Multiple Accounts Help?? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Multiple eBay & PayPal Accounts

Multiple eBay & PayPal Accounts General discussions on multiple eBay & PayPal accounts, VMs, user accounts, shipping and more.

Old 07-27-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 85%
Default Multiple Accounts Help??

When you have multiple ebay accounts, is the only thing you need to do create multiple user accounts when using windows (1 computer)? Is that it? Or do you need to do something else regarding IP address? Please help! Thank you!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-27-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

Changing IP helps a bit, certainly.

Keep a tracking sheet of each login for each ebay/pp with first login date,most recent login date, time, IP used. Also, keep a master record of registration info for each ebay/pp: user name, registered name, birthdate, phone, password, secret question, the whole shebang. You'll need it from time to time.
Old 07-27-2009
Threadstarter  

Yea, I already do that, I keep all the account information on note cards and just shuffle through them. As for changing IP, I have Comcast Hi-Speed so I don't know how that works in regards to getting different IP addresses. I know it's not a Static IP. But would I be ok by just having different microsoft user accounts for each ebay account? Would that be enough?
Old 07-27-2009
Vicvelcro

It might be enough. If you don't do a lot of logging in and logging out, if you don't use each account every single day, and if you don't have many. That's the straight answer.

The realistic answer is that you should change IP. It's easy as scheiss. You got a router or are you connected straight to the modem? What kind of modem/router/network-card?
Old 07-27-2009
Threadstarter  

I plan on having a lot of accounts and using them every single day. And what is scheiss? And I'm connected straight to the modem, I'm unsure of what model it is, but I can find it out tomorrow. I know it is whatever modem Comcast gives you.
Old 07-27-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Welcome to the forum,chief.
tbf, I make sure that each IP is different for each account. Why? Because they are 'stealth' & I try to use them as different people. For me, it matters that the IPs be very different. The unhappiest word for me with ebay is link. I make sure nothing links.
Old 07-27-2009
Threadstarter  

Thanks GreenBean! I am thoroughly still in awe from when I discovered this forum two weeks ago with all the information it has! So please bear with me if my questions are, ya know, a little basic. Anywho, I have no idea how to change IP's with each user account? Does this happen automatically or is there something I need to do with the modem? And do proxy servers work or no? Thanks for all your help everyone, I really appreciate it!
Old 07-27-2009
Vicvelcro

Chief,

I can coach you through the IP stuff. Scheiss is something I can't translate for you in the open forum. I think there's a rule I'd get ding'd for.

If you can give me the exact model of the modem, that's great. Or at least the brand name on it. Saying Comcast means you probably have Scientific Atlanta. If you don't have digital phone you probably have the DPC2100(r)2. If you have digital voice, you most likely have the DPC2203 or the EPX2203. It will say on the sticker.

The job is easier if you connect through a router, but not impossible and still not too hard. But connecting direct to the NIC means you have to run a separate program to change a setting (not an internal windows command). I have the program or you can google it. We'll get to that later.
Old 07-27-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

'You' can do that yourself. There are a couple of options. Proxys are not recommended as ebay can/does detect them. SInce you have a dynamic IP, there is no reason why you would need a proxy. Comcast is popular with users here. IPs can be changed. You use a Apple-Mac don't you?

ps 'scheiss is bathroom talk
Old 07-27-2009
Threadstarter  

VicVelcro-I'll get you the exact modem model and number tomorrow and then we can roll from there. Thank you so much for your help!

GreenBean-My main computer where I live is a Apple/Mac but I used it for my main account which was flagged and suspended for a week (off suspension but I wanna let it lay low for a while). So I typically run everything off my dad's computer (yes, I live with my family, I'm a college student, there's some background lol). My dad has a regular PC with Windows Vista. I have multiple stealth accounts and have used one on his computer.
PS. thanks for the scheiss clue haha

THANKS AGAIN GUYS/LADIES(?) I REALLY APPRECIATE IT!!
Old 07-27-2009
Vicvelcro

If chief has an Apple, I can't help much with the NIC, so IP changing I can only help if a router were involved. Somebody around here probably knows about changing the NIC MAC on an Apple.
Old 07-27-2009
Threadstarter  

No the Apple computer I won't be using. The one I use now for all my ebay stuff is a regular pc with Comcast. Don't wanna get linked up!!
Old 08-02-2009

Longevity: 87%

you should read the book it has a wealth of information