How important is the IP Address? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > IP Address

IP Address Changing your IP address, multiple IPs, VPNs, hiding your IP, phone tethering, MiFi devices, hotspots and more.

Old 10-23-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 80%
Default How important is the IP Address?

First off thanks too all the members of the site and the makers of stealthbook. The info here is awesome and you guys have been instrumental in getting me back on ebay/pp.

Now my question is how important ios the IP address when creating accounts.

What I did was sign up about 10 accounts using AOL 9.5 broadband service. When i connect I get 1 of 3 different IPs. I plan on aging these accounts for atleast a few months and then getting them seller ready.

When I start using the accounts I will be using different IPs to login, but does the signup IP address matter? For instance, if I created 10 accounts with the same IP and 6 months later started using them with 10 different IPs, would they see all 10 accounts were created with the same #.

I'm not good at changing my IP address and don't want to use a VPN, I figured AOL would be ok since IPs are recycled and used by more than 1 person.

Your help and input is appreciated. Thanks, George
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-23-2010
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 80%
Default Sprint mobile broadband card

Ok, I read if you get a sprint mobile broadband card it gives you a new ip everytime you login. Problem solved right? I'm going to go to radio shack tonight and pick one up, Ill let you guys know how it works. In the meantime tips are appreciated (no coins please j/k).

Thanks, george
Old 10-23-2010

Longevity: 79%

Use different IPs from the get go or else you have a high potential to get linked. Even if you login once with the same IP on two different accounts you run the risk of getting instantly linked, I would assume setting up an account gets scrutinized a tad more, so best to just do it right the first time. Get the broadband card if it allows for a different IP every time and you will be good to go. Take it slow, don't take short cuts and you will be on your way
Old 10-23-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgecallahan View Post
Ok, I read if you get a sprint mobile broadband card it gives you a new ip everytime you login. Problem solved right? I'm going to go to radio shack tonight and pick one up, Ill let you guys know how it works. In the meantime tips are appreciated (no coins please j/k).

Thanks, george
Hmm, glad you found that info. It was decided not to recommend aol for multiple stealth accounts.

To have your mutiple accounts, dont forget to create your excel file with all the info. List the IPs by using IP Burger - What is my IP Address? Find Your IP Address! (created by aspkin), What Is My IP Address? Lookup IP, Hide IP, Change IP, Trace IP and more... or any program that gives that info.

The value of excel is that you can add your info as well: account passwords, DOB, security questions. Then 6 months done the line, you have the info & it's not forgotten. Also ensure you do back-ups of data
Old 10-23-2010

Longevity: 85%

Only up to3 IP's? I had this problem as well. If you download different browsers (Flock, Safari, Wyzo), you can actually get new IP's. Having said that, aol does restrict you somewhat, but you can obtain more IP addresses.

If you were to use more common dial-ups like Juno, you can have almost endless array of IP's for each dial-up number. For instance, using first dial-up # alone on Juno I can stretch it to getting different IP's using different browsers (each totally different and always being in the same range). Ip's are the easiest to obtain and keep.