eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Payment Gateways (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/payment-gateways/)
-   -   Google Checkout Worse than Paypal ? Maybe for some, not others (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/payment-gateways/543-google-checkout-worse-than-paypal-maybe-some-not-others.html)

Ballsack 06-07-2007 02:27 AM

Google Checkout Worse than Paypal

I recently signed up with this service to accept payments and before they even sent me one payment they want all sorts of ridiculous info from me in addition they don't seem to like my bank account despite the fact that they let me sign up and confirm with it. Google is clearly worse than paypal. It's a never ending cycle of one awful company after another. I guess I'm headed back to paypal.

ifreewillie 06-07-2007 02:42 AM

I assume you signed up Google's merchant account... if so then yes, merchant account requires all kinds of information from you (i.e. SSN or TaxID) right from the get-go. BTW all merchant account will ask you all that information before you get to use their service.

Ballsack 06-07-2007 03:49 AM

I provided all that info when I signed up but google wants more now.

Jonas 06-07-2007 12:39 PM

Explain to them that they are violating their motto of "Don't be evil"

ihatebay 06-09-2007 11:14 PM

my experience with them has been perfect. paypal is a nightmare. they freeze your accounts for NO REASON except they want to get their hands on your money and earn interest. I HATE how Paypal can deposit money into your bank then take it BACK out / reversal. That is ILLEGAL, really, but they do it because they are a monopoly and know that sellers will still use them. At least Google doesn't do that. Do you know that say if you have $500 in GOOGLE, Google deposits that within 24 HOURS, ummmm HELLO that's like getting paid on the same day you receive the funds from buyers. Oh, and right now transaction fees are waived until 2008.

Anyways the best thing about Google is that they do not do those stupid reversals and put limits on accounts without any reason.

Lol, I hope you don'[t think I am being paid by Google, but seriously, I love them =)

CPUGEEK 06-09-2007 11:41 PM

I never heard of paypal taking money out of your account but I did hear of them canceling a deposit. But they will cancel it before it hits your bank account

JackNoMore 06-10-2007 01:25 AM

Paypal can't take money directly out of your bank account once it's deposited. They tried it for a while, they were sued and lost. If they ever do try it again, call an attorney and start shopping for a new car or home.

Google has been known to do reversals too in all fairness, from what I've read. Really, any credit card based system is going to be open to that. I'm tempted to try them though on a temporary basis to see if they live up to either hype, good or bad. Just not with any significant amount of money.

Ballsack 06-10-2007 04:34 PM

Google does not deposit money to your bank within 24 hours. They specifically say it takes them 2 days to do this. Why that is I don't know. I don't even think 24 hours is even possible.

CPUGEEK 06-10-2007 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ballsack (Post 3951)
Google does not deposit money to your bank within 24 hours. They specifically say it takes them 2 days to do this. Why that is I don't know. I don't even think 24 hours is even possible.

Wrong ballsack,

They do deposit to your bank within 24 hours of requesting it, but it takes time for your"bank" to credit the deposit to your account. So goole does their half but if you got a slow bank then it will take longer.

My merchant account I have now takes 2 days total for me to have the funds hit my bank account because my bank is pretty fast when it comes to deposits..

ihatebay 06-10-2007 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CPUGEEK (Post 3962)
Wrong ballsack,

They do deposit to your bank within 24 hours of requesting it, but it takes time for your"bank" to credit the deposit to your account. So goole does their half but if you got a slow bank then it will take longer.

My merchant account I have now takes 2 days total for me to have the funds hit my bank account because my bank is pretty fast when it comes to deposits..

Yup CPUGEEK, sometimes my bank takes 7 days to process it other time i do get it in 24 hours.

ifreewillie 06-11-2007 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Modee (Post 3978)
PAYPAL:
No, they reversed two transactions for $3400. total on a friend of mine. Deposited one day, taken right out the next. If he had been quicker he could have gotten the money out and left a zero balance, but he did not. Also, who knows, maybe his bank would have ended up with a negative balance owed.

He complained to the bank, tried to call it an unauthorized debit (because the link between PP and his bank had been severed that same day), reported to the FTC, etc., but in the end PP called it a "reversal" and got away with it.

Like Jack said, PP can no longer take money out of your banking account without the approval of the account holder.

Ballsack 06-11-2007 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CPUGEEK (Post 3962)
Wrong ballsack,

Google themselves have said they take 2 days to process your order not 24 hours.

JackNoMore 06-11-2007 10:20 AM

That might just be a standard processing though. Paypal says it takes 3-5 days. It's never taken me 5 days to deposit. (*knock on wood*) Usually just 2, maybe 3 depending on the time of week and my bank. But 2 for the most part. Google may just be covering their tracks in case someone's order gets delayed just like Paypal.

Ballsack 06-11-2007 08:34 PM

No, paypal sends the transfer instantly. It takes your bank 3-5 days to receive.
Google says they process your transfer in 2 days. After that it takes another 3-4 days for you to see it in your bank account. See the difference? That's a total of 5-6 days.

JackNoMore 06-12-2007 01:26 AM

Paypal may transfer it instantly, but that's only the "beginning" of the transfer. Otherwise, when the transfer says "completed" on the paypal side, it would already be done and your money would be available. As it is, it takes about 2 days for the transfer to say "completed" on paypal's end (depending on the time/day of the transfer), and then another day or so to be "received" and available in a bank account. There's your 3-5 days, which again is more like 3 days.

CPUGEEK 06-12-2007 10:22 AM

Thats because paypal will gave you a honer credit until the money actually post to paypal banks which still is about 3 days

Jonas 06-22-2007 04:13 AM

No, if the bank holds it up then it'll get deposited even if google suspends you. It sounds like and I haven't used it that google suspends you for a stupid and unfair reason then it immediately reverses the deposits.

From what I've heard hear Google Checkout completely violates the google corporate philosophy of "Don't be evil." -- what does everyone think of that?

Jonas 06-23-2007 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sellersaccount (Post 4614)
Nope it says right here on there FAQs

Payouts will be initiated within two business days if:

You've already specified a valid bank account to receive your payouts.
You've successfully charged an order.
Your earned balance at the time of disbursement or transfer is at least US$1.
Google will initiate payouts within two business days after you charge an order; however, your bank may take up to three additional business days to register the payout in your account. Please contact your bank representative if you'd like more information about the timing of fund transfers into your account.

They will not pay u with in 24 hours after a order is charged cause they want to control the money in case u get banned with in the 2 bussiness days they wont have to pay u the payout.

And yes google will ban you for unfair reason like if your selling something and they cant verfiy its legit or ⊗⊗⊗⊗ they will just assume its ⊗⊗⊗⊗ and say u volited there TOS and ban you even if u have not one complaint

I was banned a few months back and when they banned u they wouldnt even tell you they would just banned u and you couldnt even log into your google account and to make thingd wrose you couldnt access the buyers address page to ship the orders and to top it off google would refund every buyer from day one even if you shipped the goods off or not then expect you to pay google back
lucky i closed my bank where the bastrds couldnt still money to cover there loss's.

I think they got into some **** about it cause they no longer use that method when they ban you and u can still access your account to finsh orders even if your suppened unlike before.

Wow! A lot of bad stuff about google!

JackNoMore 06-23-2007 08:09 AM

All you need to do is go to the google merchant forums and help center to see what a joke they were in the beginning. It's a landscape of "why won't you reply" "google froze my account" "worse than paypal" "with google's reputation this should be better" etc. I'm not sure if they've gotten their act together yet, but the damage has definately been done. Free payments or not, the general consensus is that they're not worth the hassle unless you don't care about the money and don't mind when or if you receive.

Jonas 06-23-2007 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack (Post 4699)
All you need to do is go to the google merchant forums and help center to see what a joke they were in the beginning. It's a landscape of "why won't you reply" "google froze my account" "worse than paypal" "with google's reputation this should be better" etc. I'm not sure if they've gotten their act together yet, but the damage has definately been done. Free payments or not, the general consensus is that they're not worth the hassle unless you don't care about the money and don't mind when or if you receive.

Links please.

JackNoMore 06-23-2007 02:05 PM

What is a stored value card? Are you talking about a store gift card?

Google Checkout Merchants Forum | Google Groups

Google Base Help Discussion | Google Groups

You won't have to look far. Everytime I visit, there's something bad happening on the first page.

georgesmith 06-23-2007 10:15 PM

Well I have $1500+ per transaction and I havent had a single problem with google checkout as a seller.