Create BArnes & Noble account using ebay stealth techniques? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions

General Platform Discussions Discuss other platforms (marketplace accounts, payment gateways, ad accounts, social accounts and more). In other words, if it's about another platform and it doesn't fit anywhere else, it goes here.

Old 02-12-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 59%
Default Create BArnes & Noble account using ebay stealth techniques?

Friends,

I sell on various marketplaces including Ebay, Amazon, Barnes & Noble etc. BN suspended my account couple of months back and I have tried unsuccessfully to convince them to reopen it.

I am new to this forum and have just glanced through the posts ? Can I use eBay Stealth to open a new BN account ?

BN requires tax info. (either SS or EIN) which they verify with IRS besides a bank account and CC.

Please suggest if opening a new seller account with BN is possible ? I actually had my brother apply for a BN seller account. He gave his own bank account, CC, social security no. etc. But we live together so he gave the same address as I had with BN. I did not expect it but BN closed his account. Isn't he a different individual than me even if we live at the same address ?

Anyhow, what are my options now ? I would like to open a new BN account ASAP.

I also wanted to let everyone know that since Barnes and Noble does a direct deposit of the payments to the bank account, giving the bank account (account # and routing) is mandatory without which I cannot get paid.

Thanks.

Last edited by GreenBean; 02-13-2014 at 06:13 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-12-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%
Default Re: New Barnes and Noble account ? Can I use Ebay Stealth ?

When you applied for your BN account, which did you use...a SSN or EIN?

ASAP isn't always the best, need to learn as much as you can before moving forward.
Old 02-12-2014
Threadstarter  

I had two BN accounts: one for selling books and one for non books. These two were opened with permission from BN. I operated these two accounts almost for two years. Then due to a policy violation in my books account they closed it. And together with it they also closed my non-books account.

Since I had used my SS for opening the books account, BN had suggested that I use an EIN to open the 2nd account. Thus I have used both my SS and EIN to open the two accounts. Although both of them were linked to the same bank account.

All of the above was done with BN's permission.

Please suggest the next course of action.

Thanks.
Old 02-13-2014
Executive [VIP]

Well you might want to take BN advice and use an EIN to open a new account.
Old 02-13-2014

Longevity: 90%

what was the reason for bn to close your accounts?
Old 02-13-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody999 View Post
what was the reason for bn to close your accounts?
This is why.
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfdude View Post
Then due to a policy violation in my books account they closed it. And together with it they also closed my non-books account.
Old 02-13-2014
Threadstarter  

I can open a new account using a new EIN. But how will that solve the issue of the bank account ? I need to give BN my bank account. Even if I use my EIN to open a business account, don't I still have to give the person's name (my name) for the bank account ?

Thanks.
Old 02-13-2014

Longevity: 67%

Does BN make you enter ssn and other details on account creation or is it like amazon where when you exceed a certain threshhold they make yo fill the irs tax form
Old 02-13-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

My approach would have an upfront cost, but I would open a new LLC with new address(stealth style) new number, bank account, etc...(less than a couple hundred dollars
).Literally a 100% new entity and follow all stealth rules for non linking to other and/or old accounts.
This makes everything 100% legit as well, so eliminates all guilty conscious minds that many people get with stealth accounts and mismatched names and whatnot.
Old 02-13-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%
Default Re: Create BArnes & Noble account using ebay stealth techniques?

It is going to be hard for the forum to help if you do not give riight info.

If you are in INDIA, how do you access the internet to use these sites?

Not up to the forum to advise on bank accounts for non US citizens or EINs

All you could have said is

I am from India. I want to try to make another BN account. My last one got suspended.

Old 02-13-2014
Threadstarter  

Folks,

I did not mention I am operating the accounts from India because:

1) That was not the reason BN suspended my account.
2) I have not had any issues operating the accounts or websites from India. I travel between US and India frequently and I have been loging to my accounts from both countries for the last two years.

Here is my complete history:

I am a US citizen currently living in India. Since September 2011 I have been selling on these marketplaces:

1) Amazon
2) Ebay, half.com
3) Barnes and Noble

I had never any issue operating my accounts or accessing any sites from India. I have my brother in US who takes care of shipping etc.

The reason BN suspended my account is as follows: A customer had ordered a book which I did not have with me. In my desire to fulfill the order, I had the book shipped from Amazon directly to the customer. Customer went to BN and told them that book has come from Amazon and right away they closed both my accounts. I learnt this lesson the hard way.

I have a legitimate bank account, SS and even an LLC in USA. My work assignment is currently in India so I will be here till 2015.

BN asks for the SS or EIN when you reach the $20k threshold limit. But I reach those selling limits within couple of months, so it does not greatly help me to not give EIN.

Also lets say I try to open a new bank account with an EIN. But don't banks ask for some kind of address proof if I am giving a new address ? Also in BN, when you give the bank account info. can you just give the LLC name as the bank account holder's name ?

Please advice.

Thanks.

Last edited by golfdude; 02-13-2014 at 11:24 PM.
Old 02-14-2014

Longevity: 67%

i think you cant really give them the same banking details again.youll need a new bank account as well otherwise it'll link you to the old account

the threshhold limit for 20k would have still persisted if you had the original account right.so is the issue getting back to selling on BN or is it the threshold because getting a new account can be done through the stealth guide .while the threshold for tax purposes is something thats on amazon as well as ebay
Old 02-14-2014
Threadstarter  

With or without the threshold, the issue of the bank account still remains ? I am trying to find out whether with an LLC (with an EIN), can I open an bank account just under the LLC's name and do not need to give my personal name under the bank account info. in BN ? If that works then I can go to the next step which is giving a new EIN with a new address to BN.

Thanks a lot.

Last edited by GreenBean; 02-14-2014 at 12:54 AM.
Old 02-14-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
With or without the threshold, the issue of the bank account still remains ? I am trying to find out whether with an LLC (with an EIN), can I open an bank account just under the LLC's name and do not need to give my personal name under the bank account info. in BN ? If that works then I can go to the next step which is giving a new EIN with a new address to BN.

Thanks a lot.
Yes and No.
The LLC or corp, etc... Has it own name and Entity and will by all means be an entirely new entity in every possible way. But you will still need your SS on the signature card at the bank. Every authorized user will. It will NOT be seen by BN, Amazon, ebay, etc..
Old 02-14-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
Yes and No.
The LLC or corp, etc... Has it own name and Entity and will by all means be an entirely new entity in every possible way. But you will still need your SS on the signature card at the bank. Every authorized user will. It will NOT be seen by BN, Amazon, ebay, etc..
Thanks a lot for the info.

However, Wells Fargo with whom I spoke regarding opening a business account for an LLC told me that they need some address proof like a utility bill on the LLC's name which is not possible if I am going for a brand new address. So how do I go about opening a business account with a bank for the LLC with a new address ?

Thanks a lot.
Old 02-14-2014
Executive [VIP]

Virtual office in a business friendly state such as WY. Open your new company as a marketing company and have your local agent open your account. Amazingly Wells Fargo, one of the most conservative banks today does not need your physical presence in WY if using a virtual office. Wyoming LLC is a great company to help with this, but there is an upfront cost. If you want true privacy, WY is the only state that offers this at the moment outpacing NV by leaps and bounds.
Please note I am not offering legal or tax advice or anything like that, just stating facts along with personal experiences.

Last edited by GreenBean; 02-15-2014 at 03:50 AM.
Old 02-14-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
Very good option especially not residing in the USA. This company is fast and efficient although not the cheapest initial cost, you get very valuable service such as opening an account at Wells Fargo residing ten thousand miles away. Great state to do business in. Personally all my companies and investments in other states are owned at least partially by a WY LLC.
One thing you may want to do is NOT use a virtual offices address. Rent another nearby and have mail forwarded if needed. Virtual offices may already have other sellers accounts in them ESPECIALLY in Nevada with a cheap virtual office. You can easily explain this to ebay, but Amazon is not so tolerant(mostly they have terrible understanding at Customer Support and lack common sense and logic) It sounds like BN might be the same way.
Old 02-16-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Thanks a lot for the info.

However, Wells Fargo with whom I spoke regarding opening a business account for an LLC told me that they need some address proof like a utility bill on the LLC's name which is not possible if I am going for a brand new address. So how do I go about opening a business account with a bank for the LLC with a new address ?

Thanks a lot.
You said that you are an American citizen - use your old address...or whatever address is with your ID