eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Payment Gateways (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/payment-gateways/)
-   -   no bank acct, need a merchant acct (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/payment-gateways/59861-no-bank-acct-need-merchant-acct.html)

michael702 05-10-2013 08:27 PM

no bank acct, need a merchant acct

Hello everyone,

I just found this website the other day. I love it. My situation, I can't get a regular checking acct cause I'm in chk system. I would like to get a regular merchant account were I can accept credit cards. I know a lot of prepaid cards are linked to an acct # and routing #. Is their a prepaid out there that I can use as a bank acct to link to a merchant acct. I do not have a website. Just wanted to type customers info into a virtual acct online. Thanks for any feedback.

GreenBean 05-12-2013 08:11 PM

Merchant accounts require ID and credit checks.

Simple fact of ecommerce.

All processors will protect themselves.

:juggle:

rsot 05-13-2013 05:44 AM

Register your business and operate well - dont look for loopholes. GB has laid out a simple rule of ecommerce.

michael702 05-15-2013 06:06 PM

I have an ID and have fairly decent credit. Just don't have a bank account. My question was can I use a prepaid debit card as a checking bank acct since it has a routing and acct number?

rsot 05-21-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michael702 (Post 449788)
I have an ID and have fairly decent credit. Just don't have a bank account. My question was can I use a prepaid debit card as a checking bank acct since it has a routing and acct number?

Yes few prepaid debit cards have been working - Amex Bluebird, Payoneer, Rush, etc - read around the forums - see what limitations each card has - there are also significant fees involved.

Have you gone to local credit unions? They might have more flex options for you

GreenBean 05-21-2013 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 451412)

Correct term is flexible options.

Ebayorbust 07-02-2013 12:46 PM

Brian,

Do you have permission to advertise on this forum?

jeffweico 07-03-2013 03:37 PM

You can probably get approved for a merchant account, but you WILL need an actual bank account, preferably a business account.

You can get a bank account at "second chance" banks, one of which I am aware is WoodForest. They don't care about Chex Systems.

I don't think that an account attached to a prepaid card is going to do it for you.

The good news is, you can likely be approved for a merchant account. I used Charge.com as they told me if they could not approve me, they could find another processor who would. I was approved by them directly.

I have NO affiliation with WoodForest or Charge.com and do not benefit in any way if you decide to use them.

The thing is, if your credit is so-so, then you may have a monthly sales limit - usually $5,000 and/or a rolling reserve. Rolling reserves are between 5% - 20% of your sales. They are typically held for 6 months - so if you did $1,000 in sales in January and your reserve was 10%, you would get $900 immediately and then $100 in July.

When looking for a merchant account NEVER pay a non-refundable "application fee" and make sure you understand what the monthly costs are - because you will have to pay them regardless of whether or not you have any sales.

AuctionsDenied 07-03-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 451412)

Take the advice of RSOT and Greenbean, try credit unions in your area. Won't hurt to try.

DaveK 12-31-2013 03:36 AM

Re: no bank acct, need a merchant acct

Advice based on what I have used in the past....
There are two Visa debit card companies that are rated very high,
One is netspend, the other is Kaiku.
Both will provide you a account number and a routing number.
Both will verify very fast through Paypal.
According to google they also offer business debit cards.
I have used both, no issues transferring paypal money to them.
And no problem getting them verified.
Also there is a prepaid Master Card from Prepaid Debit Cards | Easy Prepaid with Everyday Card | MasterCard®, The fees and limits on these are very reasonable considering what they are,
Personally I back them up with a credit union account,
Hope this info helps.

rsot 12-31-2013 06:15 AM

@DaveK, how much and how recent has your experience been with Netspend?

okay 01-04-2014 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 515319)
@DaveK, how much and how recent has your experience been with Netspend?

Yes, and how much recent experience with the Kaiku, also??

:)