How does PayPal link my computer? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > IP Address

IP Address Changing your IP address, multiple IPs, VPNs, hiding your IP, phone tethering, MiFi devices, hotspots and more.

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 80%
Default How does PayPal link my computer?

I plan on setting up a new PP account and I want to make sure I do not get linked to my old one. I plan on running CC cleaner and using a new IP address.

I will also use a new system user on my computer and change my computer name.

Will this be sufficient?

Do I need to change my MAC address as well?

Anything else I need to change?

Thanks in advance!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-03-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums. First suggestion is to either get the eb ay stealth guide to understand how the system works and/or read the forums - Sooooo many discussions about this.

What you have said is a good start in the right direction...don't worry about MACs too much for eb ay.
Old 02-04-2011
Threadstarter  

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

I did not mention eBay because I will not be using eBay, just Paypal. I am not sure why my post was moved to the eBay section....
Old 02-04-2011

Longevity: 88%
Send a message via AIM to lakeman Send a message via MSN to lakeman Send a message via Yahoo to lakeman

The Stealth Book covers both eBay and Paypal. I highly suggest you get it, it will make your life a lot easier.
Old 02-04-2011
Threadstarter  

Yes I know, everyone is recommending the Stealth Book (I am starting to wonder if people get paid commission on the sales). I just have a simple question. I do not need all the extra stuff about eBay and things that are not relevant. I am not making a stealth account. I simply want to avoid getting linked. Can someone please let me know the deal?

BTW, there is no sticky on this in the Paypal section, so it does not make sense to read through hundreds of post and piece together the information. That just makes it confusing. If there was a sticky on this it would make a lot easier for everyone.
Old 02-04-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

@francisco, no we don't get commissions on recommending it.

As for your comment "it does not make sense to read through hundreds of post and piece together the information. That just makes it confusing. If there was a sticky on this it would make a lot easier for everyone." - The sticky is the guide; if this info was all summarized in one post then what's the purpose of the guide + forum?

I don't mean to sound arrogant but you CANNOT expect to join a forum as a junior member with only a few posts and say "it does not make sense". Many other solid members have learned a lot by putting in the time to read and discuss.

Wish you all the best regardless but please don't expect to be spoonfed with stickies.
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
lakeman (02-05-2011)
Old 02-05-2011
Threadstarter  

@rost,

No worries, you do not sound arrogant at all. I guess I just misunderstood the purpose of this forum. The main goal is sell the stealth guide, then to further discuss with other members once you have read the guide.

It is understandable. I guess I will figure things out on my own or find another forum that is not selling things.
Old 02-05-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by francisco View Post
@rost,

No worries, you do not sound arrogant at all. I guess I just misunderstood the purpose of this forum. The main goal is sell the stealth guide, then to further discuss with other members once you have read the guide.

It is understandable. I guess I will figure things out on my own or find another forum that is not selling things.
Que? It is suggested by TWO people who used the book that its purchase may be benefical to a new user.

Now most new uswers, tbh, are not like you. They are often grateful to be given a little boost to help along their failing ebay/paypal/whereveryougotsuspended life.

An advantage of the b ook (see I spaced the word in case you think I'm encouraging your purcahse) is that the info is all at hand to learn from as you read. paypal are known to 'look' at ips, cookies as a way to link accounts.
Guess that's why I thought the thread might be better moved.

Bigger advantage....well I cant say or I should ban myself.
Choice is yours.
Good Day
Old 02-05-2011
Threadstarter  

@Greenbean

When I made the comment about people selling the book, it was not based on just this thread, I have read over 30+ threads and found it to be the common theme throughout. Again, I am not against it, it's just not what I am looking for.

I figured my question was straight forward and simple enough and that someone who had knowledge of what methods PP used, could give me a direct answer. That is all.

Everything else is irrelevant. I do not want or need stealth accounts, eBay info etc. Hence the reason I did not buy the book to begin with
Old 02-05-2011
Executive [VIP]

What was so difficult about making a thread like this:

I am only going to use paypal and never ebay. How does this sound to avoid being linked:

I plan on setting up a new PP account and I want to make sure I do not get linked to my old one. I plan on running CC cleaner and using a new IP address.

I will also use a new system user on my computer and change my computer name.

Will this be sufficient?

Do I need to change my MAC address as well?

Anything else I need to change?
Dont forget I only want a new paypal account not linked to another paypal account

Thanks in advance!

Simple easy and relevant to YOUR needs, not our trying to work them out.
Old 02-05-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by francisco View Post
I figured my question was straight forward and simple enough and that someone who had knowledge of what methods PP used, could give me a direct answer. That is all.
Everything else is irrelevant. I do not want or need stealth accounts, eBay info etc.
That's actually where you are wrong. I noticed you came on line, read the thread but did not bother to comment. Never mind. Suppose pretending to be in the USA is hard to keep up doing. Makes me wonder what you might be trying to do and if you deserve the help.

You need to be aware that paypal will link you because of the actual 'computer workings' (for want of a better term) but more importantly, you may innocently create a LINK with payments. If you transfer between accounts that might link you. If you use the same bank account, that has been judged enough to link

All in all you are not giving us (the forum) a chance to give your required direct answers. And that's simply because there are none with paypal. Mostly there are variables with this company. You closed your own mind. China AND paypal AND irregular methods to access accounts equals TROUBLES.
Old 02-06-2011
Threadstarter  

@GreenBean,

I did not mean to stir things up. If I did I am sorry.

Yes, I do live in China and I am currently using my American PP account via VPN because that was the only way I could use it without it being limited.

Once I found out that they wanted my social or tax ID I figured I needed to change my game plan. I have a job in China, and pay Chinese taxes. I will be dammed if I will have to pay the US taxes on top of that.

So I want to make a new PP account in my GF name (in China) but using the same computer.

If it makes things easier I can use a new computer.

I will actually cancel my current PP account once I make a new one under my GF name. But I would still like the ability to run another PP account from the same computer in the future (once I open my new company website which is based in China and is legally registered).

So I guess my main problem is that I simply do not know which methods they use to link accounts. Yes I want to use the same computer. But I have no problem managing different users and reconnecting to my Wifi each time if need be.

Any help would be appreciated. And I am sorry for my lack of respect in my previous post. I guess I am just a bit stressed here since a lot is on the line and I really have a limited time to figure this out.
Old 02-06-2011
Threadstarter  

lol @ my new Chinese flag....
Old 02-08-2011
Threadstarter  

Well, looks like I am going to have to figure this out the hard way. Thanks for the...
Old 02-08-2011
Executive [VIP]

For what? Only got back to your thread and read further posts.

Possibily the lack of replies is .....