VMware on Cloud Server Possible? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Multiple eBay & PayPal Accounts

Multiple eBay & PayPal Accounts General discussions on multiple eBay & PayPal accounts, VMs, user accounts, shipping and more.

Old 07-14-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 52%
Default VMware on Cloud Server Possible?

Hi everyone,

So far I had multiple Windows user accounts setup but I want to step up and go for VMware set up. So this will be a beginner question;

Is it possible to install Vmware on a cloud server with a windows, VPN and firefox in it which would allow me to manage all my stealth accounts from any place and any computer in the world?

Or I have to install Vmware on my laptop?

Thanks in advance for your contributions.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-14-2016

Longevity: 65%
Default Re: VMware on Cloud Server Possible?

It would be safer/wiser to have your dedicated laptop on yourself. You can setup vmware + fresh Ips on 1 laptop and access your shops anywhere around the world.

Personally I wouldn't leave any of my information on a cloud
The Following User Says Thank You to elmo For This Useful Post:
eduardwick (07-14-2016)
Old 07-14-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 49%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Yes, you could easily run your VM's from the cloud but you would not need to install VMware on a server, unless you are virtualizing the entire server.

You would just install VMware on your laptop and store your .VMX files on the cloud. To do this and have your VM's run smoothly you would need a very fast internet connection.

Personally I have triple backups of all my VM's. One on an external HDD, one on a flash drive, and one on leased server storage space. If you're going to do this I don't recommend trying to boot your VM's from the cloud by default. It would be very resource intensive for your network. I recommend booting from something local (laptop, external HDD with USB 3.0) and keeping them stored on the cloud as a backup. That way you would have them stored on the cloud if you ever needed access away from home, but you wouldn't have to boot over network every time you log on.

Do you know what I mean?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
eduardwick (07-14-2016), Othmane (08-15-2016)
Old 07-14-2016
Threadstarter  

Phaz0rz thanks for detailed advice. I guess I should try it to make all of these make sense for me

Lets say for 30 accounts what type HDD or flash would be ok? Also booting in from flash is smthing worse than booting in from HDD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
Yes, you could easily run your VM's from the cloud but you would not need to install VMware on a server, unless you are virtualizing the entire server.

You would just install VMware on your laptop and store your .VMX files on the cloud. To do this and have your VM's run smoothly you would need a very fast internet connection.

Personally I have triple backups of all my VM's. One on an external HDD, one on a flash drive, and one on leased server storage space. If you're going to do this I don't recommend trying to boot your VM's from the cloud by default. It would be very resource intensive for your network. I recommend booting from something local (laptop, external HDD with USB 3.0) and keeping them stored on the cloud as a backup. That way you would have them stored on the cloud if you ever needed access away from home, but you wouldn't have to boot over network every time you log on.

Do you know what I mean?
Old 07-14-2016
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

All of my VM's are 10gb. You could make yours smaller if you wanted but if yours were 10gb also, you would need at least 300gb of storage. So you would have to spread your accounts over a few flash drives, or you could use one external hard drive. I recommend a solid-state USB 3.0 compatible external hard drive if you're going to boot from the external hard drive. Or you could just boot from your laptop hard drive, and store backups on the external hard drive.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
eduardwick (07-15-2016)
Old 07-15-2016
Threadstarter  

10 gb seems serious though. I thought VMs are smthing much less than this. In that case definitely HDD drive is better.
Old 07-15-2016

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

By the way, if your planning to run the VMs directly off of an external HDD, make sure the read/write speeds are good. I got stung recently not thinking about those speeds and the VMs were extremly sluggish.

I bought an SSD to try it out on soon.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Play For This Useful Post:
eduardwick (07-16-2016), Haidukken (07-15-2016)
Old 07-15-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardwick View Post
10 gb seems serious though. I thought VMs are smthing much less than this. In that case definitely HDD drive is better.
A VM is a virtual machine, meaning it's an entire computer virtualized into a small file on your computer.

I could make mine smaller, really. I use Windows XP on all of mine and I store absolutely nothing (except maybe a few text documents) on each one, so I don't think any of them are any larger than 2 gigs. I have a 1TB SSD so I'm not to concerned about running out of space.

I agree with play 100%. It would have to be a USB 3.0 SSD if you chose to boot from an external hard drive. You would quickly pull out all of your hair if you attempted to boot VM's from a USB 2.0 external disk HDD.

Good luck pal!
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
eduardwick (07-16-2016)
Old 07-15-2016

Longevity: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardwick View Post
Is it possible to install Vmware on a cloud server with a windows, VPN and firefox in it which would allow me to manage all my stealth accounts from any place and any computer in the world?.
I have VMware Fusion on the comps i use, you can load them to a server and access them from anywhere/any computer....you can also (as mentioned above) save to a usb drive and boot from there, but with a 10gig virtual drive (way overkill for how much you need for a stealth account) it will take awhile to boot.....check out vm fusion tho seems to be what youre looking for
Old 07-15-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowclothingco View Post
I have VMware Fusion on the comps i use, you can load them to a server and access them from anywhere/any computer....you can also (as mentioned above) save to a usb drive and boot from there, but with a 10gig virtual drive (way overkill for how much you need for a stealth account) it will take awhile to boot.....check out vm fusion tho seems to be what youre looking for
VMware Fusion is the Mac version of VMware Workstation. Both programs are exactly the same.
Old 08-12-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
A VM is a virtual machine, meaning it's an entire computer virtualized into a small file on your computer.

I could make mine smaller, really. I use Windows XP on all of mine and I store absolutely nothing (except maybe a few text documents) on each one, so I don't think any of them are any larger than 2 gigs. I have a 1TB SSD so I'm not to concerned about running out of space.

I agree with play 100%. It would have to be a USB 3.0 SSD if you chose to boot from an external hard drive. You would quickly pull out all of your hair if you attempted to boot VM's from a USB 2.0 external disk HDD.

Good luck pal!
I agree - I use XP + VM Workstation - XP because getting rid of Flash completely is a breeze + the lower system req's.

I use a 1tb Samsung EVO Pro on USB 3.0, it's night and day from an HDD, highly recommend.

Also it doesn't really matter what size HDD you choose in Workstation if you choose "Split drive into multiple disks" on creation. It will be only as large as what you're currently using so that's a plus as well.

I also use FraudFox which will spoof everything even your canvas fingerprint which is a PITA. If you have the money for it, it's well worth it.
Old 08-12-2016

A fast SSD is a must for virtualization. The speed difference between my Samsung 850 EVO SSD and my HDD is night and day.
Old 08-15-2016

Why would you need VMware for Ebay/Paypal when you have portable broswers?
Old 08-15-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliveUK View Post
Why would you need VMware for Ebay/Paypal when you have portable broswers?
To manage multiple accounts at the same time is one of the reasons
Old 08-16-2016

Longevity: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tingv001 View Post
I agree - I use XP + VM Workstation - XP because getting rid of Flash completely is a breeze + the lower system req's.

I use a 1tb Samsung EVO Pro on USB 3.0, it's night and day from an HDD, highly recommend.

Also it doesn't really matter what size HDD you choose in Workstation if you choose "Split drive into multiple disks" on creation. It will be only as large as what you're currently using so that's a plus as well.

I also use FraudFox which will spoof everything even your canvas fingerprint which is a PITA. If you have the money for it, it's well worth it.

Hey where did you buy fraudfox from?
Old 09-08-2016

Longevity: 45%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themav View Post
Hey where did you buy fraudfox from?
What is fraudfox ?
How to get it ?

Thanks