eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Paypal Limited (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-limited/)
-   -   New paypal account connected to suspended account (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-limited/104416-new-paypal-account-connected-suspended-account.html)

skif1980 01-16-2017 04:54 PM

New paypal account connected to suspended account

Hello,
Recently my PP account with 2000$ was tempararily limited, asking me to provide more info about the stuff i sell on ebay, my docs etc. While investigating, they also connected my relative's suspended account (-900$) with mine. Now they ask me to call PPal to explain the situation and possibly pay this debt. What are the chances of me proving, that it is not my account? If i pay the 900$ to close this issue, woudn't it mean, that it's indeed my account, so the second step would be to suspend my account also?

rookprop 01-16-2017 07:17 PM

Re: New paypal account connected to suspended account

HAHA
I just went through this last week. I asked for similar advice.
It all depends on what they linked.

They linked my account to an old paypal account Same name but different addresses in different states. I said that was my cousins account and we have the same name. He said oh so youre disputing. YES. So today, I called up, they said appeal denied and they saw a link to same seller habbits, which is bull**** because ALL THE ITEMS are different. The acount was limited due to "linked to the other paypal account which had a balance of 180 dollars) I have a 900 dollar balance in my PP account. I said F$ck it, Ill pay the balance. Limits were lifted today, I withdrew 399 to my bank.

Im not worried about PP so much but Im just worried Ebay will discover the PP link and might link the old ebay account associated with it. I like my 100/5000 Ebay account. Only time will tell

So, short story long: Depends. Guess you gotta weigh the options. Is it worht paying the balance to get your limits lifted?

If you are completely LEGIT that the linked account is your relative, you can SUE them legally and get all your money. Or you can wait them out for 180 days. Im really not sure. Just gave you my very recent experience.

rsot 01-16-2017 08:21 PM

Welcome to the forums skif - I would not expect the best from pp because of all this linking...

skif1980 01-17-2017 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rookprop (Post 824691)
HAHA

They linked my account to an old paypal account Same name but different addresses in different states. I said that was my cousins account and we have the same name. He said oh so youre disputing. YES. So today, I called up, they said appeal denied and they saw a link to same seller habbits, which is bull**** because ALL THE ITEMS are different. The acount was limited due to "linked to the other paypal account which had a balance of 180 dollars) I have a 900 dollar balance in my PP account. I said F$ck it, Ill pay the balance. Limits were lifted today, I withdrew 399 to my bank.

Im not worried about PP so much but Im just worried Ebay will discover the PP link and might link the old ebay account associated with it. I like my 100/5000 Ebay account. Only time will tell

So, short story long: Depends. Guess you gotta weigh the options. Is it worht paying the balance to get your limits lifted?

If you are completely LEGIT that the linked account is your relative, you can SUE them legally and get all your money. Or you can wait them out for 180 days. Im really not sure. Just gave you my very recent experience.

Was your cousins account suspended?

skif1980 01-17-2017 01:01 AM

If i pay 900$ for other person's account, is there a chance they could lift limitations from my account?

rookprop 01-17-2017 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skif1980 (Post 824767)
Was your cousins account suspended?

No. Well his ebay account was suspended but the paypal account had the negative balance. It was still in good standing with no limits.

I paid it a couple days ago. Got the limits lifted and withdrew money. I doubt Ill have issues with paypal in the future. Im betting Ebay will catch it eventually. Probably 2 months in my experience they will suspend me for some lame excuse.

rookprop 01-17-2017 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skif1980 (Post 824768)
If i pay 900$ for other person's account, is there a chance they could lift limitations from my account?

Just say that is your cousins account and ask specifically, "if I pay the 900, that will remove the limits from this account?" If the person says yes, pay the balance and you will have access to the 2000. Im not gonna say 100 percent because I dont know the specifics of your other account. I will say in my case, I wasnt concerned because it happened before and I payed and it worked. So that was 2x. Each case is different.

sunny day 01-21-2017 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rookprop (Post 824691)
HAHA

Can i ask how long time since you start business using that PP until time they linked it to old one ? thanks

GreenBean 01-21-2017 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rookprop (Post 824918)
Just say that is your cousins account and ask specifically, "if I pay the 900, that will remove the limits from this account?" If the person says yes, pay the balance and you will have access to the 2000. Im not gonna say 100 percent because I dont know the specifics of your other account. I will say in my case, I wasnt concerned because it happened before and I payed and it worked. So that was 2x. Each case is different.

At the least, get that in writing.

Never rely on the spoken word.

:ranger:

rsot 01-21-2017 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skif1980 (Post 824768)

You would need the contract with the party to show what refund you get if they are NOT successful...

rookprop 01-22-2017 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 825686)
At the least, get that in writing.

Never rely on the spoken word.

:ranger:

I didnt have time. My accounts are still going well. I guess Ebay will link it in 2 months from past experiences