Cost Effective Shipping & Return Shipping Label Options With Multiple Accounts - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Multiple eBay & PayPal Accounts

Multiple eBay & PayPal Accounts General discussions on multiple eBay & PayPal accounts, VMs, user accounts, shipping and more.

Old 07-14-2016

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 44%
Default Cost Effective Shipping & Return Shipping Label Options With Multiple Accounts

I've found some pretty good information on the topic, but after days of searching here and google I still have some unanswered questions.

First: Shipping using a inaccessible eBay address to save $ while paying for shipping with PayPal off eb so cash can be used for other purposes.

What I'm thinking is if I download a pdf of the shipping label off eBay or printing and scanning it I could change the return address, since zip is the same or equivalent in shipping price, with a pdf editor.

Second: Supplying return labels with one address for all stealth accounts:

If I needed to send a return label to my buyer, am I correct that I can do this with stamps.com using the return address I want and sending it to the email off their paypal account info? I'm guessing the return addresses needs to NOT be attached to any eb or pp accounts as to not link accounts for perfectly executed stealth.

The preferred method would be to supply a return shipping label in the package but I have not been able to find a cost effective method to do this paying for original shipping using PP off EB as I only ship at most 50 packages a month and make around 12-15 hundred $ net. From what I can tell by my research each return label from shipstation using USPS lables costs 25cents even if it is not used plus the $25 a month for shipstation service. I work on a chromebook and can not use endicia although I know you use this service through shipstation. Not even sure if this can be done with original shipping label coming from EB.

If some members would please give us the most cost effective methods they've found to supply return shipping labels with packages, or by email, and what the pros and cons are and cost is, it would be helpful.

Keep in mind original shipping needs to be paid with PP.

It seems buyers love to claim not authentic or not as described to avoid return shipping charges causing manual reviews by eb shorting the life of the account.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-14-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,282 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 60%
Default Re: Cost Effective Shipping & Return Shipping Label Options With Multiple Accounts

USPS does not use the typed addresses for delivery these days. It is all in the barcode.....

Just buy a shipping label off of stamps or endicia or even USPS.com and email it to your customer.
Old 07-14-2016
Executive [VIP]

Default Re: Cost Effective Shipping & Return Shipping Label Options With Multiple Accounts

or do the smartest thing and get a PO box for your returns and add it for your return address on ebay and do nothing at all.
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
Haidukken (07-20-2016)
Old 07-14-2016

Longevity: 47%

Good suggestions by Yankee. I agree.
Old 07-20-2016
Threadstarter  

Seems the only thing making this complicated is trying to pay for original shipping with paypal...

From my understanding you cant add the same po box for returns on multiple eBay accounts with out linking. And it wouldnt be cost effective to have 5-10 po boxes for returns...

Shipstation rep said that if I link my eBay "Stores" (wondering if this includes personal ebay accounts?) to shipstation, I can pay for shipping to the buyer using eBay, paying with PayPal, then If I get a return I would need to update that "Store" in shipstation so the order will be marked as shipped. Then I can buy a return label to email to the buyers paypal email address with the correct return address using Stamps.com through shipstation. From my understanding the label would be good for 7 days.

I tried the USPS click-n-ship method which excepts PayPal as payment. It can be done but the buyer has to mail the return with in 48hrs (according to the usps rep i talked to) (24hrs according to the website) of the date I choose for the shipping date on the label (they give you 5 days to choose from, the day you buy the label and the following 4 days). If the buyer misses the date, the label expires. Then the buyer would have to ask the USPS worker to do a "Zero Meter" at the counter when dropping the package off and the label will be good again. But that seems too complicated for a buyer doing a return. (they will probably get pissed and scumbag me)

#1. it seems the only viable way is to have one po box for all 5-10 stealth accounts that is NOT connected to ebay or pp in any way.

#2. people say they put a label or sticker with their real PO box return address over the stealth address on the original label from ebay going to the buyer. If you can do that, why wouldn't you be able to change it with a pdf editor and make it look clean? That way the buyer wouldn't think twice. So why cant I do that, or am I missing something? Would the barcode have both the send to address and my stealth return address? If that's the case then the two option are either take your chances with loosing the package if it some how it doesn't make it to the buyer and gets returned. Or pay for all shipping with bank account money. (Not what I really want to do...)

#3. Buy return label from Stamps.com using shipstation because I work on a chromebook and cant use Stamps.com directly. Using my 1 PO box for the address to return to which would match the return address I edited on the original label.

I've spent about 16hrs a day, 3 days in a row, researching this. It seems so many here have it figured out paying for original shipping through ebay. But their comments are missing details. I dont want to set up accounts and then have to change addresses later. I want a finalized plan I can stick to.
Old 07-20-2016
Executive [VIP]

If you spent close to 50 hours trying to figure this out, you have wasted massive amounts of your life.

Print a label on shipstation and email it to your buyer in PDF. IT IS AN OPTION TO DOWNLOAD IT IN PDF when you print it. What is so confusing about that?

No being rude, but what could you have possibly researched for 50 hours?

I would have refunded a buyer before wasting 50 hours on this.

How many returns are you getting per account a year?
Old 07-20-2016

Longevity: 62%

You only have 2 real options. Don't use 3rd party for shipping. Either use stamps.com get a windows machine or either stand in line and pay cash or use the self serve kiosk. Those are your only options to control the return address. Like Yankee said you can't tape over or edit the label doesn't matter it's in the barcode.
Old 07-20-2016
Threadstarter  

I just found the thread where everyone was talking about not being able to tape over the return label and they were giving their experiences with it going back to the stealth address anyway because of the barcode. So that's a dead issue. WILL NOT WORK....

Yankee.
Thank you for responding to my question. I see you have answered this question a lot of times to a lot of different people. I wasn't getting what you meant by adding a return PO to eBay but I do after reading for a few more hours. You were saying to keep the stealth address as your primary address, then if all goes good with the account, add a rented PO box or UPS store address just for returns under ebay's option to list a return address. The primary address would stay the same. I didn't realize you could do that. eBay has SO many options I might only know 5-10% of them.

I sell shoes so I get a lot of scammers and competitors giving me a hard time and a lot of returns. I ****ed up and listed too many and competitors did my account in. I started with three accounts and only have 1 still active which will be linked when a manual review happens i only read here for a few days the first time. Now I'm only list 3 pairs at a time. While I get 5 more accounts going but time is money and I want to make sure I start this out right. I OCD and am a perfectionist. And I ****ed up last time.

The only way I found to pay for shipping outside of ebay with PayPal is to use USPS click-n-ship or UPS.com

I guess my best option is to add savings accounts to all 5 of the accounts I'm making and use shipstation for all shipping paying with bank account money. That way I can use one UPS store box for all my returns and not have to worry about the stealth addresses.

Since I sell shoes I don't expect my account to last too long. I have a not so common last name and didn't want to burn out all my nick names with bank accounts. I was hoping to have 2 or 3 of the new accounts just to buy giftcards and shop on ebay sending to gift addresses with only a VBA and VCC attached to the account.

Thats why I was so dead set on not spending bank account money on shipping. at least not shipping to the buyer. Return shipping I could come out of pocket for if I had to.

USPS click-n-ship would be perfect for return labels bought with paypal money if they lasted longer than 24-48 hour after the date I would choose for the label to be good for. If they lasted 7 days like stamps.com it'd be perfect.
Old 07-31-2016
Threadstarter  

I think it was a EPIC FAIL... I got the accounts set up and sold my first item. Like I said I wanted to pay from the paypal balance and not with my bank account money for shipping. I have a pre-paid gift card with a zero balance and a VBA hooked up to the paypal account.

When I went to print the first label there was no option to pay with paypal when funds become available. Only the option to set up payment with paypal account. I was hoping it would give me the option when i set up the connection with paypal but instead it looks like it's trying to take the money from the VBA.

***Absolutely no option to pay for the first label with paypal balance when it becomes available.

The only way I see to avoid this is to leave the $20 on the gift card and hope they pull the money from there before the bank account or to get the shipping label somewhere else with bank account money.

Looks like I have to answer my own question learning the hard way.

Hope this saves someone else. I just wasted a few weeks, $40's of bank account money and a $20 item.
Old 07-31-2016
Executive [VIP]

Your issue is the 21 day holds?