Question about managing multiple accounts' IPs with DSL + router - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > IP Address

IP Address Changing your IP address, multiple IPs, VPNs, hiding your IP, phone tethering, MiFi devices, hotspots and more.

Old 08-17-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 77%
Default Question about managing multiple accounts' IPs with DSL + router

Hi everyone,

I have been lurking for a while and I think it is time to ask my first question here. I have been spending lots of time researching all the great ideas from many great people here as well as reading the Stealth Ebook multiple times. So far, here are some people's methods regarding the IP issue:

1. Make multiple Window users + cable/DSL & router
a. Use multiple routers, one for each Window user, keep log
b. Use one router, but assign a specific MAC address which assigns specific IP for each user, keep log
c. Use one router, but keep changing IP #'s everytime you log in, keep LONG log

2. Dial Up
a. Use multiple Windows users, assign a dial up number for each user, keep log
b. Use multiple Windows users, assign a dial up number for each user, don't keep log

3. Tether with phone or broadband wireless
a. Use multiple Windows users, assign a dial up number for each user, keep log
b. Use multiple Windows users, assign a dial up number for each user, don't keep log
c. Use for only one account, no log

I like 1b the most, assigning specific MAC addresses and IP addresses for each Windows user. It seems like with this method, we can keep a smaller log than if we were to keep logging in with new IP #'s. I have DSL and from what I gathered from the forum, I think only cable users can do that? I keep getting new IP addresses from the same MAC address. Is there a way DSL users can do this too?

If 1b is not possible, then I guess I would have to settle for 1a. If I use multiple routers, would I have to keep plugging it in as stated in this thread: http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ip-addr...s-desktop.html

I haven't heard about plugging all of them in at the same time until reading that thread. I thought we can just unplug the ones we don't use and plug the router in when we need to switch it. If my DSL can't assign a specific IP address to a MAC address, then maybe I can't use the multiple router method as well?

Also, can people using broadband wireless give their personal experience? Do you keep a log or no? How long have you went stealth without being suspended?

I am sorry for such a long post and so many questions. It is a lot of information and it seems like the IP address is what most people have problems with. Hopefully this thread will clear up some questions that others might have too. I also want to thank Aspkin and everyone else for sharing all the great ideas on this forum.

Last edited by duongdynasty; 08-17-2011 at 06:04 AM. Reason: Make title more clear.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-17-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

I use 2a. a lot so my comments are pointless. - working with 1c. soon
Old 08-17-2011
Executive [VIP]

I use 3a, with smart phone tethering and log most of the time the IP info.
Old 08-17-2011
Threadstarter  

No comments are pointless. I just hope more people respond to this thread with their experience so everyone can get an idea of how each method works. Maybe we can find the most beneficial method?

Hopefully I can get some DSL users to answer my DSL questions too. =]
Old 08-17-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

1C is the way to go in my opinion., I do it every day and works great. doesnt take very long either. Just unplug and plug back it. OR just restart your PC. Either way give you a new IP.

I have logged mine for 2 months and have yet to get a matching IP address. Some very close but none the same
Old 08-17-2011

Longevity: 76%

I am in UK and use 1c with multi user accounts.

25 accounts and counting since I joined in feb about 6 months ago and all good.

I do not mind large log files as its only text and load quick enough.

As you can imagine with 25 accounts it gets 'boring' checking/logging IPs daily so I made myself a little program that does it all for me.... my crappy demo video if you wanna see it in action.

I also us a program called folder marker with I find useful to color code certain window folders making life a bit easier - good program

Last edited by Alps_a somewhatlegend; 08-17-2011 at 10:12 PM.
Old 08-18-2011
Threadstarter  

Seems like my only option is to try 1c for now. Is there any way for you to share your program Alps? =]
Old 08-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by duongdynasty View Post
Seems like my only option is to try 1c for now. Is there any way for you to share your program Alps? =]

Yes. Its a bit buggy as in if your pc is running slow, it may work proper.

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscri...-updating.html

I recently made some changes, so its more compatible with everyones setup but not uploaded the recent one, but the one on there gives you a rough idea of whats going on.
Old 08-18-2011
Threadstarter  

Is there any way else to get it? I am not a subscriber.
Old 08-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by duongdynasty View Post
Is there any way else to get it? I am not a subscriber.
Yes. You can send me £500 (GBP) to my stlth pp a gift... I jest

You should be able to access it as you have the guide... or maybe subscription ran out.???

Not my place to say, but if you really want it, PM a mod and ask if I can send it to you.

Just to let you know though, it may not work proper on your system as I made it to cater for mine. It is abot 90% accurate... I can make it more % sucess rate, but too busy and it is OK for my needs at that sucess rate - it will not damage your system if it does not work.
Old 08-18-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%

@Alps, 500 GBP is a nice round figure
Old 08-18-2011

Longevity: 73%

Thanks ya'll for all the above info.

I do have one question. I just bought a Mifi 4G lite from Verizon, it was a bit expensive ($50/month) but worth the convenience to me since I am not very savvy with IPs and all and hope to get several stealths going. The Mifi seems to work great and I am assigned a brand new IP every time I connect to the internet.

However, I noticed that when I go to IPBurger.com the location of the IPs are shown as in a different state. They show that it is located in Wisconsin. I live in southern Florida.

Is this going to raise any flags on ebay/paypal? So far only one stealth account im using this method because I am weary.
I was told that Proxy servers show the same type of info on IPBurger (IP from a random state).

The stealth guide tells us to stay away from proxy servers, so am I at risk?

Any input would be appreciated, thanks!
Old 08-18-2011
Threadstarter  

Alps, I bought the stealth. My subscription ran out. I will message one of the Mods.

Sky, from what I read from the forums here, you should be fine. When you get more than one stealth though, you might have to keep a log in case they recycle the IPs.
The Following User Says Thank You to duongdynasty For This Useful Post:
skyhigh (08-18-2011)
Old 08-18-2011

Okay good to know, I'll keep a log with the IPs too. Thanks for the info!
Old 08-18-2011

Wow, Impressive post for a new users. Looks like you've been doing your homework.

Depending on how long I want a account to last, the more of less stealth tactics I use. If you use too many your account will squeak by the bots when you set a account up, but the account will look like it's set-up by either a flake or someone from here. Yes E-Bay has the resources to hire at least one part time employee to read the post here and other sites on the web.

So back to the IP's, the shelf life you want for the account needs to be factored into IP's and everything else.

So if I'm setting up a account that is low priority I will use public hot spots and other IP's like that. I will usually just use the same hot spot for one dedicated account. I don't need to worry about logs, if the account goes down. Just cross off the Star Bucks on Main St and go to the next one a block away. A lot of these IP's they won't blacklist anyway, since they know they are used be a lot of people. It might bring up a red flag and cause a bot to suspend a account, but I've had accounts like this suspended and they are easy to reopen. This is sometimes the first review for a account, and is easy to pass.

I use dial-up for more secure accounts. The dial-up number doesn't matter, the IP changes every time you call the number. The IP location is usually in another state and doesn't need to match your address.
The Following User Says Thank You to Road-Kill For This Useful Post:
skyhigh (08-18-2011)
Old 08-18-2011

Okay, so the Mifi would just look like a changing IP from dial up! Thanks for all the help, Im starting to get this stealthy thing down!
Old 08-19-2011
Threadstarter  

Thanks Road-kill, you added another option. I heard some people here stay off the public hot spots, but what you said makes sense-- use it only for unimportant accounts that you want to play with. Maybe I'll play around with different methods and see how long each one lasts.

I am pretty sure feebay's employees read all these forums. They should be happy as long as we pay all our fees, stay legal, and provide excellent customer service. Imagine how deep they would stab themselves if all stealth accounts are gone. They would be left with only buyer accounts. How are they going to answer all their investors? Haha.
Old 08-20-2011

^ you know it. I really feel eb/pp have looked at my accounts, know whats going on and leave me to it as I sell normal things and customers very happy so its all good.

To the point where I feel they have even put a marker saying leave this person alone - seriously - either I am deluded or I am correct
Old 08-20-2011

Delusion or reality, either way works for me.

I get the same feeling too.

If you are a TRS it helps a lot too, the buyers are afraid to mess with these accounts and ebay cuts the most slack with these accounts.
Old 08-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
I use 2a. a lot so my comments are pointless. - working with 1c. soon
Im going this route for now. what service do you use? you can pm me if you want