Is phone tethering the best method if i just need one stealth account? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > IP Address

IP Address Changing your IP address, multiple IPs, VPNs, hiding your IP, phone tethering, MiFi devices, hotspots and more.

Old 08-06-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 56%

Hi all, been doing lots of reading here, great forum!

I purchased the ebay stealth guide immediately, awesome guide!

My only question.. If i just need ONE stealth account is tethering my phones data connection to my computer the best way to get a new ip address? I know it will change my ip addressalmost every time I connect.. not sure if thats a good or bad thing?

I read changing your mac address when using a stealth account is more effective because you can pretty much get the same ip address for your stealth account every time which is less suspicious to ebay? Is this correct? I read that they prefer accounts that dont constantly change IPs, but rather that they use one simple clean IP that isnt linked to any suspended accounts?

Just trying to do this right the first time but not sure which route to go as far as changing my ip address.. tethering is super duper easy, but getting a new ip everytime can be suspicious to ebay.

What do you guys think, please share your experiences. thanks.

Wow thanks for all the info guys. GREAT information is priceless..

One more question though, is it true if you have logged in to your suspended ebay account on your phone using wifi AND 4g LTE or 3g whatever and have had the ebay app installed as well that it is no longer safe? If this is the case i will probably factory reset my phone and not install ebay app.

What is your guys experience with this?

thanks again!

I plan on having only one stealth account, while using my old suspended one for buying stuff ( can still buy on there just not sell)

I plan to use my phone to tether and get new ip addresses... my main concern is my phone already has the ebay app installed which i used numerous times to check my suspended ebay account, with data and wifi both.. is this a risk?

should i uninstall the ebay app and not check ebay through my phones browser either?

Or should i just make sure i use different ips when checking my stealth account and my suspended account on my phone..

I would think cookies on my phone would link them

what do you guys think?

Last edited by TGMT²; 08-06-2014 at 05:31 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-06-2014
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,653 Times in 1,250 Posts
Activity: 26%
Longevity: 61%
Default Re: Is phone tethering the best method if i just need one stealth account?

Ciao s4charged.
tethering your phone data connection is perfectly fine If you don't have a dongle to connect to the internet or a home connection on dynamic ip.

Changing ip everytime you connect to your account is fine too and it is what most people around the world is doing (myself included).

The important thing is to keep your browser cookies and history in place so when you log into your ebay account can recognise you.

You are on the right path.

Buona fortuna.
The Following User Says Thank You to ilcarletto For This Useful Post:
s4charged (08-06-2014)
Old 08-06-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Is phone tethering the best method if i just need one stealth account?

Welcome to the forums. Tethering works well. Keep track of your IPs to avoid overlapping across accounts.

New user account per eb/pp combo and dont delete the cookies in each account
Old 08-06-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

I plan on having multiple stealth account but now my question is What about the address? From what I understand the address should be within 100 miles range of the tether phone IP address, and I have notices the location of my phone tether is all in the same city and the same state no matter how many times I turn it back on and off. So do you guys recommend getting an address close to the IP address is? Or do you think that is not a big deal? I would like to rent PO box in where I can actually get to.
Thank you for your help!
s4charged (08-06-2014)
Old 08-06-2014
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,653 Times in 1,250 Posts
Activity: 26%
Longevity: 61%

@wkc250
have a look in here:

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tr...een-using.html
The Following User Says Thank You to ilcarletto For This Useful Post:
wkc250 (08-06-2014)
Old 08-06-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkc250 View Post
I plan on having multiple stealth account but now my question is What about the address? From what I understand the address should be within 100 miles range of the tether phone IP address, and I have notices the location of my phone tether is all in the same city and the same state no matter how many times I turn it back on and off. So do you guys recommend getting an address close to the IP address is? Or do you think that is not a big deal? I would like to rent PO box in where I can actually get to.
Thank you for your help!
I have used IP located 100s of km away from my stealth address after setting up the account with same state IP
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
wkc250 (08-06-2014)
Old 08-06-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Thanks guys, great information.
Old 08-06-2014
just_smile

Longevity: 0%

If you only want ONE stealth. Then simply change your i.p address from your old banned ip.

Usually this can be done by turning your router off for 10 seconds (or overnight) then when you turn it.back on you'll have a clean permanent ip.

Whether this works depends on your internet provider.