PayPal restricted. What to do about ebay?? Help!!! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 01-28-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 41%
Default PayPal restricted. What to do about ebay?? Help!!!

Hi everyone,

Just had a message from PayPal saying they have limited my account permanently for violating their policy. Spoke to them on the phone and they said it relates to one payment in from an eBay sale I had. I have sold over 100 of the same items without any issues using the same PayPal. Lady on phone was polite enough but robotic in her approach saying I need to email the appeals dept, she kept repeating this. (Very annoying). I have emailed PayPal saying I am happy to work out any issue with them and provide them with any info they may need. I've got over £1000 held in PayPal now with a fully fatigued account which I used to be able to withdraw from straight away.

My question is: if my PayPal is limited but eBay account is active:

1) will my eBay account be restricted in days to come?
2) can i use a different paypal address with my eBay to accept payments or will they limit the new PayPal address too?
3) bonus question: what can I expect to happen about the limitation? Is there any hope??
Thanks in advance!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-28-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 16%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: PayPal restricted. What to do about ebay?? Help!!!

1. It might be but it is not certain. In the long run though I wouldnt trust the account enough to use it for any sort of serious business.
2. No you cannot. Any new paypal you attempt to link to the ebay account will get linked to this limited account and this will get limited itself as well.
3. Theres always hope - although not much of one. Try to appeal it and provide everything they ask for. If the appeal is successful - great. If it is not - move on.
I would suggest not waiting though either way. get to work on not one - but multiple backup accounts so that even if your appeal is successful you will not solely reliant on this one single account for your business.
The Following User Says Thank You to slokor For This Useful Post:
Axeman (01-28-2017)
Old 01-28-2017
just_smile

Longevity: 0%

I would put the effort in to getting the account reinstated. Hopefully a rep is sympathetic to your cause.

If that fails then your ebay is pretty much forfeit to. Any new paypal you attached to it is easily linked to your old account, so would never be a solid account.

A new ebay/paypal Stealth account is the best way forward if the appeal fails

With stealth you can run as many account as you like independant of one another. So if one account should receive a limitation out of the blue, you still have all your other accounts running smoothly.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Axeman (01-28-2017)
Old 01-28-2017
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 41%

Appreciate the clear advise. Says a lot about a company when there is a dedicated forum website discussing nothing but their appalling practices. Had a well established business which was my only income. I'm finally going stealth. Eff these scoundrels!!