Is it possible to have a major auction site that doesn't suspend people right & left? - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions

General Platform Discussions Discuss other platforms (marketplace accounts, payment gateways, ad accounts, social accounts and more). In other words, if it's about another platform and it doesn't fit anywhere else, it goes here.

Old 07-03-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 89%
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebay View Post
if any auction site is going to ever become as big as ebay they will treat there sellers like S***
it's just the way it is they use us to grow so we have to find a way to exploit them
dude that's not true . . . GOOGLE IS THE NUMBER ONE SITE ON THE WEB AND THEY DO NOT EXPLOIT PEOPLE!!!

You have to know who you are dealing with and the fact is that "EBAY" AKA‎ - eBay Inc. (NASDAQ)‎ is owned by 100% corporate investors and the dude that started it has nothing to do with the company anymore he sold most of it in 1998 and today control absolutely nothing about ebay at all

esty.com on the other hand was started by an artist couple from brookyln who still run and maintain the site very well if I might add - they even hold art events in new york for the members and publish the video online - they too like Google do not exploit the users of the site!

The thing is ebay isn't controlled by its founders, isn't controlled by passionate people, its controlled by GREED and just like they stock on the (NASDAQ)‎ ebay too will be failing down soon too

Its just takes enough of us to get together for the common good
The Following User Says Thank You to eseller For This Useful Post:
dee (11-26-2009)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-03-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

Google has auctions?!?
Old 07-03-2009

google has base a network where any seller with a website can submit their products for free including ebay (and including ebanza! :D) and google has google checkout
Old 07-03-2009

even when Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more holds your funds or freezes your account they don't wait 180 days to release your money like paypal does . . . that is a gross abuse of power!

all I am saying is that it doesn't have to be this way their are some people who manage website progressively with people in mind and not only profits
Old 07-03-2009

Longevity: 91%

google isn't no saint take a look at youtube
they suspend accounts for no reason

and after 1998 ebay was still reasonable it was just until 2-3 years the they have started to go over the top.

the reason is in the past they needed us now we need them
The Following User Says Thank You to ebay For This Useful Post:
dee (11-26-2009)
Old 07-03-2009
Vicvelcro

Google Base is not auction. Also, they are just as bad as ebay about pulling your submission. I have my own copyright protected software on my own physical device trademarked in my company name. I am the exclusive grantor of any and all rights to the product. Me. Nobody else. I list it with them. They tell me days later that I am not an authorized seller of that product. I send them all the documents which state clearly that I am the author, creator, the owner of the copyright, the registrant of the trademark, the sole shareholder of the company, I am the only source. I manufacture them directly, I don't hire some factory to run them for me, I'm the big cheese, numero uno hombre... I provide the documents for which companies I have granted rights under contract to and when those licenses expire. Google misinterprets that all as indicating the licensees won't allow me authorization. Um, what?!?

In addition, the Base listings aren't consistent. They vanish and reappear at random and for unguessable durations. I don't mean the public viewability. I mean from within your own control panel.

Google Checkout - I set up my account there. All valid info. The real me. Approved, no prob. Put all the info in a folder and stashed it away. I have never ever made or attempted a single transaction with it. Got an email a little while back saying they suspended it forever due to what 'appeared' to be attempted fraudulent transactions. Thing is, I hadn't used the merchant id anywhere. Ever. No email notices ever came in prior to that which might indicate that somebody had obtained my info and attempted to receive money. (don't see how that would work anyhow).

Their automated email system cannot be reasoned with nor circumvented.

I know it's minor and a petty concern, but Google Base looks worse (in my opinion) than even Craig's List.

I think Google is best kept to information, and don't let them anywhere near a dime.
Old 07-04-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebay View Post
google isn't no saint take a look at youtube
they suspend accounts for no reason

and after 1998 ebay was still reasonable it was just until 2-3 years the they have started to go over the top.

the reason is in the past they needed us now we need them
They have to protect other people's copy right - They suspend your youtube account only after the copy right owner reports that you are uploading their content aka music, movies, TV shows (and the copy right owner has the right to decide whether they would like to pull the videos down or just add the copyright name and link next to the song - seems pretty fair to me) and while you and me may not like this personally - you have to understand it is a business at the end of the day and if you don't run it like a business you will get sued like "pirate bay" did

Pirate bay was a movie sharing site that people could search for and download movies for free before they hit the theaters - They laughed at copy right owners and refused to remove their content for the site and got sued for like 3 billion I believe and they lost rights to their site!

Anyway nobody said Google was a saint - they are a business BUT they don't EXPLOIT their users like eBay and pay pal do - And that was my point - you said any site that gets BIG is automatically going to start exploiting people and that just isn't true - Honestly I think eBay is the biggest website to every exploit people and get away with it - Most websites are constantly trying to be innovative and do new think so they can stay on top - aka facebook twitter google even yahoo and I know you guys are gonna say well those aren't "auction site's" but they fact is all those site have way more traffic and way more members than ebay and they aren't exploiting them

Last edited by eseller; 07-04-2009 at 09:52 AM.
Old 07-04-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicvelcro View Post
Google Base is not auction. Also, they are just as bad as ebay about pulling your submission.
Ok well I didn't say gbase was an auction site but it is FREE e-COMMERCE and they do pull submissions for many reasons but they don't restrict you from adding your content to the site - they don't hold your money if you used Google checkout you would know the money is sent directly into your bank account automatically within 2-3 days of payment - and my main point was that they DON'T EXPLOIT PEOPLE

pulling your submissions from Google base usually happens when you don't enter in enough information about the product aka "Condition" NEW OR USED . . . regardless pulling your submissions from Google base and holding your money for 180 days are not the same thing - One is genuine "Quality Control"
and they other is abuse of power and exploitation
Old 07-05-2009
Vicvelcro

Post #22 specifically said 'auctions'. Things went off track afterward.

Google Base and Google Checkout leave much to be desired. My own direct experience with Google Base has been outlined. I had legal and marketing review prior to me making my submission. Google dropped the ball. It works for some, and not for others. Just like ebay/pp, Google is not consistent and they are above any attempt at reproach.

I know my experience and I know the circumstances as well as the environment surrounding. I also know what I found from my subsequent research. I had every intention of 'getting down' on some of that Google Base action. I changed my mind very quickly. The concept is great, but in practice, it is very much a joke (not the funny kind, the rinky-dink kind).

My legal advisor, my marketing consultant, and my publisher agree with my assessments.

Anyone considering the option of Google Base, give it a shot. If it flies, good for you. I put my 5 cents (due to inflation) forth, to demonstrate the not so shiny side. It ain't all rum and peaches over there.

But then, as my friend up above pointed out, it ain't as bad in some ways as ebay and paypal.

Last edited by Vicvelcro; 07-05-2009 at 01:34 AM.
Old 07-10-2009

Longevity: 88%

Anyone here sell on buy.com? If so, how were sales there? Is buy.com owned by either ebay or amazon?

Thanks.