Found issue with IP?? another account got suspended - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > IP Address

IP Address Changing your IP address, multiple IPs, VPNs, hiding your IP, phone tethering, MiFi devices, hotspots and more.

Old 10-30-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 88%
Default Found issue with IP?? another account got suspended

alright I have NO knowledge of IP's etc, but I thought that dial up always had a different IP, and as long as I used seperate windows accounts and used dial up that my IP would be ok.
/
/Well, after having several PP accounts and two ebay accounts go down for NO reason at all, I decided to check my IP. I did it several times, signed on and off, different user accounts and my IP stayed the SAME. How is that possible?? Also I went to another site that checks Ips and it said I had a proxy? But pinpointed my location and gave me the same IP that the other sites did.
/
/No wonder my accounts keep lgetting limited
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-30-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

There must be something else wrong. Your IPs here have been different each time.

After one account went down, why did you not start checking EVERYTHING then. Just seems you have assumed too much
Old 10-30-2009
Threadstarter  

Just checked with IP burger, STILL same IP address, after I signed off, cleared cookies and switched users...
/
/I never thought to check the IP, I used to change it when I had broadband.. but I never thought with dial up it would matter... Could it be that its the specific provider I use... its very strange.
Old 10-30-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

Dialup gets you on some server. That server routes your phone signal into one of their outgoing datastreams. Some providers give everyone the same IP but on a different port. Some providers give each user a unique IP per session. But the provider only has a limited amount of IPs to work with.

Oversimplified example below, but the principle is solid.

Same IPs/Diff Ports:
65.65.65.65:2165 - you
65.65.65.65:2166 - the next caller
65.65.65.65:2164 - the person before you
All three users can remain online simultaneous and the www side of the connection will see all of you as having the same IP, the provider routes the correct packets to the correct dialup based on the :216X port number.
Old 10-30-2009
Threadstarter  

ok so how do I stop this from happening? it is exactly the same set of numbers everytime.
Old 10-30-2009
Threadstarter  

OK
/
/Something else here: I checked with another Ip checker online, it gives me the same IP then a message that says " your real IP is detected , your proxy is not anonymous
/
/
Old 10-30-2009
Vicvelcro

How can we know if the numbers are the same? I don't know who your provider is. I can't promise that I know exactly how their system works, either. There are so many providers and each has their own 'process' for providing. It's impossible to know every possibility for every one of them.

Instead of trying to understand the minutia of a problem that would be impossible to alter even if you knew the answer, find a new solution. For instance, say I keep losing an eye every time I shoot myself in the head. Even if I learn the molecular properties of gunpowder, the engineering of the mechanical function of the gun, and the physics behind the destruction of my eyeball - if I continue to shoot myself in the head, I will continue to lose eyeballs.

Bottom line: The current system is failing you. Go have a look at some threads where people discuss things that currently suit their needs. Choose one of those options and adopt it for your own purpose. Thus, no need to understand any of it. Plug and play.

I presume you drive a car. Do you know how the micro-oscillator coils for the fuel injection solenoids are wound? Do you know what metallic alloy the wires are made of? My point is that you can use something without giving it an autopsy first. Even if you autopsy and understand, that doesn't always mean you can alter the device or process. I know the alloys for the solenoid windings. But I can't change the alloy or wind the solenoids. Yet I can drive perfectly well. When the solenoids fail, I will simply replace them or get a car that doesn't use them in the future.

Bottom bottom line: To stop your problem from repeating itself, drop the provider and use what already works for others.

Last edited by Vicvelcro; 10-30-2009 at 06:01 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
ILovePaypalNOT (10-30-2009)
Old 10-30-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

^^^Also even if you use dial-up again, check & log the IPs. You need to know where you are and what is happening
ILovePaypalNOT (10-30-2009)
Old 10-30-2009
Threadstarter  

Thanks... I never thought it even a possibility that my address would be the same... I thought I was safe with dial up. all these accounts that have gone down, and I KNEW I had been so very careful... Now, I guess I see why they went down... I will check it everytime from now on..
Old 10-30-2009

Longevity: 84%

I am a new Stealth user. I too had the same problem. I signed on with AOL and even with dial up (gosh I hate it), the IP number was always the same when I tried using AOL to find out what my IPBurger IP was. Instead what I do, is sign on to AOL with a screen name, keep the window open so the dialup is active. Then I load FIREFOX. When I ask for my IPBurger IP with FIREFOX, it's always different. I don't know why a big server like AOL uses the same IP for me all the time, but with FIREFOX it changes every time when I keep the AOL window open. Keep your AOL (or whatever provider) window open then load FIREFOX and see what your IP is. It should always be different.
Old 10-30-2009
Threadstarter  

glad to hear someone else had heard of this issue before. Gosh I am beating my head in the wall for three months trying to figure out why the heck all my accounts are getting limited . Im getting a new ISP right now... not taking any chances
/
/Thanks for the info ...
Old 10-30-2009
Vicvelcro

The issue has been discussed in other threads, prior to this. Many solutions have been discussed also, along with the drawbacks or points to be aware of with each solution.

Have a look around, consider the possibilities, and then choose one that most closely suits your needs based on your circumstances.

Consider your geographic location, types of service in YOUR area, type of computer you use (Windows or Apple), how often you will change your IP, devices connected in your network, price, and more. As you read, you will see.