Distance from ip to closest available VPS - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > IP Address

IP Address Changing your IP address, multiple IPs, VPNs, hiding your IP, phone tethering, MiFi devices, hotspots and more.

Old 11-08-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 77%
Default Distance from ip to closest available VPS

I have another address in another state that hasn't been used before and I want use it to set up a new ebay and pp account.

I live more than 1000 miles from that address and will use a vps to log in to these accounts locally.

But the closest vps ip address I could find is more than 150 miles from the house address.

I am going to get a local evoice # to verify the accounts and a local ups suite for returns.

Will this raise any red flags simply because of the distance from the house and the ip address? How close does it have to be?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-08-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Why?

No need to go to the trouble of having a VPS.

You can choose other (safer) methods because you are based in the USA.

Old 11-08-2012
Threadstarter  

What other methods? Are they cost effective?

The VPS service I was looking at is only 8.95 per month. Why are these other methods 'safer'?
Old 11-09-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Why cant you look at dongle service or tethering with your phone?
Old 11-09-2012
Threadstarter  

I had the dongle service with VZ, but it's $25 a month and it's another set of equipment to charge and bring with me if I travel (which I do for work quite often). It's more stuff that I have to worry about hooking up, charging, bringing with me, losing, breaking etc. I'd rather just login thru remote desktop for less than $10 a month and have the same ip each time.

And I've tethered from my cell too. But I read that it wasn't safe, plus that will be a local ip. I am currently 1000 miles away from the address I want to use which was my original question. I wanted to find a way of logging in from a local ip address, which was cost effective, and not raise any flags.

Or does ebay not care about the distance from the ip address to your street address as long as you log in from a US ip for a US account?
Old 11-09-2012
Executive [VIP]

I know of folx basing their accounts in a state far from where they live - their accounts still seem to work fine
Old 11-09-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by octour View Post
Or does ebay not care about the distance from the ip address to your street address as long as you log in from a US ip for a US account?

Provided you are logging in with your user account set up correctly, ebay does not bother about the distances like you are stating.

Correctly set-up cell phones are fine for stealth as well.
Old 11-09-2012

Activity: 3%
Longevity: 70%

Im not a pro on stealth, but I dont think this matters. Distance info is based on your ISP and how its setup. One can be in NJ but their whois info that web servers see can say hes coming from PA so this method is useless for tracking location.

When I teither using my phone, the location is always sprints central(tx I belive) location even though im from NJ. I dont think this is really an issue.
Old 11-10-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
Why?

No need to go to the trouble of having a VPS.

You can choose other (safer) methods because you are based in the USA.

Can you explain what you mean by other (safer) methods? Can you give an example and why it is safer?
Old 11-10-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by octour View Post
I had the dongle service with VZ, but it's $25 a month and it's another set of equipment to charge and bring with me if I travel (which I do for work quite often). It's more stuff that I have to worry about hooking up, charging, bringing with me, losing, breaking etc.
Not sure what kind of Dongle u were using but I have a T-Mobile Dongle and it's USB so it doesn't require charging.

Quote:
I'd rather just login thru remote desktop for less than $10 a month and have the same ip each time.
You still require Internet Service to log into a VPS.
How many Ebay accounts do you run?

Quote:
And I've tethered from my cell too. But I read that it wasn't safe, plus that will be a local ip.
Read where? I tether from my Cell phone every day at least 20 times, As long as you record the IP to the Account, and clear cookies it's safe.

Quote:
I am currently 1000 miles away from the address I want to use which was my original question. I wanted to find a way of logging in from a local ip address, which was cost effective, and not raise any flags.
I have 7 stealth accounts all at least 6 states away and my IP is no where near those states, The TRICK is to build browsing History with those accounts before doing any selling or withdrawing.

Quote:
Ebay cares to a point, As I said above...Building Browsing History is Key as long as the IP address itself has not been used across multiple accounts at 1 time.
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
oompaloompa (11-10-2012)
Old 11-13-2012
Threadstarter  

I plan on getting a local VPS within 150 miles from the address I will use on my account. It will have a unique IP.

It's less than $13 a month. Will this be safe?
Old 11-13-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

If you are using USA Ebay/Paypal Accounts there is no Need for VPS, VPN. Make sure to create User Account(s) on your computer(s) and get browsing history on Ebay/PP before making any sales or withdrawls. As I have mentioned before, I run Ebay/PP accounts that have addresses 5-6 states away or more and I do it successfully.
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
Roscoe (01-17-2013)
Old 11-13-2012
Threadstarter  

And you do this all from the same PC? I have 1 account on my PC right now, admin, that I have been using to log into another account. If I add another, you're telling me that I have nothing to worry about creating a new acct 1000 miles away from the home address I'm going to use for eb@y acct ownership?

Then all I would need is a phone # for verification (I assume in the area code from where the account is) and I can add a fresh new bank acct to link to PP? (once PP is set up, which I will do from the same new user account on my pc)

So just, switch user accounts on my pc, reboot my router (or tether my phone), check my ip to make sure it has changed, and I should be safe using all the steps from above?

Surely, the ip addresses will be the same from time to time. Is this okay if you log in from the different user account on the pc?

So the only additional per monthly $ I would have to pay for would be the phone?
Old 11-14-2012
Executive [VIP]

@octour, all information has been verified in the stealth guide and other posts here - you seem to be on right track.

IP addresses should be different from each other but I will admit that I dont keep track.

What you planning on selling?
Old 11-14-2012
Threadstarter  

I plan on selling items that I have on hand, home decor items that I purchased from dhgate. They are non-brand items with a good return and are very popular and cheap to ship as well.

I'm confident that I will be able to make some good $ with them.

I will sell these for a few months and hopefully I will get the new 5k limit they seem to be rolling out for this new account instead of the 10/1000 bs limit.

From there, I will hopefully convert it to a business account and provide them with legit LLC info and an EIN for PP. I have seen it discussed on other threads, but I did't see a definitive answer. Would I be able to set up an LLC and remain stealth with an EIN # or will PP somehow find out that my personal account was banned about a year ago and link what they found to my ss# tied to that banned account?
Old 11-14-2012
Executive [VIP]

/quote

Would I be able to set up an LLC and remain stealth with an EIN # or will PP somehow find out that my personal account was banned about a year ago and link what they found to my ss# tied to that banned account?

Go For EIN option - do NOT use ANY OLD info.
Old 11-14-2012
Threadstarter  

Yes, I don't plan on using any of my old info aside from my real name which is almost as common as John Smith.

Or should I be extremely cautious and go ahead an get my LLC done and use nothing but that info with maybe a UPS Suite address?

I can get the LLC for $200 and the suite address for less than $15 a month and tether my phone for a connection.