afraid that they captured my REAL IP (a suspended one) when the connection was broken and I ok'd a "resubmit info" request. I just don't want that cookie/flash cookie there every time I sign on. Or maybe I'm just worrying too much as this is my first stealth account. I am legitimately selling a very well known product with authorization from the company...I'm NOT VERO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONE View Post
If you keep separate user names ccleaner is not needed....actually leaving the cookies on there has helped not require a phone call every time we go to list on dial up especially after 5 buying or selling feedback...this isn't a fact as much as what we have noticed lately fyi. We're selling non-vero.
Old 11-04-2009

Longevity: 88%
Send a message via AIM to lakeman Send a message via MSN to lakeman Send a message via Yahoo to lakeman

That has nothing to do with your Ip address. Clearing your cookies and flash cookies won't make ebay forget you signed on with a suspended ip. I would follow Aspkins advice, you are probably fine.

If you make another stealth account make sure to make a new user account for the new account.
Old 11-04-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

once,

Give yourself a time-out. If you make a mistake, step back from it. Look at what you did, write it down. Walk away from the computer. Refresh yourself. Then try again. Train yourself to do 'stealth' in a good mind set. If you have to kick the cat, slap the computer.... release the tension
Eye Candy Lingerie (11-05-2009), onceuponatime (11-04-2009)