eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Multiple eBay & PayPal Accounts (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/multiple-ebay-paypal-accounts/)
-   -   A tip for managing that has helped me (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/multiple-ebay-paypal-accounts/9361-tip-managing-has-helped-me.html)

fizztastique 02-01-2009 02:13 PM

A tip for managing that has helped me

Hi all

Pretty much brand new here and am managing 3 separate accounts selling 3 different types of merchandise. I use a different windows user ID for each account and just switch out routers on my high speed net to change the ip for each because I hate dial up. Here are a couple of things I did to help me keep organized because that is one thing I am not. I don't know if this will help anyone or not, hope so!

EBAY User ID #1. #2, and #3
Windows Users #1, #2, and #3: Andy, Candy and Sandy
Desktop Wallpaper- I make a separate wallpaper for each windows user id that has all the important information right in the middle of the screen so I always know which User ID I'm in and have all the information handy, at my fingertips and in my face.
Routers #1, #2, and #3
All separately labeled with all important information like EBAY User ID, EBAY Password, Paypal User ID, Paypal Password, and IP address so I can't screw up when switching them out.
Firefox
For each User ID, I install this firefox add on:

external IP 0.9.9.4

right from the firefox add ons site. It will show you in the status bar what IP you are showing to the rest of the world. I also check ipburger.com once in a while to be on the super safe side, but have never had a discrepancy.

I sign up for separate gmail, auctiva, photobucket accounts and set firefox to remember all the passwords so whether I log into Windows User ID 1, 2, or 3, all passwords are remembered for all sites and there is no juggling at all but I always have the information in my face on the desktop to keep me in the right mindset and organized to be safe.

A note on switching the routers out.
Check each router first when you plug it in to see what IP you will get with each one and label the router with all important information. Obviously don't visit ebay during this test :) To be ultra safe, perhaps check the ip with the browser you don't use to log into ebay (should be ie or safari)

1. I go to Start--->Run then type in cmd and when I'm in the dos screen, I type in ipconfig /release and then hit enter
2. I hit restart on the computer (I don't hit change user id yet as I want to click the appropriate user id manually after everything is set)
3. I unplug power to the modem
4. I unplug power to Router #1 and plug it into Router #2
5. I unplug the incoming cable from the modem and plug it into Router #2
6. I unplug the outgoing cable from Router #1 and plug it into the outgoing port on Router #2
7. I plug power back into the modem and hit the reset button. In about a minute, the ip is changed to the IP that is labeled on the top of the router.
8. I choose the user ID that matches the label on the modem and I'm ready to go! No confusion, no fuss. It's actually not as complicated as some may think, when you're changing the wiring around, it's no big deal.

This works well if you hate dial up and have $150 bucks or so to pop for a couple more routers. I sell only stuff that is legit but I prefer the security of having multiple accounts. I've heard so many horror stories of people losing their livelihood that is scares the crap outta me. Better safe than sorry!

If anyone has something to add, or suggestions to make this better, please chime in!

fizz

NO ID 02-04-2009 12:23 PM

You've got it all figured out - Great post! - we all have different ways to keep safe, but if it keeps you out of trouble then keep it up!! - All I do is change my ip and clean my cookies out.:( - :D

coolandcalm 02-11-2009 10:17 PM

This method also works on cable internet, i am running 10 accounts using this method, works fine. I dont use screen savers, i have index cards as ebayhateluv did, i simply flip to the account i want to work on and keep it front of me so i know which account i need to login to.

aspkin 02-12-2009 04:02 PM

Very nice, I missed this thread before.

I do the same thing but I use my iPhone for a new IP and use notepad for account details. It works well.

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/atta...on-notepad.png

aking 02-20-2009 12:46 AM

aspkins, you use your iphone for a new ip? how so?

SevnSins 02-20-2009 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aking (Post 76375)
aspkins, you use your iphone for a new ip? how so?

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/everyth...n-iphones.html

Aspkin is referring to tethering his iPhone. You must have a jailbroken iPhone to do it. I do the same thing with my G1 (google phone). The link above is a thread here on jailbroken phones. Check it out for more details.

aking 02-22-2009 07:06 PM

tethering his Iphone, what does that mean?

Snagga 02-22-2009 07:17 PM

uses the internet on your phone and go online with computer. connects via bluetooth or usb. then just use different windows users

bmovers 02-23-2009 08:38 PM

If I log in to separate windows user account for each ebay account, and I make sure I use a separate IP address for each account, does that mean that I do not need to worry about clearing my browser cookies or flash cookies at all?

aspkin 02-23-2009 08:44 PM

Correct. :)

That's one of the benefits of using 'user accounts' on your computer.

estebanwt 02-26-2009 08:51 PM

Hello Aspkin and All

Are you saying that if I have internet through 3G (I am looking at Cricket Cellular) that I would get a new IP address each time I signed on? Is that like having AOL dialup?

THANKS

aspkin 02-26-2009 10:43 PM

Well for an iPhone yes I've been getting a new IP address each time I connect to it.. I only have a few ip ranges though.. so my IP is in the same general location which is good. It's been working fine for the past couple months.

I don't use it full time though, I can easily switch my ip address with swapping out my router, I just use it when I need to connect to an account and do something real fast.

GreenBean 02-26-2009 11:13 PM

^^^^ Think of possible reception troubles though. Check that there is a strong signal for that. Would be very very hard to list etc if it's bad.:sweat:

aking 02-26-2009 11:21 PM

I need to jailbreak mine soon. Theres a new iphone coming out in june aspkins, you probably already knew that tho.

newguy121 03-01-2009 08:43 PM

Thanks fro the tip fizz.

coolandcalm 03-01-2009 11:36 PM

Another tip for managing 10+ accounts is to have an excel spreadsheet. My spreadsheet keeps all the accounts separate with sales under each account, when item was shipped, date they paid, etc. I remove a buyer once they have left positive feedback.

aspkin 03-03-2009 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 77259)
^^^^ Think of possible reception troubles though. Check that there is a strong signal for that. Would be very very hard to list etc if it's bad.:sweat:

I only have a problem with PayPal sometimes loading... other then that it's pretty fast.

aspkin 03-03-2009 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aking (Post 77260)
I need to jailbreak mine soon. Theres a new iphone coming out in june aspkins, you probably already knew that tho.

I knew of it, do you have any details on it?

ebaykilla 03-03-2009 12:25 AM

Changing MAC address on that router makes life so easy as well....Instant results without swapping routers!

siashay 03-03-2009 08:43 AM

I use index cards with all info ip/name/email/passwords/dob/address. I write down everything security questions mother's maiden name. EVERYTHING. Then I put a colored sticker on the top. If there is a cellphone associated with that account I put the same color sticker on that account and name my user id's as that color. purple/ pink/red/ ( I am working with five different computers at the moment)

Then I have my "test accounts" test 1 2 3 4
When I find a question here o that hasn't been answered or tested I use on of these accounts to do so. If they last then good they are just sitting back and aging.

I always always recommend having a back up(s) accounts aging while you use your main account. Trust me a year old account with no feedback is stronger then a 1 week old account with no feedback.

coolandcalm 03-06-2009 01:02 AM

Good info siashay, i always have 10 back up accounts ready to go, when one current active one goes down for any reason, i simply pull 1 backup to replace it and make a new account to replace the backup.

SteveO 03-31-2009 07:49 PM

Firefox Portable

I've been experimenting with Firefox Portable. It's an alternative to having a bunch of Windows Profiles. It's designed to be a stand alone browser. It keeps your cookies separated, but you have to disable flash when you install it. Works pretty good so far, I use MyIP as my home page so I can be sure to remember I'm using the right IP. I basically unzip it launch Firefox turn off flash and change the homepage, close it, then make a bunch of copies. FirefoxPortableA, FirefoxPortableB, etc...

I might get a TCNISO modded Cable MoDem so I don't have to keep unpluging it to get change MACs.