Recently I've been curious about residential IP solutions.. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > IP Address

IP Address Changing your IP address, multiple IPs, VPNs, hiding your IP, phone tethering, MiFi devices, hotspots and more.

Old 11-05-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Recently I've been curious about residential IP solutions..

Specifically with how these services are getting thousands of real Residential IP addresses to rent despite the fact that IPv4 addresses were all used up years ago and it's quite expensive to rent a block from an ISP.

What I've learned is that it's a pretty blackhat industry and many of the people having their IP's proxied are not aware of what's going on.

This page lists the main ways proxy providers are getting Residential IP's:
Quote:
Following are the significant ways in which the proxy providers acquire residential proxies:
Inserting SDK into software that people use-Some of the major proxy providers tend to approach developers and third-party vendors and request them to insert the provider’s code into vendors’ or developers’ apps. They don’t have to pay or monitor the number of people who assess their devices. In order to follow best ethical practices, most providers will ask for their consent and control the number of devices used.
Buy traffic from people directly– In this scenario, a proxy provider would install their apps to the devices of normal users and then sell their unused bandwidth. Some proxy providers may choose to reward the Residential Proxy owners financially due to taking part in the Residential Proxy network.
The below two procedures that the proxy provider uses to acquire residential proxies are unethical, and we do not encourage them. The reason for including them is just for your information. Be wary of such acts.
An App/platform having hidden functions, misleading forms that turn the user into an exit node– Similar to the last two methods, a residential owner is given the app by a proxy provider to install. But this time, providers will unethically hide some functions and include misleading forms that turn the user into an exit node; a device that transfers a client of a proxy provers traffic by hiding their identity. So, in other words, the Residential Proxy owner does not know that their device has been acquired for acting as a Residential Proxy.
Injecting Malware into Residential owner’s devices- In this situation, the residential proxy owner’s devices are injected with malware. Therefore the end-users are not aware of their participation in the residential network.
In addition to all the above, there is also the IP leasing process.
Lease IP spaces from ISPs-There can be circumstances where Proxy providers may request an ISP to register a data center IP address with its name. This is usually how the residential proxies are being made. Then customers would be able to access the data through this data center which acts as a static residential proxy.

So from reading that I get the impression that most likely only "static residential IPs" are being obtained ethically. The activity on those proxy networks does not have to be concealed because the proxy provider has leased those IP's from and ISP. The IP's that "rotate" constantly have most likely been obtained unethically, thus they can only be used when the IP holder isn't paying attention.

I've been watching the residential thing unfold over the past few years and have always been sketched out by it.

Thoughts?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-20-2021

Longevity: 17%
Default Re: Recently I've been curious about residential IP solutions..

My thoughts are, for home much IPBurger costs every month for a residental IP, ima just buy a cheap computer and mail it to my sister who lives in another state and just use teamviewer to connect to it
Old 12-20-2021
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: Recently I've been curious about residential IP solutions..

^^You could also just walk your sister through how to make a VPN out of her home internet connection, then she wouldn't even need a new computer.