eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Multiple eBay & PayPal Accounts (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/multiple-ebay-paypal-accounts/)
-   -   Tracking Multiple Accounts with Excel - How do you do it? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/multiple-ebay-paypal-accounts/4688-tracking-multiple-accounts-excel-how-do-you-do.html)

Junkymail 05-17-2008 12:21 PM

Tracking Multiple Accounts with Excel - How do you do it?

When I first joined this site I couldn't wrap my head around how on earth I would keep all the accounts organized. Pre-suspension it was so easy because all of the info I used was true! But having multiple secret identities... jeebus! I searched the forums for some example spreadsheets others have used, but didn't really find anything I liked. So I made up my own and would like to share! And since I'm new at having multiple ⊗⊗⊗⊗ identities, please give me your input if you think there's more things I need to be keeping track of!! Every little bit of input helps :)

ebayhateluv and greenbean - how do you guys do it with sticky notes and index cards? You must be very organized! I'm terrible with paper :p

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/3...2039tn1.th.gif
This is how I keep track of my accounts for now. The data in this spreadsheet is ⊗⊗⊗⊗, for demo purposes. I made it so the accounts automatically change color if they are "Suspended" or cooling down, so I don't accidentally use "infected" information from them or something. I also keep track of the account "age" in days.
I also made sure the fields are in order so when I want to register an account, I can figure out all the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ info in the spreadsheet and then it only takes a minute to copy and paste the stuff during registration.

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/571...8768rg3.th.gif
My IP tracker is basic. The IP colors change if the IP address has become "infected" by a suspended account. And I keep track of the MAC addresses for my router so I can keep re-using the same IP's for each account. For example, jane857 will always have the IP address 55.444.222.33. I prefer keeping the IP's consistent per account, rather than getting a brand new random IP each time. I think it makes it look more believable that the account keeps logging in from the same location.

I also made these on access and linked the IP's to the Account names, but went back to using excel because it uses less system resources on the PC.

So this is what's been working for me so far. All of my new accounts are still active so it seems to be doing its job.

So what do your spreadsheets look like? Lets help each other be more efficient!

MasterChief 05-17-2008 01:01 PM

Wow!
Good Stuff!

I dont think tracking the MAC address is necessary though. (+if it was, im screwed :( )

Junkymail 05-17-2008 06:40 PM

Oh I don't track the MAC address for ebay. I need each MAC address in order to receive the exact same IP address per account. Each account I have has a specific IP address associated with it, but in order to retrieve the same IP each time, I need to know the MAC addy. I think this is a good tip for those of you who have dynamic IP's!

So sneakily enough, I think it makes it looks like each account keeps logging in from the same PC :)

GreenBean 05-17-2008 06:59 PM

Double WOW. I like color co-ordination!

MasterChief 05-17-2008 08:15 PM

Indulge this techie noob.

How do you get the same IP from a MAC address..and how do you get the same MAC address. :D

jscan 05-17-2008 11:30 PM

wow thats is great, mine is just a basic excel document, yours is pro great job

Junkymail 05-18-2008 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterChief (Post 41414)
Indulge this techie noob.

How do you get the same IP from a MAC address..and how do you get the same MAC address. :D

I have a router connected to my modem. When I edit the MAC address of the router, the ISP then assigns an IP address to associate with that MAC address until it expires.

For instance, I'll make a new account called Account2. Before I register anything I make an IP that will associate with it. So I go to my IP spreadsheet, copy one of the old MAC addresses and change a couple letters and numbers so its new and unique. When I restart the modem, a new IP is assigned! So now I use this IP for doing anything online associated with Account2.

Now when I need to go back and edit my old Account1, I change the MAC address back, restart the modem, and my old IP comes back! Keep in mind that Dynamic IP's expire anyway, so eventually a new IP might replace the old one. But whatever it changes to, it will keep using that until that one expires too! And so on.

I like being able choose specifically which IP the modem will be retrieving for me :) Less IP's to keep track of!

I'm not too good at explaining things, but I hope that makes sense! :p

MasterChief 05-18-2008 05:07 AM

Makes perfect sense, but as I said, Im Noob..

How do you choose the MAC address of the router? Something inbuilt I gotta figure out or a program from the net? I ask cause I got a router at home myself. Never knew I could use it to get a static IP.

aspkin 05-18-2008 08:18 AM

Very nice Junkymail, great information!

Junkymail 05-18-2008 09:14 AM

MasterChief - is your name based on the game Halo? If so, I loved that game lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterChief (Post 41438)
Makes perfect sense, but as I said, Im Noob..

How do you choose the MAC address of the router? Something inbuilt I gotta figure out or a program from the net? I ask cause I got a router at home myself. Never knew I could use it to get a static IP.

The program to change the settings is built into your router :) To access it, you just use your web browser. You can check your manual how to access your routers settings. But for most routers I've owned, the address has been 192.168.0.1 - Just type that where you would normally type the web address. You need to know the username and password as well if you never logged in before. check your manual for those.

So this is what my screen looks like to change the MAC address:
http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/9...3688zo0.th.gif

And with that MAC address I always get this IP
http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/6...3064xp7.th.gif

Junkymail 05-18-2008 09:16 AM

And thank you everyone for the compliments! I guess the stuff I learned in school came to use, huh? :p

2eXclusiive 05-18-2008 03:21 PM

im impressed, good job
ima copy you now =D
thank youuuu

guitarca18 07-17-2008 03:14 PM

Does anyone know if this router mac hack works for comcast??? You may have just solved the "can't change my ip issue" with comcast...Man. I can't wait to go home and try this!

philly387 07-17-2008 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guitarca18 (Post 51732)
Does anyone know if this router mac hack works for comcast??? You may have just solved the "can't change my ip issue" with comcast...Man. I can't wait to go home and try this!

I wouldn't really say it is a "hack". It is just an easy way to change from one IP to another. And yes it will work for Comcast

octagon69 07-17-2008 04:25 PM

But I could swear that Comcast doesn't work using Dynamic IPs. To receive a new IP, you normally have to get someone on their end to assign a new Ip to you.

Scorcher 07-21-2008 09:01 PM

Changing the mac address works great with comcast. Thank a bunch junkymail for the excel template.

Exeneva 07-22-2008 12:27 AM

Junkeymail, would you mind sending me one?

aking 11-10-2008 12:09 PM

How do people keep listings and sales organized with mulitple accounts? I have about 10 accounts aging and ready to sell but I am only listing on 2 at the moment. I want to list on 4 accounts with about 10 listings each, but I am afraid this will just get too confusing and time consuming. Maybe I will try to things up in excel. Just gradually start adding accounts until I get used to it.

I really feel like I need another router so I can access 2 different ip address's simultaneously.

Does anyone here currently sell on more than 4 accounts? If you could help that would be awesome. Thanks.

Here We Go Again 11-10-2008 06:23 PM

On any given week I am selling on about 4-6 different accounts.
I am running 8-10 accounts as seller accounts. I have 20+ accounts in reserve.
I use Excel to keep all the information straight.
It can get overwhelming at times for sure. You just have to go slow to keep it all straight.

aking 11-10-2008 09:03 PM

Wow, no wonder you are glossing 10,000+/month.

I assume you sell on ebay full time with this many accounts.

bound2wyn 11-13-2008 09:46 AM

I dont have any info manuel w/ my router. Would the best solution then be to spend the $$ just to buy a new one in order to make all the above advice from junkymail regarding changing mac addresses happen?

GATOCATMLWK 11-27-2008 11:05 AM

Multiple accounts around same city?

Hi,
is it a good idea to set up say 10 new ebay accounts in a period of about 1 week, all of them with addresses in the same city, say, chicago, or denver, or la, etc.?, or it would be too suspicious to ebay?

Thanks.