Best Method to use for IP - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > IP Address

IP Address Changing your IP address, multiple IPs, VPNs, hiding your IP, phone tethering, MiFi devices, hotspots and more.

Old 02-20-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 76%
Default Best Method to use for IP

hi i am new to this forum.
im a new seller on ebay. had my account for a little over a month. i havent hit my limit for the 10 items. but i bought the ebay stealth guide. well i figured that if would be good for me since I plan on using ebay as a stepping stone for a better business in the future. and also my gf is pregnant. 7 weeks and i am very excited. well back to the story. i read the stealth guide about 3 times before i tried anything. well i tried to change the ip address on the router. I have FIOS internet. well after a while of trying everything i could i started looking up how to do it on google. came to the conclusion after doing a lot of reading that FIOS is not very good for eBay Stealth. so pretty much i need some other type of internet.

my question is can i use a mobile internet device such a personal hot spot. or one of those usb internet cards. if so what do you guys recommend? what service? or can i go another route? anything will help me. im trying to get everything together ASAP.

sorry for the rant guys. i appreciate you help
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-20-2011

Are you behind a router? or do you just have a modem and that cable directly connects to your computer?
Old 02-20-2011

Longevity: 81%

Dongle, Tether, Or switch to DSL is a good idea
Old 02-20-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Unless your death is about to happen, DONT make a thread title like that again.

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-di...ew-people.html

Ideally a thread title allows others to FIND info about matters. So when they come to search for something a title like this does several things. It makes it hard to find what you might be after AND frankly some people will not be bothered to reply.

It's not an Emergency Room here. It's a forum where people take time to reply to questions asked. We are so not at your beck and call so do not treat us like that AGAIN EVER.

Last edited by GreenBean; 02-20-2011 at 05:50 PM. Reason: somebody help STAT!!!!! as if
Old 02-20-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_hulk2010 View Post
hi i am new to this forum.
im a new seller on ebay. had my account for a little over a month. i havent hit my limit for the 10 items. but i bought the ebay stealth guide.my question is can i use a mobile internet device such a personal hot spot. or one of those usb internet cards. if so what do you guys recommend? what service? or can i go another route? anything will help me. im trying to get everything together ASAP.

sorry for the rant guys. i appreciate you help
Having FIOS is not the end of being stealth.

'perosnal' hot spots always concern me in case another person has used them too. It could cause linking. That's bad.
You then have a variety to choose:
usb internet cards (many here use them)
tethering a cell phone
dial up
What you should decide is what will work smoothly for you. Here's some informative threads. READ more, ask then, dont rush. that's when you will mkae mistakes
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/everyth...zon-t-etc.html
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tr...-tracking.html
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tr...-accounts.html
Old 02-23-2011
Threadstarter  

thanks guys. sorry didnt mean to offend anyone. im also part of a bodybuilding forum that when i have a decision that i need to make within a hour i usually put a post like that so people will reply asap.
anyways. i was thinking about using the verizon mobile broadband card. (usb) i went to a buddies house over the weekend and he has one. so i checked it out logged in 5 times and each time the ip address was different. so thats good. but now im wondering if they have ip pools that they draw from and how many ip's are in the pool
Old 02-23-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forum - you have responses from GreenBean, one of the mose experience and respected forum members here.

All the best for both eb ay/ pa yp al and for your soon-to-be child.
Old 02-23-2011
Threadstarter  

thanks RSOT

hey greenbean what usb modem would you recommend? i live in southern california. if that help any with your recommendation.
Old 02-24-2011

Longevity: 81%

Quote:
thanks RSOT

hey greenbean what usb modem would you recommend? i live in southern california. if that help any with your recommendation.
i used to live there
get DSL and just disconnect the router

or go to the library's :P
Old 03-01-2011

Quote:
thanks RSOT

Hello,

Yesterday I picked up the Mifi 2200 wireless hotspot from Verizon and it's working perfectly. I simply close the Verizon Access Manager(program that loads onto your computer to use the Mifi modem/router) turn off the mifi, then switch to whatever user account on my computer that I want to use, open Verizon access manager and turn the Mifi back on, it reconnects with a new IP address every time. The Mifi device is free with a broadband contract. I have a plan for 3 GB per month for $35. This should be plenty since I only plan on using it when I'm stealth or not at home.

You can also connect to the device wirelessly, however, I have DSL at home(I wasn't able to easily get a new IP address every time, hence the dicision to go with wireless broadband) connected to a wirelss router. I was worried that if I connect to the Mifi wirelessly, my computer might reconnect to my home wireless router at some point which would go back to an old IP address wich would link me to my old suspended ebay accounts, for this reason I use the Mifi with the usb cable and disable the wireless on my computer whenever I am going stealth. This new setup works great! An additional safety feature with this setup is that I'm not able to switch to another computer user account and remain connected, if I go back to the user account with the open Verizon Access Manager and conection, it will still be connected, but you have to close the Verizon program, turn off the Mifi, then switch user accounts and open the Verizon program again and turn on the Mifi.

All verizon internet devices have a new IP everytime they are cycled off and on. You can also use the new Droid X as a connection. On my Droid, whenever I put it into airplane mode, then out of airplane mode, it has a new IP address.

------SOMETHING TO KEEP IN MIND: I just read eBay Stealth, which I am extremely happy to have found and have learned a priceless amount of information! I thought that I saw in the book somewhere(or maybe here in the forums) that it's not a good idea to connect through usb since it slows you down and it carries some other kind of information with it. The speed doesn't concern me since I'm not transfering any large files. However, I am curious about what kind of information you might be sharing with the use of a usb connection vs. another type of connection. Any insight on this by one of the veterans would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry for typing so much.

Thank you,

Vegas.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vegas For This Useful Post:
Imback2010 (03-21-2011), Mattcain (03-24-2011)
Old 03-24-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 75%
Default Status?

Vegas, how is this working for you?
I have a similar situation, using comcast (which other devices are connected to), and need a 2nd simple connection for other windows user Acct for stealth Acct. Would I have to turn off the router altogether, or just make sure that the stealth user Acct on my pc has default settings to connect to fsh wireless broadband, not the regular wireless router?

How many stealth Accts are you running in these router/wireless connections?.
Thanks
Old 03-27-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 87%

the fiois wireless router if turn off for 1 hour or two usally changes ip with no problem either i have done it before