Has anyone figured out how to use firefox portable with ubuntu? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Multiple eBay & PayPal Accounts

Multiple eBay & PayPal Accounts General discussions on multiple eBay & PayPal accounts, VMs, user accounts, shipping and more.

Old 06-10-2018
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 61%
Default Has anyone figured out how to use firefox portable with ubuntu?

Do they even have a version for this? It would be interesting if it did.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-12-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%
Default Re: Has anyone figured out how to use firefox portable with ubuntu?

https://unix.stackexchange.com/quest...-firefox-linux
Old 06-13-2018
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

man, that is a lot of work! Why can't linux be simple. People romanticize the free software movement a little too much. You get what u pay for.
Old 06-13-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

^^Agreed. Linux sucks. :/
Old 06-13-2018

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 45%

^^Have to disagree... Linux is for making the impossible possible... If it cant be done with Windows you can do it with Linux but it takes a lot of knowledge. (which I'm not claiming to have).

But my everyday stealth machine is a Chromebook running ChromeOS along side a CLI only version of Ubuntu with Crouton.

The new Chromebooks allow you to download and use Android apps from Google Play and they are about to come out with Linux Containers [Crostini] where you can safely run a Linux distro on your Chromebook without having to put it in Dev mode and weakening ChromeOS security. Then you will safely be able to use any Linux application as well.

Last edited by nate; 06-13-2018 at 05:18 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to nate For This Useful Post:
phaz0rz (06-13-2018)
Old 06-13-2018
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

what are you doing now that windows can't? not t trying to be confrontational, i'd actually be interested to learn more.
Old 06-13-2018

Im sure it can be done somehow... I just havent figured it out yet...

I want to build a batch file that acts as a VPN kill switch at the kernel level for Windows. I dont feel safe using someone else's coded program or just by using a firewall kill switch...

In Linux it's as easy as opening up a terminal and droppin' a set of iptables rules...

sudo iptables -F
sudo iptables -P INPUT DROP
sudo iptables -P FORWARD DROP
sudo iptables -P OUTPUT DROP
sudo iptables -A INPUT -i lo -j ACCEPT
sudo iptables -A INPUT -s 55.55.55.55 -j ACCEPT
sudo iptables -A INPUT -i tun0 -j ACCEPT
sudo iptables -A INPUT -i vpn_vpn -j ACCEPT
sudo iptables -A INPUT -j DROP
sudo iptables -A OUTPUT -o lo -j ACCEPT
sudo iptables -A OUTPUT -d 55.55.55.55 -j ACCEPT
sudo iptables -A OUTPUT -o tun0 -j ACCEPT
sudo iptables -A OUTPUT -o vpn_vpn -j ACCEPT
sudo iptables -A OUTPUT -j DROP
sudo ip6tables -F

Where 55.55.55.55 is the public IP of the VPN server.

Mine are for both OpenVPN client=tun0 and SoftEther Client=vpn_vpn (those are the network adapters)

But besides my own personal experience... I don't think you can do much of anything with windows you can do with Kali Linux.

If you knew every Linux command to every package for Linux I believe you could rule the world.

Windows has a habit of changing settings without asking.

It happened to my mining rig the other day. Windows Defender took my mining software out of the exclusions list and quarantined it. I was out of town and only had my Galaxy Edge Plus to remote into it with Teamviewer to figure out what the issue was when my miner went offline. Ever try and trouble shoot Windows while only being able to see a 1/4 of the screen at a time... Nightmare...

Last edited by nate; 06-13-2018 at 05:34 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to nate For This Useful Post:
phaz0rz (06-13-2018)
Old 06-13-2018
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

interesting stuff, where's a good place to start to learn on all the linux commands? Lynda?
Old 06-13-2018

No. You take something like that portable browser you want to install, spin up a fresh VM running Ubuntu and start Googling on another computer while you work your way through it. If you get errors, google the error message. I havent had a problem yet I couldnt find a answer to even if the info I found was related to an entirely different project someone was working on. If you mess up the OS just clone another fresh OS and start over. That is actually what VMWare was built for.

It all takes time tho which is a valuable commodity....

For the basics I spun up a fresh VM of Ubuntu and watched Youtube videos on the basics of Linux while I followed what he was doing on my own OS.

My motivation was building my own VPN's. That was my first project in Linux... The time it took was worth it because it saved me what? $10-20 a month x 10 accounts.

After that it was addicting.
Old 06-13-2018
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

so let me get this straight, you can change your own ip address with your own home network? No need to pay an extra VPN provider? Not that I don't want to, some VPN providers are pretty good.
Old 06-13-2018

Not exactly... You rent a VPS (virtual private server) which is basically just a Virtual Machine running a Linux distro (Ubuntu if you want) on a server somewhere. All VPS's come with your very own IPv4 altho some are static and some dynamic. (if its dynamic it will say shared IPv4)

You access the Virtual Machine through SSH. There is no GUI (graphical user interface) its all CLI (command line interface). Then you build the server (computer) to do what you want it to remotely using Putty (a SSH client).

For instance you could install a GUI and VNC viewer (simiular to Teamviewer) and use it as a remote Ubuntu computer if you wanted to...

I just install SoftEther VPN Server on it to use its internet connection and IPv4. SoftEther is a VPN software with multiple VPN protocols. OpenVPN, L2TP/IPsec, VPN Azure, Microsoft SSTP, and SoftEther's own protocol which uses SSL to tunnel the VPN through tcp port 443 which looks exactly like a normal connection to a website and can't be detected.

But If you wanted to you could run VPN software on your PC at home. But the IP you would get would be your home IP. If you want to learn how to build a VPN that's a good way to practice before renting a VPS... I get VPS's for $9.95/year just to give you an idea of pricing. But I get them pretty cheap compared to most.

I rooted a Flashed to Verizon 3G $5/month Android and installed Linux and SoftEther on it and turned the phone into a VPN server that allowed me to use the Verizon IP's remotely when the 3G service stopped working in my area. It also worked to leave at someones house connected to their WiFi and I could use the VPN to use their IP address remotely

Linux is a beautiful thing. You wont be see anyone doing that with Windows...

Last edited by nate; 06-13-2018 at 10:23 PM.
Old 09-05-2018

Longevity: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate View Post
Not exactly... You rent a VPS (virtual private server) which is basically just a Virtual Machine running a Linux distro (Ubuntu if you want) on a server somewhere. All VPS's come with your very own IPv4 altho some are static and some dynamic. (if its dynamic it will say shared IPv4)

You access the Virtual Machine through SSH. There is no GUI (graphical user interface) its all CLI (command line interface). Then you build the server (computer) to do what you want it to remotely using Putty (a SSH client).

For instance you could install a GUI and VNC viewer (simiular to Teamviewer) and use it as a remote Ubuntu computer if you wanted to...

I just install SoftEther VPN Server on it to use its internet connection and IPv4. SoftEther is a VPN software with multiple VPN protocols. OpenVPN, L2TP/IPsec, VPN Azure, Microsoft SSTP, and SoftEther's own protocol which uses SSL to tunnel the VPN through tcp port 443 which looks exactly like a normal connection to a website and can't be detected.

But If you wanted to you could run VPN software on your PC at home. But the IP you would get would be your home IP. If you want to learn how to build a VPN that's a good way to practice before renting a VPS... I get VPS's for $9.95/year just to give you an idea of pricing. But I get them pretty cheap compared to most.

I rooted a Flashed to Verizon 3G $5/month Android and installed Linux and SoftEther on it and turned the phone into a VPN server that allowed me to use the Verizon IP's remotely when the 3G service stopped working in my area. It also worked to leave at someones house connected to their WiFi and I could use the VPN to use their IP address remotely

Linux is a beautiful thing. You wont be see anyone doing that with Windows...
While what you are saying is really cool, I think for the "normal" sellers that would not just work. You just don't have to build up that stuff, but you have to maintain it, applying security patches etc.... you need to learn Linux, understand how SSH, CLI works etc... and at the same you have to put efforts on your sales etc.. :D
Old 09-05-2018

While it sounds complicated, it's not as bad as it sounds. I see your familiar with Bitcoin... So you know about holding your own private keys... I'm also sure you know what it is about Bitcoin that makes it more secure than Ethereum... "Attack surface"...

CentOS is a Enterprise grade operating system. The minimal version has even less attack vector. I wouldn't run more than one update when you first install the OS, there's no need.

Change the SSH port, disable root login, add a sudo user, only allow ssh access with a 256bit private key.

Then only enable what you need on the VPN... Which only leaves listening ports on 443/tcp and 1194/udp. SoftEther/OpenVPN.

Then you lock down the entire server with a iptables rule set that only allows VPN and SSH traffic. And if you really want to get secure you only allow SSH traffic from two sources <IP addresses> you have access to.

No maintenance needed. Just set it and forget it...

Look back at my posts from 2 years ago, actually don't, it's embarrassing... that will show you how easy it truly is, cuz I didn't know sh!t... Or maybe I learn fast?

But I agree, not for the "Normal" seller. Not sure how many of us are Normal tho. Maybe more than I'm thinking...

Last edited by nate; 09-05-2018 at 10:46 AM.
Old 09-06-2018

Longevity: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate View Post
While it sounds complicated, it's not as bad as it sounds. I see your familiar with Bitcoin... So you know about holding your own private keys... I'm also sure you know what it is about Bitcoin that makes it more secure than Ethereum... "Attack surface"...

CentOS is a Enterprise grade operating system. The minimal version has even less attack vector. I wouldn't run more than one update when you first install the OS, there's no need.

Change the SSH port, disable root login, add a sudo user, only allow ssh access with a 256bit private key.

Then only enable what you need on the VPN... Which only leaves listening ports on 443/tcp and 1194/udp. SoftEther/OpenVPN.

Then you lock down the entire server with a iptables rule set that only allows VPN and SSH traffic. And if you really want to get secure you only allow SSH traffic from two sources <IP addresses> you have access to.

No maintenance needed. Just set it and forget it...

Look back at my posts from 2 years ago, actually don't, it's embarrassing... that will show you how easy it truly is, cuz I didn't know sh!t... Or maybe I learn fast?

But I agree, not for the "Normal" seller. Not sure how many of us are Normal tho. Maybe more than I'm thinking...
For me personnally, CentOS, FirewallID, SSH etc.. is nothing new. However I was speaking for the majority of users, which I guess are not the linux nerds... if you see what I mean.
Old 09-06-2018
Banned

Longevity: 52%