eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Payment Gateways (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/payment-gateways/)
-   -   Anyone have a solution on this? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/payment-gateways/14070-anyone-have-solution.html)

Jonas 10-12-2009 04:19 PM

Anyone have a solution on this?

So when I sell on eBay I mostly do my merchant account and I take some PayPal, but my merchant account with a company called "Total Merchant Services" started out good but eventually this company became a huge scam. They added a new fee each month and they also give me a higher discount rate because I process over the internet, but they at some point back started making every single transaction the non-discount rate and then combined with their cryptic bills and their reps lying, it took me quite a while to figure out that they charged me a non-discount rate purely because everything is over the internet when I've done everything to make it qualify for the discount rate.

I've been looking for new merchant accounts but all the ones I've come across are either scams or they say they won't take anyone unless they're a huge corporation with perfect credit and no debt at all.

With all of Total Merchant Service's fees, I'm paying 15% of my gross processing to them. It was 3% when I started and now it's 15% with their new fee a month crap.

And the only reason I'd bother with a merchant account is because I need it for eBay.

BooMer 10-12-2009 04:42 PM

When I had my business open I was processing internet orders for credit cards manually through my merchant account and later found out that I pay higher rates than stated and got charged with all these surcharges that I didn't even know about or knew what they were for. I called to complain to my Merchant rep (Salesperson that signed me up) and got my rate lowered slightly but the surcharges kept coming. I was basically paying double rates when you calculate it.
I wanted to end the relationship but was still under a 2 or 3 (Forgot) year contract.

I was still accepting paypal as well and it was cheaper than my merchant account.
I also signed up for the Paypal discounted Merchant Rate. (You have to provide a SS# Though)

Jonas if you are paying that much in fees then why not just use paypal for all the transactions. 15% fees are ridiculous, it's just like you're paying double ebay fees.

I say ditch your merchant now and accept paypal only in the meantime. When you find a New Reputable Merchant with good reviews then start using that.

BooMer

Jonas 10-12-2009 04:55 PM

Thing is with PayPal, eventually my accounts will all get limited and frozen. PayPal will eventually just demand my social security number, too. Then I can't take any PayPal with that account ever again. I also can't use a bank account with them because they call the bank to find out my real name and everything.

I'm actually looking into CCNOW. It would be so much easier if there was some way to integrate that into eBay checkout.

GreenBean 10-12-2009 05:06 PM

If you have to go the paypal route, then consider using a LLC. http://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscri...sensitive.html

Most merchant accounts seems to be robbing their customers.

Lyda 10-12-2009 08:50 PM

They surely do! I signed up with First Data in February and regret it big time....I'd be looking into CCNOW also...

Vicvelcro 10-13-2009 05:00 AM

I was researching First Data and others back in March and April. Seems First Data has many people upset with them. Seems also that First Data operates under several different names now, so potential new clients won't find the bad reputation First Data already has.

Anyone who is considering a merchant account should dig deep to see if the merchant service is First Data incognito. Then continue to check other facts. Simply use google to search the name of the merchant service combined with the word 'fraud' or 'scam'.

Lyda 10-13-2009 07:47 AM

Good post Vic! I wish I knew all this back in February...They are thieves!

Jonas 10-13-2009 07:54 AM

I checked my old statements. December 2008, Total Merchant Services decided to charge a $100 PCI Compliance fee even though they did no work for it and authorize.net did that themselves. Well that same month, they also went and suddenly made all my transactions the non-discount rate and they lie about it when I call them on the phone. Ever since then, they have just kept doing that. When I called them about it, they merely told me to wait a week for "rate review".