eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Payment Gateways (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/payment-gateways/)
-   -   How easy to integrate a merchant account into ebay? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/payment-gateways/26498-how-easy-integrate-merchant-account-into-ebay.html)

Vale 12-29-2010 02:25 PM

How easy to integrate a merchant account into ebay?

im in the process of getting a 1 yr ebay account to integrate my merchant. im just unaware how easy it is to integrate. since a yr old account doesnt need faxing info to ebay. what else is to be filled out or signed? is it just as easy as entering the merchant info on ebay seller account page and go? need info on these before i spent $100+ for an ebay account. thanks

rsot 12-29-2010 03:21 PM

Year old account? Or pre-2007 account?

I know for pre-07 accounts, you can pretty much do what you are stating but if your account is year old you will still have to fax in info.

RedDevilŽ 12-29-2010 03:23 PM

First of all how is your credit score? reason asking is merchant accounts check your credit. if you have good credit then search for one that is authorize.net and accepts eBay

when you do your research come back and see if you still want to go that road. you can alywas get a whatever merchant account and not intergrate it with eBay and use freshbooks.com to send invoices.

experience: Done that.

I woud tell you everything about merchant accounts and which ones you should use but you should get your hands dirty to understand what you are getting yourself into first.

Vale 12-30-2010 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 193494)
Year old account? Or pre-2007 account?

I know for pre-07 accounts, you can pretty much do what you are stating but if your account is year old you will still have to fax in info.

pre-07 my bad.

Quote:

First of all how is your credit score? reason asking is merchant accounts check your credit. if you have good credit then search for one that is authorize.net and accepts eBay

when you do your research come back and see if you still want to go that road. you can alywas get a whatever merchant account and not intergrate it with eBay and use freshbooks.com to send invoices.

experience: Done that.

I woud tell you everything about merchant accounts and which ones you should use but you should get your hands dirty to understand what you are getting yourself into first.

i already have a merchant with linkpoint. i just dont wanna go straight ahead and spend 150$ on a pre 07 ebay account and end up not being able to integrate cos of whatever ebay complicated procedure that needs to be done first not really familiar with the ebay integrating process. will it be a simple plug and go?

rsot 12-30-2010 10:33 AM

Ah ok - clearer. Pre 07 yes you will be able to plug and go but when you say GO...you must go slow or expect to be hit like any other account.

E-mail your seller and ask for advice + search the forum here + pm savvy people for advice (if you know they about pre 07 accounts)....don't pm me though ha I don't have a lot of working knowledge with them.

Vale 12-30-2010 05:59 PM

cool man thanks for the info =]

RedDevilŽ 12-31-2010 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 193669)
Ah ok - clearer. Pre 07 yes you will be able to plug and go but when you say GO...you must go slow or expect to be hit like any other account.

E-mail your seller and ask for advice + search the forum here + pm savvy people for advice (if you know they about pre 07 accounts)....don't pm me though ha I don't have a lot of working knowledge with them.

Correct me if i am wrong @Rsot but there is no way to connect "LinkPoint" with a golden accout.

Reason: They only let you link it if its with "Authorize.net"

@vale sorry to burst your bubble son. you cant link them. Did you even read my first post carefully? i am pretty sure it sys to find one that is authorize.net compatible and eBay friendly.

bansheezone 01-09-2011 02:37 PM

No more faxing needed, also 11/07 accounts are no longer used as any new ebay seller account can have a merchants account added to it, but if the account gets suspended you will need to close and open a new A.net account so your API login will be different.

ebaykilla 01-10-2011 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bansheezone (Post 195774)
No more faxing needed, also 11/07 accounts are no longer used as any new ebay seller account can have a merchants account added to it, but if the account gets suspended you will need to close and open a new A.net account so your API login will be different.

if we don't have to fax anymore, then why do I still get the fax message even after I link my authorize.net to ebay?