The definitive Step by Step - EBAY + Cartmanager + Google Checkout SETUP - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions > Payment Gateways

Payment Gateways Payment Gateway Discussions - Stripe Accounts, PayPal Accounts, Authorize.Net, Coinbase and More.

Old 12-17-2008
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%

yes. you will get an email from both cartmanager and GC.
yo ucan also go to your cartmanager account to see whether the invoices were sent as well
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-18-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

ok, well i set the GCO up so we'll see what happens when the auctions end. Im tired of refunding paypal payments and resending GCO invoices manually.
Old 12-19-2008

Longevity: 89%

Ok so cartmanager looks like its the way forward for accepting GC payments. I cant seem to find a price on here. Modee you said that you are a reseller for cartmanager. Can you please advise how much it will cost? And is it the same price for all? How about any xmas promotions? lol

What i am trying to figure out before i get cartmanager is that say for example the customer decides to pay by paypal on the BIN auctions Instantly like the majority of my buyers do.What will happen then? Or will cartmanager disable this feuture? Its a headache sending google invoices manually so cartmanager will deff help on that side.

For the items that i sell on ebay i must offer paypal as a payment method. So is it correct in saying that paypal will be offered however when the customer clicks on BIN they will be comming through cartmanager which will in turn send them a GC invoice?

I am trying my best to use pp as least as possible

Thanks in advance
Old 12-26-2008

Same questions as gremlin.

Paypal sometimes is required to sell some items, especially when you don't have a merchant account. Googlecheckout / Cartmanager seem like a good alternative but....

Will ebay still send them a pay through paypal invoice on winning?
Will they still have the option of clicking Pay Now on the winning auction page?

If so then they will be disregarding any email by cartmanager or GCO and then we have a problem once again.
Old 01-09-2009

Can u use a cartmanager account for multiple ebay accounts without getting linked ?
Old 01-09-2009

Longevity: 94%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferny View Post
Can u use a cartmanager account for multiple ebay accounts without getting linked ?
i also want to know about this...
very interested with CM
Old 01-09-2009

I also wanted to know when u state in your auctions u will send an invoice via google checkout, do buyers have to have a google account or google e-mail to send paypal payments when they recieve the invoice ?
Old 01-10-2009
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I also wanted to know when u state in your auctions u will send an invoice via google checkout, do buyers have to have a google account or google e-mail to send paypal payments when they recieve the invoice ?
you need to a little more time reading through the forums.. otherwise you will really confuse yourself. google checkout and paypal have absolutely nothing to do with each other, you cant use paypal to pay google checkout. And in your auctions you CANNOT say you are going to use google checkout. Read through this forum over, trust me it will help you a lot. There are a few more threads you will also find extremely useful
Old 01-10-2009

Yaw is right. If you dont already have a googlecheckout account i suggest you get one. it more or less works in the same way as paypal however there are no risks of them holding your money for 180 days. They have other policies such as refunding all the money back to the buyers without notifying you.

This might sound harsh however you are able to set up GC so that it automatically charges the buyers card and will send money to your account without any instructions from yourself. So in other words if your account was to get closed down you wouldnt have much to worry about unless you have sent the item.

When you send an invoice via GC the customer is prompted to put there card details, address and email. They will automaticaly sign up to GC without them realising. Its good to have
Old 01-12-2009

If I use google checkout as a payment option and don't use paypal, doesn't ebay make u link your paypal account after to many sells ?
Old 01-15-2009
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 97%

Quote:
If I use google checkout as a payment option and don't use paypal, doesn't ebay make u link your paypal account after to many sells ?
i did it before, i was convincing the buyers to use GC by offering them $5 discount or $10 if they used GC instead of PP. 90% of the them accepted and even some of them i did refund from Paypal because they paid fast.
after a while PayPal limited my account saying they observed some suspicious activities.
Old 01-15-2009

Thats the thing with paypal. They will limit your account for many reasons. As im sure many of you have heard that ebay will no longer allow customers to pay by cheque or postal orders. Paypal want there hands on everything.

Dont you think for a seller that sells on ebay and uses various methods to bypass paypal and get paid through other merchants, that paypal will limit there account as they know that sales are being made on ebay but they are not using paypal? In the uk offering paypal is a must, so if we get limited for suspicious activity then regardless to say how we are accepting money we wont be able to list on ebay with the same account.

Cartmanager sounds like a great idea and think you should take up modee's advise and pm him. Some info is far to sensitive to post out in the open.
Old 02-17-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 92%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_88 View Post
Same questions as gremlin.

Paypal sometimes is required to sell some items, especially when you don't have a merchant account. Googlecheckout / Cartmanager seem like a good alternative but....

Will ebay still send them a pay through paypal invoice on winning?
Will they still have the option of clicking Pay Now on the winning auction page?

If so then they will be disregarding any email by cartmanager or GCO and then we have a problem once again.
Doesnt seem to be a definite answer to this question that keeps popping up. Has anybody got a solid answer to how you can stop buyers from paying with the Ebay/PayPal paynow button? Ive turned-off Ebay checkout but when I test it with my Cartmanager it still takes me directly to PayPal's payment page.
Old 02-17-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 99%

there is no way of stopping them from using the ebay paynow button if you set up your auctions with paypal accepted with the email address field populated. the best way to counter that action is to put in your payment instructions that you don't use ebay checkout. also create a checkout button in cartmanager and embed it in the auction and direct the customers to that button in your checkout instructions.
Old 02-17-2009
Executive [VIP]

or hope you can get them to approve a merchant account
Old 02-18-2009
Executive [VIP]

Im putting cartmanager checkout buttons all through the description and checkout section, and huge letters saying not to pay through Ebay checkout- but they just will not listen . Then usually complain so much that I relent and let them pay by PayPal the usual way.
Old 02-23-2009
Executive [VIP]

Dont all the CM+GC users have problems with paranoid buyers complaining about not being covered by PayPal's "buyer protection" etc?
I set up CM and all the invoices were emailed automatically and there are 3 "winning buyer" buttons inside the auctions, yet every one of them paid directly through ebay checkout and PayPal. So, I have started leaving the email section blank/incorrect and sending the invoices manually, then either no reply from buyers or a paranoid response about protection etc. Im even reorting to bribery/discounts for paying via GC and then they get real paranoid- "this is a scam" "I will only pay with PayPal"
Old 02-25-2009

Longevity: 88%

questions
1. Won't you have to fax the card processor info to eBay if you're accepting credit cards other than thru Paypal?

2. When you have the eBay-CartManager-GCO trio working as it should, do you have to manually intervene with cut-and-paste or additional fiddling to get the invoices out?
or is the whole process seamless for the seller?
I mean, I choose one software solution over another if it saves me one mousse click,
I would not want to complicate my invoicing with additional steps that are also prone to human error.

3. does CartManager correctly propagate your s&H amounts for various zones, including International, and for "combined" S&H (second and third lots of the same item? Or do you have to manually intervene?

4. can't a buyer "jump the gun" and quickly pay you with Paypal before cart manager has a chance to Google-Invoice him?
Would disabling "automated checkout" in eBay help this?

Cheers
Old 02-25-2009

Longevity: 88%

MODEE..

How do people you send you a PM?

the "send PM" option is missing from your drop-down menu (it's there for everyone else)
Old 02-25-2009
Executive [VIP]

you have been away for a while... Modee is no longer here

To help with some of you questions:

You can set a standard shippin gfee in cartmanager, but from my experience buyers have changed the shipping on there (for example they wanted a faster shipping service), there could possibly be a way to disable this but not to my known knowlege

And yes buyers can just go ahead and pay str8 thru paypal .. its one con to cartmanager, which is why most people here that are using cartmanger add the pay now button into their listings and write a few words in their auction about not using paypal