One 3G Modem for Multiple Account Setup: 3G Modem + Cradlepoint 3G Router + WRT54G - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Amazon X

Amazon X The juicy stuff...

Old 04-26-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 80%
Default One 3G Modem for Multiple Account Setup: 3G Modem + Cradlepoint 3G Router + WRT54G

This is setup I have been using myself for the past 6 months to run multiple Amazon accounts with one 3G modem successfully without being linked or losing any accounts. I used the Amazon stealth guide to complete majorly of this task but added a couple hardware components that allows you to just have one 3G modem and not waste any extra money on several different internet connections. While this method can be expensive with the upfront equipment cost, it will save you money in the long run.
Items needed:

• Prepaid 3G Modem – *Verizon Wireless USB760
• 3G Router - *Cradlepoint MBR900
• Wireless Router running the Tomato Firmware -* WRT54G Wireless Router

*Items I use with this method

Your prepaid 3G modem can be picked up for your local big box store and you can buy the prepaid cards with cash. I find that the 1 GB bandwidth card will probably meet most people’s needs. If you’re using this for eBay too you will probably want the 5 GB card if you’re uploading pictures and doing product research.
The Cradlepoint 3G modem allows you to plug in your 3G modem into it and share the connection over Ethernet. The Cradlepoint does NOT allow you to change the MAC address. This is the reason we need another wireless router running the tomato firmware, since it gives you the ability to change the WAN/Wireless interface MAC address.

• Once you have everything activate your 3G Prepaid modem using your prepaid refill card.

• The default settings that come with your cradlepoint will work fine, once you plug in your 3G modem into your router login to your router and follow the setup guide. Once the Cradlepoint is setup the only reason you will need to login to this router is to disconnect and reconnect to force an IP change.

• Once you have your WRT-54G running the tomato firmware you need to connect it to your Cradlepoint router via Ethernet. You need to take an Ethernet cable and connect it to the Cradlepoints LAN port (The ports labeled 1 – 4) then connect it to your WRT54Gs WAN port. Then connect your PC to the WRT54Gs LAN port.

• Now we have the ability to login to your WRT54G and go into the advanced options and change the MAC address on each of your Amazon accounts when you log in.

• We do this because Amazon tracks MAC addresses and since you cannot change the 3G Prepaid Modems MAC address nor the 3G Routers MAC address, we need to channel the connection to a router that allows us to do this.

Connection Path:
3G Modem <connect via USB> Cradlepoint Router <connect via Ethernet – LAN to WAN> WRT54G Router <connect via Ethernet - LAN to PC Ethernet port> PC

STAY ORGANIZED: I keep an excel file that is hosted via Dropbox and install it on each of my operating systems with the same login information. The excel file host each IP address I use for each account and the MAC addresses associated with each account, I make a shortcut of the excel file and drag it to the desktop. This allows me to do fast switch between accounts very fast and keeps all my MACs and IPs synced with each operating system.

It may be important to understand my PC setup. I use one computer for all my accounts with different partitions and operating systems; I make each OS as different as possible from fonts installed to different versions of Firefox. I follow the Amazon Guide for everything else.

I do not promise this method will work for you but it has been successful for me and I wanted to share this information with other members of the forum. Aspkin talks about the cradlepoint in the guide but I wanted to add in how you use one modem for all your accounts with the added WRT54G.

Sorry for any grammatical errors!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to 5MPdew For This Useful Post:
aspkin (04-27-2011), ricardosway8 (02-12-2015), shaddelick (05-04-2011), shan7-8-6 (04-28-2011), troyzz (12-15-2011), WasTopRatedThenBanned (04-27-2011)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-27-2011
Threadstarter  

I wanted add if you want to learn more information about the tomato firmware you can learn about it here: Firmware | polarcloud.com

Here is a list of routers tomato currently runs on:

* Linksys WRT54G v1-v4, WRT54GS v1-v4, WRT54GL v1.x, WRTSL54GS (no USB support)
* Buffalo WHR-G54S, WHR-HP-G54, WZR-G54, WBR2-G54
* Asus WL500G Premium (no USB support)
* Untested but apparently works without changes: SparkLAN WX-6615GT

Also, Don't forget when your picking out a 3G modem. Don't forget to check into if your going to be able to change the IP easily with a disconnect and reconnect. Verizon Wireless you can do this with but 3G modems like Virgin you can not. It needs to have a Dynamic connection and not static.
Old 04-27-2011
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

Looking into this more (I wish I paid better attention in my Cisco class), you can actually do this with all sorts of hubs, switches and routers. Any basic router that can change its MAC address should do fine. I can't believe I forgot about this.

I'll experiment more with this later.
Old 04-28-2011
Threadstarter  

Yes, Your right. I have read on the forum with people being able to spoof their MAC address with Netgear routers. I tried to do it running a router running DD-WRT but I was not successful.
Old 04-29-2011

Longevity: 83%

I have been using a similar method for a long time. But i do loose accts.

I use a Netgear router, you can get a refurbished netgear G/ N for $20-$30 from the website shipped compua.com or just go to a local location. Netgear allows you to internet configure your router. in your url line: 192.1681.1 -

log in and go to the bottom and change the last 2 numbers of the Mac Address and click submit. wait until it clears all 0's and then unplug your cable. dsl broadband modem and the netgear router and then plug it back in. (power cycle - 30 seconds) wait about a min. and then reconnect to the internet and refresh your router login page and then your new ip for that Mac address will appear. keep a record of the ips with the Mac.

You can do this with each new acct and Mac address. and then to switch accts do it all over again.

Studying Aspkins guide is key, but keep in mind that diff user accts is very much needed.

Someone on here was arguing that diff user accts was not needed and that you can just clone vmware os's and no issue. i tried this as of last week. 10 cloned accts... they are dropping from being linked after 2 sales one by one.

Better to be safe then sorry. Diff user accts., and Get/ read the Amazonghost Guide.

Thanx,
Newtools

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
Looking into this more (I wish I paid better attention in my Cisco class), you can actually do this with all sorts of hubs, switches and routers. Any basic router that can change its MAC address should do fine. I can't believe I forgot about this.

I'll experiment more with this later.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to newtools For This Useful Post:
aspkin (05-02-2011), shaddelick (05-04-2011)
Old 04-29-2011

WRN2000 - works just like WRN1000 - $19.99

CompUSA.com | RB-WNR2000-100NAR | Netgear WNR2000 Wireless N Router (Recertified)

Thanx,
Newtools
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5MPdew View Post
Yes, Your right. I have read on the forum with people being able to spoof their MAC address with Netgear routers. I tried to do it running a router running DD-WRT but I was not successful.
Old 04-30-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtools View Post
I have been using a similar method for a long time. But i do loose accts.

I use a Netgear router, you can get a refurbished netgear G/ N for $20-$30 from the website shipped compua.com or just go to a local location. Netgear allows you to internet configure your router. in your url line: 192.1681.1 -

log in and go to the bottom and change the last 2 numbers of the Mac Address and click submit. wait until it clears all 0's and then unplug your cable. dsl broadband modem and the netgear router and then plug it back in. (power cycle - 30 seconds) wait about a min. and then reconnect to the internet and refresh your router login page and then your new ip for that Mac address will appear. keep a record of the ips with the Mac.

You can do this with each new acct and Mac address. and then to switch accts do it all over again.

Studying Aspkins guide is key, but keep in mind that diff user accts is very much needed.

Someone on here was arguing that diff user accts was not needed and that you can just clone vmware os's and no issue. i tried this as of last week. 10 cloned accts... they are dropping from being linked after 2 sales one by one.

Better to be safe then sorry. Diff user accts., and Get/ read the Amazonghost Guide.

Thanx,
Newtools
Only thing I do different is change the entire MAC address and not just the last 2 characters to make Amazon think they are come from different types of manufacturers.

I have one account running on VMWare and honestly scared to move any of my other accounts over. Its tons more times consuming and annoying to reboot into different partitions but its been working so far for me.
Old 05-02-2011

most of my accts on vmware, but i change mac though the Netgear router. also have on o name user acct. usually best the new user acct what the name of the personal is on the amazon acct.
Old 05-04-2011

Longevity: 76%

Quote:
I have a netgear router, I happened to try this last night and it worked. I noticed that i dont even need to unplug or restart the router or modem for the chages to come to affect though. Is this the case for you?

In netgear, it has the option to use your computers MAC address, or a MAC address you designate, now I am confused because Based on Amazon Ghost, it seems that there are two MAC addresses we need to change, one is the routers MAC address and one is the computer MAC address. It seems that with this option in netgear we can just change the MAC address in the back panel to whatever one we designate, and we dont have to change any other MAC address. Do I still need to change the computers MAC address for Amazon?

THX
Old 05-05-2011

Reading the FULL - AmazonGhost book is Key!

to clarify I would recommend that you change both. All the information is here in the forums but NO one does a search. When I was New here i had to read tons of posts for 6+ months. We are happy to help but please also use the forums resources to find what you are looking for.

Your Answer: Use a Mac changer software for your Computer!
Like SMAC 2.0

Do a torrent search! - If you guys want a link to the torrent Pm me!

Using these methods It's allot cheaper then a 3G router and modem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaddelick View Post
I have a netgear router, I happened to try this last night and it worked. I noticed that i dont even need to unplug or restart the router or modem for the chages to come to affect though. Is this the case for you?

In netgear, it has the option to use your computers MAC aoddress, or a MAC address you designate, now I am confused because Based on Amazon Ghost, it seems that there are two MAC addresses we need to change, one is the routers MAC address and one is the computer MAC address. It seems that with this option in netgear we can just change the MAC address in the back panel to whatever one we designate, and we dont have to change any other MAC address. Do I still need to change the computers MAC address for Amazon?

THX
Old 05-05-2011

Longevity: 76%

Quote:
Reading the FULL - AmazonGhost book is Key!
Yes, i read this a few times. Its a great book, opened my eyes to many new things. But everyones situation is different therefore not all will work the same for everyone.

Quote:
to clarify I would recommend that you change both. All the information is here in the forums but NO one does a search. When I was New here i had to read tons of posts for 6+ months. We are happy to help but please also use the forums resources to find what you are looking for.
I have done a search, this is how i found your post. I see that you had the same router as I do. And in the router backpanel it has an option to use the computer mac address, right? I figured that since this is the case, by just changing the computer mac address, both addresses or changed. Also I see you mentioned resetting, or upluging the router and modem, I noticed that i dont have to do this for the changes to come into affect, do you notice this too?
Quote:
Your Answer: Use a Mac changer software for your Computer!
Like SMAC 2.0

Do a torrent search! - If you guys want a link to the torrent Pm me!
I have tried SMAC and also Tmac, but these arent working on my machine, it gives me and error, and in Tmac it ask me to restart the computer to see if the changes to the mac will be in affect... not efficient. Right now, my set up with a netgear router might be very efficient, just was looking to see if anyone has this and can verify the mac address being the same as my computers mac, and if so, i will figure out a solution to make this work. By the way my router is a Netgear N150 Wireless.

THX

Last edited by shaddelick; 05-05-2011 at 08:00 AM.
Old 06-30-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

Hey 5MPDEW, One I have followed the setup you have of "Connection Path:
3G Modem <connect via USB> Cradlepoint Router <connect via Ethernet – LAN to WAN> WRT54G Router <connect via Ethernet - LAN to PC Ethernet port> PC"....what next?

How do you connect and reconnect the correct way in order to get a new ip address? Do you just click the power button on the cradlepoint or is there something else i must do to switch the ip address between different accounts? Also do you still have to use the smac with this setup or is it not needed with this?

Thanks
Old 07-02-2011

Longevity: 78%

unplug the 3g stick and turn it off then back on. Check your IP on IPBurger | What is my IP Address? Find Your IP Address! to make sure that it has changed.