Mobile hotspot IP Address Pool - What do you do when you run out? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > IP Address

IP Address Changing your IP address, multiple IPs, VPNs, hiding your IP, phone tethering, MiFi devices, hotspots and more.

Old 09-06-2022

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 70%
Default Mobile hotspot IP Address Pool - What do you do when you run out?

Hi Guys,

What do you all do when you have been using a mobile hotspot for years and eventually the pool runs short and you keep rebooting the modem but it's like only 1-out-20 when you receive an IP from the pool that you have never used before.

It's not productive rebooting 100 times a day just to get an IP you have not used before, any suggestions/tips on how to deal with this issue?

Does getting a new SIM card give you access to the same pool if you are using the same modem/ISP ?

Surely there are other people using the same ISP who would also be getting these recycled IP's?

My other questions is technically should we not even worry about the IP Address being reused/recycled anymore? I mean it's obvious selling platforms know IP's are reused all the time and so should not ban/flag you for using the same IP as someone else right, as long as it's a quality Residential IP? IP should not be the sole reason alone?

It is more browser fingerprint and personal ID information that gets you banned right, not the repeat use of an IP?

Last edited by dom03; 09-06-2022 at 09:25 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-06-2022
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Mobile hotspot IP Address Pool - What do you do when you run out?

I also always get IP addresses assigned to me in only 2 ranges -

for example purposes;

something like 2.288.105.45

or something like 2.139.109.118

I will ALWAYS get the first octets in the range of 2.288.XXX.XX or 2.139.XXX.XXX

Do you all get a similar thing, and should I worry if seller platforms will identify me as same/similar person coming from the same IP ranges every-single-time on different accounts given the IP ranges are similiar.

Last edited by dom03; 09-06-2022 at 09:35 PM.
Old 09-07-2022

Longevity: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom03 View Post
Hi Guys,

What do you all do when you have been using a mobile hotspot for years and eventually the pool runs short and you keep rebooting the modem but it's like only 1-out-20 when you receive an IP from the pool that you have never used before.

It's not productive rebooting 100 times a day just to get an IP you have not used before, any suggestions/tips on how to deal with this issue?

Does getting a new SIM card give you access to the same pool if you are using the same modem/ISP ?

Surely there are other people using the same ISP who would also be getting these recycled IP's?

My other questions is technically should we not even worry about the IP Address being reused/recycled anymore? I mean it's obvious selling platforms know IP's are reused all the time and so should not ban/flag you for using the same IP as someone else right, as long as it's a quality Residential IP? IP should not be the sole reason alone?

It is more browser fingerprint and personal ID information that gets you banned right, not the repeat use of an IP?
In my opinion, you shouldn't be worried about getting IP reused/recycled. Morever you should get your fingerprints consistent, always working in the same environment. These are things that will surely trigger the AFS.
Old 09-07-2022
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,925 Times in 8,217 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:

for example purposes;

I will ALWAYS get the first octets in the range of 2.288.XXX.XX or 2.139.XXX.XXX

Do you all get a similar thing, and should I worry if seller platforms will identify me as same/similar person coming from the same IP ranges every-single-time on different accounts given the IP ranges are similiar.
Fairly normal with a mobile hotspot - not too worrisome
Old 09-07-2022

Longevity: 13%

Mobiles are always reusing IPs nothing to worry about
Old 09-07-2022

Longevity: 20%

Personally I've lost accounts on 2 different platforms because of the sim cycling through the same set of IPs. Maybe ebay doesn't care
Old 09-07-2022
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,198 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 31%
Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Hi Guys,

The pool is large enough to not have to worry about IP overlaps
Old 09-07-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
The pool is large enough to not have to worry about IP overlaps
That is an incorrect assumption.

The whole point of this thread and others responses prove otherwise... clearly we are all discussing the fact that IP's overlap very easily and the pool is very small maybe a few hundred IP's.

I would know because I opened this thread topic, and I keep track of my IP's so I can tell you I get an IP that's already been used.

I have exhausted 95% of my IP's in my pool, I don't know if anyone can advise if there is a way to reset your pool.
Old 09-09-2022
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,547 Times in 2,200 Posts
Activity: 56%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:

The whole point of this thread and others responses prove otherwise... clearly we are all discussing the fact that IP's overlap very easily and the pool is very small maybe a few hundred IP's.

I would know because I opened this thread topic, and I keep track of my IP's so I can tell you I get an IP that's already been used.

I have exhausted 95% of my IP's in my pool, I don't know if anyone can advise if there is a way to reset your pool.
I ran into this several years ago to the point that It took me 15-30 min to get an IP that's good for the particular account.

As of now I don't see a way as I tried everything. Ever since I've just stuck with IPBurger. Just much less hassle and annoyance with resetting the modem and waiting to get the IP.
Old 09-09-2022

Longevity: 27%

Quote:

How many accounts are actively managing to require 100 re-boots per day?

That would drive me insane. I only ever have a maximum of 4 accounts active so if I had to operate via hotspots I'd be tempted to set up dedicated MiFi units. But that's only if I had to use hotspots, even four is a bit of a palaver.
Old 09-11-2022

Longevity: 13%

Quote:

Maybe look into proxy’s if your ip pool isn’t big enough
Old 09-12-2022
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,925 Times in 8,217 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy3805 View Post
Maybe look into proxy’s if your ip pool isn’t big enough
Proxy's are still risky though as an IP source
Old 09-12-2022

Longevity: 27%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Proxy's are still risky though as an IP source
IPBurger would be to differ!
Old 09-17-2022

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 10%

Quote:

for example purposes;

First 2 octets is you network id and the last 2 octet are you host id. When rebooting after airplane mode i always make sure the network id changes. Hope that helps