IP address/ Best dongle questions - - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > IP Address

IP Address Changing your IP address, multiple IPs, VPNs, hiding your IP, phone tethering, MiFi devices, hotspots and more.

Old 07-18-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 68%
Default IP address/ Best dongle questions -

Hi - Ive been reading the forums regarding best way to cloak IP addy. My home one is on Virgin media and the IP addy doen't change unless they reboot their services every so often, but then sometimes you get the same one issued ... Ive thought about using 'expat shield' as a VPN, but checking the IP addy location it says its in JohnOGroats... Im near Dundee so a clear difference in location. Would I need to use a mailing address in that location on my stealth accounts if I go this particular VPN route?

- regarding dongles............ as I understand it, if you are using a dongle in your laptop, everytime you disconnect and restart it gives you a new IP address ... is that correct?

- if this is gonna be a good option to use, anyone got any reccomendation which is the best dongle/ provider to get???

The general impression I get is that using your smartphone (ie Galaxy 2) for multiple accounts is a bit dodgy in case of linking issues?

Thanks a million to everyone in these forums who give good sound advice and personal experience. Its worth its weight in gold....
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-18-2012

Longevity: 79%

thats correct about diffrent i.p's

Its no set thing to which is best, some people see better results with different set up's.

Some dongals are better than others, better hardware.

Also some providers are better than other depending on where you are located.

even if someone says ' i live here and use 3, its great' you could live at other side of here and be better of on 02.

Saying that, most are pretty solid in good areas.

You have some good options for mail addresses in you city too.

do local searches.

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
The Following User Says Thank You to Stigger For This Useful Post:
northernlad (07-18-2012)
Old 07-18-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Can not have been reading the same forum as I read.

No need for VPN given you are located in the UK.

You are narrowing your thinking location wise. Basically it's acceptable to have the IP in the same country.It's the setting up of the account with user accounts cookies that is needed.
Choice of a dongle is better based on area reception & cost.
VP is a nono

ps, try to avoid putting your CORRECT location in open forum
Old 07-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by northernlad View Post
- regarding dongles............ as I understand it, if ur using a dongle in your laptop, everytime you disconnect and restart it gives you a new IP address ... is that correct?
generally, yes. use IP Burger/WhatsmyIP to check it to be sure.

Quote:
- if this is gonna be a good option to use, anyone got any reccomendation which is the best dongle/ provider to get???
Use your GS2 (that's what I've got). Saves you some money as you can use it as a dongle. Remember to check your IP though. Rebooting the phone should change it anyway (or turning data connection on/off or turning flight mode on/off). you can check your IP in Settings>About Phone>Status>IP Address

Quote:
The general impression I get is that using your smartphone (ie Galaxy 2) for multiple accounts is a bit dodgy in case of linking issues?
Don't use the official app. The Chrome App for Android lets you sign in and out of profiles. I've never used this, so I don't know how safe it is. I also don't know if the profile data is separated, but i would think it is.
Old 07-18-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 70%

Chrome in any flavour i.e. desktop, mobile or otherwise is not recommended for stealth.

It is not secure for the purpose. It searches and leaks data everywhere.
Old 07-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoneOther View Post
Chrome in any flavour i.e. desktop, mobile or otherwise is not recommended for stealth.

It is not secure for the purpose. It searches and leaks data everywhere.
So it'll access data on password protected user accounts and share it? i don't think so
Old 07-18-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by derbydave View Post
Use your GS2 (that's what I've got). Saves you some money as you can use it as a dongle. Remember to check your IP though. Rebooting the phone should change it anyway (or turning data connection on/off or turning flight mode on/off). you can check your IP in Settings>About Phone>Status>IP Address

SO Dave - that means put one of those data sims in the GS2 and use that instead of buying a dongle? I was worried that the phone might link somehow to stealth accounts such as its phone number or something? - but I guess its actually the phone's web-browser and their IP addy at that time that is working it and ur not actually going through your phone number if that makes sense.

I will take your advice and never use the ebay app again because I think that is when my previous legit accounts got linked most and they all went belly up within 1 days of each other after I started using it :(

I think its fair to assume its safer to use your phone web browser and log into the ebay/paypal accts through their regular front pages logging on as a spearate/different user each time.

Cheers.
Old 07-18-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post

ps, try to avoid putting your CORRECT location in open forum
Thanks Greenie - my apologies for putting a possible location identifier... it was meant to be an example (made up).
Old 07-18-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
So it'll access data on password protected user accounts and share it? i don't think so
Think what you like.

CHROME leaks info. Been enough of us whose stealth accounts are lasting to discover the unreliability of this OS.
Old 07-18-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Then you think wrong young Jedi.

Lots of reports all over the forum of people losing accounts when using Chrome.
Old 07-18-2012

Quote:
SO Dave - that means put one of those data sims in the GS2 and use that instead of buying a dongle? I was worried that the phone might link somehow to stealth accounts such as its phone number or something? - but I guess its actually the phone's web-browser and their IP addy at that time that is working it and ur not actually going through your phone number if that makes sense.

I will take your advice and never use the ebay app again because I think that is when my previous legit accounts got linked most and they all went belly up within 1 days of each other after I started using it :(

I think its fair to assume its safer to use your phone web browser and log into the ebay/paypal accts through their regular front pages logging on as a spearate/different user each time.

Cheers.
you could buy a separate SIM and top it up, but if you've already got one in there, use that (it's a pain in the arse swapping SIMS as it forgets passwords for any accounts you've got set up) just tether it to your laptop using the USB cable that came with it (make sure you turn the Wi-Fi off to make sure it's using a data connection) or use the portable wi-fi hotspot facility. just be sure to check the IP. they won't be able to get your phone number from it, so it won't link it to anything. also, i wouldn't use the phone to check your ebay through the browser, unless you can wipe the cookies and such-like from it. use your laptop/pc, with separate user accounts, and just the phone to tether (effectively using it as just a modem)
Old 07-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
Think what you like.

CHROME leaks info. Been enough of us whose stealth accounts are lasting to discover the unreliability of this OS.
it's a browser, not an OS! maybe i'll switch to Firefox for ebaying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoneOther View Post
Then you think wrong young Jedi.

Lots of reports all over the forum of people losing accounts when using Chrome.
still sounds wrong to me. but i'm not here to prove you're right/wrong, i'm here to try and stay under their radar. back to FF
Old 07-18-2012
Executive [VIP]

OS=Old S**t
Old 07-18-2012
Executive [VIP]

It has to do with how Chrome installs on your OS (and I do mean operating system) and stores profiles, passwords, cookies, lso's etc, they are not segregated by having different user accounts on your PC as with more reliable browsers.

That is Googles way, they want to know everything you do online.

Last edited by NoneOther; 07-18-2012 at 08:50 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to NoneOther For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (07-18-2012)
Old 07-18-2012

Quote:
you could buy a separate SIM and top it up, but if you've already got one in there, use that (it's a pain in the arse swapping SIMS as it forgets passwords for any accounts you've got set up) just tether it to your laptop using the USB cable that came with it (make sure you turn the Wi-Fi off to make sure it's using a data connection) or use the portable wi-fi hotspot facility. just be sure to check the IP. they won't be able to get your phone number from it, so it won't link it to anything. also, i wouldn't use the phone to check your ebay through the browser, unless you can wipe the cookies and such-like from it. use your laptop/pc, with separate user accounts, and just the phone to tether (effectively using it as just a modem)
if you doing this make sure you using a data only sim otherwise your sim can be blocked, been there done that.

Better use a dongle, me thinks.

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
Old 07-20-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

GreenBeen says using VPN for stealth accounts is a NO NO
I would like to know why, I'm using VPN to change my IP address everytime I switch from one account to another, i never use the same IP for different accounts, and i write down all IP Addresses i've used to avoid linking. is this all unnecessary??
Old 07-20-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by karimo View Post
GreenBeen says using VPN for stealth accounts is a NO NO
I would like to know why, I'm using VPN to change my IP address everytime I switch from one account to another, i never use the same IP for different accounts, and i write down all IP Addresses i've used to avoid linking. is this all unnecessary??
Nothing I like more than being quoted with only HALF of what I have said quoted.

How about you back and re-read what I said about the topic.

Or in case you are limited in understanding there is little to no need for a UK or USA user to use VPN.

VPN are detected. paypal dislikes them. ebay does not like them.
I am so NOT going to say use a VPN to any user based in a country that has other options to use the internet for stealth purposes.

Old 07-21-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

limited in understanding???? that is rude of you....
I not only read the whole thread but more threads and comments by you GB regarding the use of VPN, and you always say to stay away from VPN as ebay and paypal don't like them right????

what is the better option for not linking IP's when logging in and out of several accounts on Ebay ?

This is not necessarily addressed to you GB, please don't feel the urge to reply or insult.
Old 07-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by karimo View Post
limited in understanding???? that is rude of you....
I not only read the whole thread but more threads and comments by you GB regarding the use of VPN, and you always say to stay away from VPN as ebay and paypal don't like them right????

what is the better option for not linking IP's when logging in and out of several accounts on Ebay ?

This is not necessarily addressed to you GB, please don't feel the urge to reply or insult.
Different people have different options but the prefered one seems to be whats been discussed in this thread before vpn.

Just because VPN is not reccomended it does not mean you can not try it , but if it does not work , don't come crying here.