IP - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > IP Address

IP Address Changing your IP address, multiple IPs, VPNs, hiding your IP, phone tethering, MiFi devices, hotspots and more.

Old 10-30-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 68%
Default IP

Hello, I wanted to know if I create a few ebay/paypal accounts and use a dongle to change the ip address, is that fine and I wont get linked, if only the last 2 or so digits change? (considering they are new user accounts on a brand new laptop)...and if i create 10 accounts, would that work or will the ip be very similar? please help thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-31-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

IP is just 1 part, you should create User accounts for each account. Even if the IP changes by 1 digit you will be fine. Just make sure to log all your IP's and match them to each account, example:

account A - 192.168.0.1
account B - 192.168.0.2
etc.

Also make sure to have some ebay browsing history before selling.
Old 10-31-2012
Threadstarter  

thanks, and if my name only changes by a few letters or is misspelled would that be fine...example John smith
And it would be johnn Smith, Jon Smith, Johnathan Smith, John Smithh etc..? Would that be enough if there in the same city nd similar ips? What if im using a Dongle and ip is repeated would that be enough info for them to link or would hey need more details?
And To increase your limits, if you can get access to the address (friend or families address who never signed up for ebay) how can that help, would ebay or paypal send something to u in the mail and u have to confirm it? Thank you in advance
advance for your help.
Old 10-31-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by samk View Post
thanks, and if my name only changes by a few letters or is misspelled would that be fine...example John smith
And it would be johnn Smith, Jon Smith, Johnathan Smith, John Smithh etc..?
The Variety change should be fine, as long as each time it is different in more than 1 letter.

Quote:
Would that be enough if there in the same city nd similar ips? What if im using a Dongle and ip is repeated would that be enough info for them to link or would hey need more details?
Doesn't matter if they are in same City...unless you live in a town of 100 people!
To make sure you don't repeat, make sure to Log all your IPs with the Account your using at that moment.

Quote:
And To increase your limits, if you can get access to the address (friend or families address who never signed up for ebay) how can that help, would ebay or paypal send something to u in the mail and u have to confirm it? Thank you in advance
advance for your help.
Because your using different Names with Real Address there is no quick way to increase limits, My suggestion to you is to let the accounts grow organically. What I mean is sell up to your limit every Month, Ship Fast, Ship with Tracking and be sure to keep your customers happy and the limits will eventually grow.
Old 10-31-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

It is fine if the IP changes by only a few digits - works ok
Old 10-31-2012
Threadstarter  

ok thank you for your help..another thing, i go to a university and there internet gives out one ip (if you go to a website and check it) for everyone using it or connected to the wireless network..so how would ebay/paypal look at this, im pretty sure many people use ebay to both buy and sell using the same ip at the same time where others may sell. if all the ips are the same how would they link you? that would mean all the thousands of students would be the same person in the eyes of ebay/paypal? is anyone familiar with this matter. thanks