eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Multiple eBay & PayPal Accounts (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/multiple-ebay-paypal-accounts/)
-   -   What about Cricket and Magic Jack (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/multiple-ebay-paypal-accounts/15716-what-about-cricket-magic-jack.html)

Uncle Billy 01-09-2010 05:57 AM

What about Cricket and Magic Jack

I just read through my stealth guide and I was wondering if anyone has tried or knows much about using Cricket for the Broadband Wireless? I have heard good things about them and where I live there coverage is ample. I am not a computer wizz like many on here but I assume that using Cricket Wireless the IP address would be dynamic? I would love to hear from someone that know more about it.

Also would magic jack work for phone verification?

oge 01-09-2010 09:08 AM

Heard about cricket broadband not sure about being able to change ips but i'm sure it's a go. Magicjack works flawlessly no problems there.

First Edition 01-09-2010 10:20 AM

Broadband cards will make a new ip every time you disconnect and reconnect, for the most part. I thought magic jack is for VOIP...

newtools 01-13-2010 02:44 AM

I have a majic jack, and no Reg. phone line.

I'm gonna try a v.92 dial modem connected to the magicjack. What I was noticing on some of the dial up internet services, if says: we do not gaur that a local number will be avalible. You get to choose your dial up number based on state and city, and choose a number in any area code.

For the $7.95 unlimted dial up, you can choose any number to dial up in teh country and match it to the state, city you have your mailing address and yphone number for verification. If you use vmware to create new windows user then a new hardare id for your network card is covered.

What do you guys think?

aspkin 01-13-2010 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Billy (Post 118606)
I just read through my stealth guide and I was wondering if anyone has tried or knows much about using Cricket for the Broadband Wireless? I have heard good things about them and where I live there coverage is ample. I am not a computer wizz like many on here but I assume that using Cricket Wireless the IP address would be dynamic? I would love to hear from someone that know more about it.

Also would magic jack work for phone verification?

Magic Jack should work fine.

And those broadband cards are nice for fast new IPs anytime you need them. Though not all services are created equal.

OfficialGenius 01-13-2010 05:16 AM

Unlimited 3G Broadband for $40 a month. Not bad at all!
Cheapest service I've seen out there for changing IP instantly each time. Verizon wireless is expensive or I can choose the $19.99 plan High Speed Internet only
Without Verizon home phone*

First Edition 01-13-2010 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OfficialGenius (Post 119243)
Unlimited 3G Broadband for $40 a month. Not bad at all!
Cheapest service I've seen out there for changing IP instantly each time. Verizon wireless is expensive or I can choose the $19.99 plan High Speed Internet only
Without Verizon home phone*

Cricket only works in certain counties in certain states. Verizon is nationwide and consistent. Worth the extra 20 dollars a month, by far.

ovidiu 01-13-2010 09:46 PM

You don't get the EVDO (3G) service everywhere, but pretty much every metro area (and many freeway corridors) will be almost completely covered. I have Sprint mobile broadband via a blackberry and love it. The dedicated aircards should be faster and receive better signal than the blackberry.

newtools 01-13-2010 10:28 PM

So basicly you don't need to do dial up to get a new ip everytime so you don't have to keep going back to your routers admin page and change the Mac Id and log it? Dennis was saying that changing out your router for each acct or just doing dial up for each new user acct and EB, PP login will chamge ur IP without having to do naything else. (the lazy way) :thumb:

If verizon is $20 a month and the ip changes everytime that would be great. I have heard on the forum EE, PP and Amazon track ur Network ID, how would that work using the same Broadband card?

First Edition 01-16-2010 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newtools (Post 119357)
So basicly you don't need to do dial up to get a new ip everytime so you don't have to keep going back to your routers admin page and change the Mac Id and log it? Dennis was saying that changing out your router for each acct or just doing dial up for each new user acct and EB, PP login will chamge ur IP without having to do naything else. (the lazy way) :thumb:

If verizon is $20 a month and the ip changes everytime that would be great. I have heard on the forum EE, PP and Amazon track ur Network ID, how would that work using the same Broadband card?

Verizon is 60, it's an extra 30 to tether your smartphone. I'm not sure about the network ID.... but the broadband card is great, I've been using it for months. Not had one single account linked. I've been logging all of my ip's too, and not one ip has been the same. After thousands and thousands of ip's....

Uncle Billy 01-17-2010 08:24 AM

to Cricket or not to Cricket

I have done quite a bit of research and for me Cricket offers the best deal hands down, "FOR ME." the coverage in my area is great, Cricket doesn't require a contract its month to month and its $20.00 less then everyone else And aside from Alltell its unlimited usage. I personally like the idea of how simple it is to change your IP address with a wireless card such as Cricket. I haven't purchased mine yet but I assume considering its month to month they wont require as much personal information like the other carriers such as AT&T, Verizion ECT....

I was asking about Magic Jack for the phone verification. I guess they hand out some weird phone numbers and wanted to know if anyone has used them without problems, thus far it sounds like it should work fine.

I really want to hear from people that are successfully or unsuccessfully using them and the suggestions they may have.

Lastley I heard there is a way to use an unlocked, jail broke Iphone as a wifi hub, my brother in law is working on it. For us Iphone users out there that would be really cool if it does work right

lakeman 01-17-2010 08:28 AM

I'm not sure if this is what you mean by an iPhone wireless hub. But I use PdaNet on my iPhone to connect it wirelessly to my computer.

First Edition 01-17-2010 09:56 AM

Quote:

Lastley I heard there is a way to use an unlocked, jail broke Iphone as a wifi hub, my brother in law is working on it. For us Iphone users out there that would be really cool if it does work right
As a wifi hub? You can use the phone as a modem, but this is basically using it as a connection/broadband card. I don't think you can hook more than one computer up to the wifi on an iphone. You can with a Mifi card from Verizon or Sprint, but that actually broadcasts wifi. The iphone doesn't have this capability... even then, you'd have to connect it to the ATT network.

Even you have an unlocked phone, let's assume you do make it a wifi hotspot. If it's not connected to the ATT network, you'll have to connect it to a traditional internet service, and have to use that ip address.

The resetting of the ip address with a mobile device is just a side affect of how it connects to the mobile phone network.

If you can get an iPhone to broadcast a wifi signal, that would be cool. Although, even then you'd be restricted to ATT 3g coverage. You can only use this phones data capabilities in certain more heavily populated areas.

Uncle Billy 01-17-2010 12:25 PM

Sorry guys that's what I meant please excuse my lack of technical vocabulary

lakeman 01-17-2010 01:28 PM

First Edition, you can use an iPhone to broadcast a wifi signal. I do it all the time. Of course when you connect to the wifi signal on your computer, the Internet will be the same speed as it is on the phone, but it's really nice to have. I have gone through hundreds of ips with it and have yet to get the same one twice.

First Edition 01-17-2010 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakeman (Post 120166)
First Edition, you can use an iPhone to broadcast a wifi signal. I do it all the time. Of course when you connect to the wifi signal on your computer, the Internet will be the same speed as it is on the phone, but it's really nice to have. I have gone through hundreds of ips with it and have yet to get the same one twice.

Sure, but I mean for the purposes of connecting more than one computer. Such as with a mifi. You're just using the wifi connection instead of a usb cable as a dongle/tether.

lakeman 01-17-2010 02:14 PM

Yeah, I haven't tried two computers at once but I would think it would work. I don't see why it wouldn't.

First Edition 01-17-2010 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakeman (Post 120173)
Yeah, I haven't tried two computers at once but I would think it would work. I don't see why it wouldn't.

I don't think it can be used as a hub. If it could, that would be cool. I wonder if other smart phones with wifi can.....

lakeman 01-17-2010 02:35 PM

I'll give it a try tonight, would be neat if it could.

OfficialGenius 01-18-2010 06:51 AM

Ok, I never ever done the tethering thing before so I am not experienced.

Do I need to have a plan or some sort of plan so that I am able to tether for a dfferent IP? Or am I able to do it prepaid?

I am just trying to see if I should invest money in a cell phone/plan or just DSL. The good thing about cell phone is that you don't ave to be home 24.7 to check your stuff, you can do it while you're on the go!

First Edition 01-18-2010 12:27 PM

I don't know about ATT, but with Verizon and Sprint you have to pay an extra charge to be able to tether the smartphone, on top of what you already pay for the data. I would just get a connection card. If you don't want to do a contract, you can buy a new card for 130 from Verizon and just pay monthly.

OfficialGenius 01-18-2010 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by First Edition (Post 120382)
I don't know about ATT, but with Verizon and Sprint you have to pay an extra charge to be able to tether the smartphone, on top of what you already pay for the data. I would just get a connection card. If you don't want to do a contract, you can buy a new card for 130 from Verizon and just pay monthly.

The Verizon wireless plans are quite expensive, do you know if I would get a new IP each time I connect/disconnect?