WePay Review - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Multiple eBay & PayPal Accounts

Multiple eBay & PayPal Accounts General discussions on multiple eBay & PayPal accounts, VMs, user accounts, shipping and more.

Old 12-02-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 69%
Default WePay Review

This is just my Opinion...

Since google checkout closed down, I have been looking for a processor to use on my website. I rode the google checkout until they basically closed down shop a few weeks ago...I reviewed them all, like everybody else did...but I dont want to pay a monthly fee...I do some volume...but not enough to warrent a monthly fee....I use Fatcow.com to host my wesbite and use a basic weebly to edit the site...I was looking for a paypal alternative and like being able to program those add to cart buttons...

I saw that Wepay had bad reviews, etc...I was real hestitant but I went ahead and tried it on a couple test items a few months ago so I would be ready for the switchover...i bought them my self...they have the same fees as paypal...so i really didnt care about losing a couple pennies to try the site...it worked..and they deposited the money into the account pretty quick...

So I took the plunge...I reprogrammed all the items for the wepay shopping cart. Another good thing they offer is coupon codes which paypay doesnt...and they have several different shipping options also...there are a few things i dont like, but they have a lot of different options to add pictures to the item...add options to the items, etc...

Once again..very worried because of the reviews and my first try is, of coarse, over black friday weekend...I had a few orders before the black friday weekend and everything worked really good...they processed the orders, i got the money really quick...so I was really hopeful...

So, I created a coupon code, blasted it to my email list...and everything worked really good...I had orders, people used the coupon code, and nobody had any issues...they already started the bank transfers, etc...

The good thing about this is that the customer doesnt need an account...you dont need to sign up for anything( like paypal or google checkout)...its just like a regular credit card order...and some of the people that complained about google checkout needing an account...came back and ordered again because you dont have to sign up for anything...

Once again...I have simple product that I am selling...but so far...so good..

Sorry for the long post...Just thought I would throw this out there..

Steve
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-02-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%
Default Re: WePay Review

I am always interested in new processors so, I decided to check this out.

I looked at negative reviews for this company as well as their BBB rating.

Their BBB Rating is "A" which is great.

So, I looked at what the negative reviews were all about.

What I found was, the negatives boiled down to 2 issues. The first is where a user signs up for their service and immediately starts running thousands of dollars through the account in large chunks. They become upset when any type of a hold is placed on their funds. But the fact is, ANY payment processor willing to do business with the general public will have to take some steps to protect against fraud, or they will be out of business in no time at all. If you are selling products or services where your average ticket is $1,000+ then a better solution for you would be an actual merchant account.

The second group of complaints involved chargebacks. What users don't understand is that it is not WePay that decides whether or not to honor a chargeback, it is the buyer's bank that has the final say in the matter.

Unfortunately, when someone posts a bad review of a company online, we are often left with questions that will never be answered. Such as, WHAT was the product or service being sold? It really DOES matter. If someone was having payments held because they were selling $6 bottles of catnip, that would be more concerning than if payments were being held because the person was selling box sets of DVD's for cheap (likely counterfeits) or herbal marijuana alternatives (where governments are battling the industry). My guess is that if you look at what the people complaining are selling, you will find some patterns.

Of course, no service is perfect. But I would take bad reviews with a grain of salt, so to speak, and look for any underlying reasons for the payment processor to be cautious. When they start mentioning their client paid them $1,800 it sheds more light on the subject.
Old 12-02-2013
Threadstarter  

All really good points above...thanks for reading the long post...

just a follow up...i had a few sales this past Saturday and they were deposited it into my account today...thats a 2 day turnaround during the weekend...thats pretty good for me...

Steve
Old 12-02-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

@mrbills10, what kind of id forms were you asked to provide?
Old 12-02-2013
Threadstarter  

Nothing that i can remember...they send you that confirmation link after signing up...I added my tax id number...i linked it to a bank..the usually name, address, email, phone...after I signed up...one of their people did call the number that was on file...they asked what i was selling...he looked at my website(probably to see if i was legit which I am)...we went over creating the shopping buttons, which is the same as paypal...but a little better because it just doest have to say add to cart...you can actually personalize the button...which is neat..

I played around for about 2-3 months with the programming knowing I had some time before google closed...as soon as I got that notice from google...i started researching...

As the person said before me...my tests were like 10 bucks or something really small...and most of my products are in that 5-50 range...i have a few higher..but those dont get purchased regularly...