Old Canadian account got limited - Need help - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 01-25-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 76%
Cool Old Canadian account got limited - Need help

Hi, there had been very less activity on this semi-stealth PP account in the past 2-3 months as I was busy with Job and studies. Recently I started selling on Ebay again as I had free time and sold a few AutoCAD projects ranging from $200 to $500 and a few other digital goods ranging from $100 toll $200. Also got a couple of payments directly to my PP from clients whom I'll be doing a few small web-designing projects.

In total I might have received around $15,000 in the past month or so in this PayPal. First I got a selling limit notice on Ebay, I didn't have any apparent limits before and last night PayPal limited my account requiring more information such as Bank Statement, Current Phone Number, Tracking Information, Information About Products and Processor Statement.

Now both of these accounts are solid accounts and about 10 years old and I've been using them on and off and are fully verified and linked to each other since the beginning. I know I might have raised serious flags with the sudden selling activity, but I recently quit my job and needed to make some money to pay off a few bills.

So what I would like to know is will I be able to get this PayPal account back? The account is fully verified but with ⊗⊗⊗⊗ documents and verified with a VBA so bank statements is out of question. Need to know how to respond to PayPal in order to get this sorted out and get my account back.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-25-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,925 Times in 8,217 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Old Canadian account got limited - Need help

You would need to provide the info that Paypal wants or try calling and seeing if some parts of the list can be removed.

Sadly, paypal is kind of iffy when it comes to a long list of demands - you could provide everything and still risk staying limited....best of luck
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
munrznnw (01-25-2017)
Old 01-25-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
You would need to provide the info that Paypal wants or try calling and seeing if some parts of the list can be removed.

Sadly, paypal is kind of iffy when it comes to a long list of demands - you could provide everything and still risk staying limited....best of luck
I can provide other things no issue but the bank statement, how to get around that? What excuse will seem plausible? I was thinking to tell them that is a very old account and has been long closed since adding to PayPal so statements can't be provided?

Also is it better to call them or talk to them through email?

Thanks
Old 01-25-2017
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by munrznnw View Post
I can provide other things no issue but the bank statement, how to get around that? What excuse will seem plausible? I was thinking to tell them that is a very old account and has been long closed since adding to PayPal so statements can't be provided?

Also is it better to call them or talk to them through email?

Thanks
Which bank did you use?
Old 01-25-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Which bank did you use?
Actually I just confirmed and I don't have a Bank Account linked, only an AVS CC but it has already expired.

So what do you suggest now buddy
Old 01-25-2017
Executive [VIP]

Ok so Paypal asked you for bank statement even when you don't have a bank attached? That's not a great sign - generic message. Might want to call them up and sort the mess through with an agent...see what steps can be removed.

Knowing PP a bit...and their "love" for digital delivery (NOT) and your intake of 15K in one month - it looks bad for reinstatement...
Old 01-25-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Ok so Paypal asked you for bank statement even when you don't have a bank attached? That's not a great sign - generic message. Might want to call them up and sort the mess through with an agent...see what steps can be removed.

Knowing PP a bit...and their "love" for digital delivery (NOT) and your intake of 15K in one month - it looks bad for reinstatement...

Will try to talk to them, let's hope for the best.

Thanks
Old 01-30-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:

Okay so I called them up at the general Canadian helpline, the rep gave me a number for Merchant Limitation department as that's the department that put a limitation on my account. Called them up and the rep said they can't review "this type of limitation on account" over the phone and that I should add all the required information through my account even if I can't provide the information I should just write that down and they will review it and get back to me within 24-48 hours.

Looking bad so far eh?

BTW, I just saw a message in my PayPal message central from the Merchant department, that I have been receiving too many personal payments and that I should not use PayPal for so many personal payments and went on about how PayPal makes money through fees and personal payments in the USA don't have those fees and that I should avoid such payments.

Could this be the MAIN reason why they reviewed my account and not because I received around 15k in the past month?
Old 01-31-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:

Just received an email from the Merchant Review Department which stated the following:

"""

We have reviewed your account and unfortunately cannot lift the limitation at this time. We need additional information from you before we can proceed with the appeal process. Please complete the steps below:

· Provide an explanation of the recent increase in volume processed within your PayPal account and your expected monthly volume going forward.

· Our records show the balance in your PayPal account is currently negative.

"""

The negative balance is due to a buyer claiming he got an empty box and didn't receive the used cell-phone I sold him. Which is a complete lie as USPS has his mother or girlfriend's signatures when she received the box and if it was empty she would have known that it was weightless before signing for it. So I think he's trying to scam me.

So do you think if I add funds to this PayPal account to refund this scammer, I will be able to get this PayPal account back?

Is it worth all the effort or do you think PayPal is just being nice so that I pay back this scammer and still they won't un-suspend my account?

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-31-2017
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by munrznnw View Post

So do you think if I add funds to this PayPal account to refund this scammer, I will be able to get this PayPal account back?

Is it worth all the effort or do you think PayPal is just being nice so that I pay back this scammer and still they won't un-suspend my account?

Thanks in advance.
Paypal can be iffy as I indicated. Even if you pay the balance off, PP may see your account as a risk regardless especially with that high volume coming in. I wouldn't say 100% your account would be reinstated if you paid the balance off unfortunately.
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
munrznnw (01-31-2017)
Old 01-31-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Paypal can be iffy as I indicated. Even if you pay the balance off, PP may see your account as a risk regardless especially with that high volume coming in. I wouldn't say 100% your account would be reinstated if you paid the balance off unfortunately.
Noted, will give them the first info they required and about the negative balance, I will tell them first unlimit my account and then I will refund the scammer. Let's see how it goes.

By the way, if I leave this account suspended, the scammer will escalate the ticket to a claim on Ebay and after certain time when PayPal/Ebay doesn't get a reply from me they will judge the claim in the scammer's favor. But since there are not enough funds in my PP, how will they refund the scammer?
Old 01-31-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

I hate to say this, but your scammer came in at the right time. Personally if I was to try an get this account back, the "scammer" would be refunded is the first step.

You might be better off starting new and spread it around to several accounts.
munrznnw (01-31-2017)
Old 01-31-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by newjerseymax View Post
I hate to say this, but your scammer came in at the right time. Personally if I was to try an get this account back, the "scammer" would be refunded is the first step.

You might be better off starting new and spread it around to several accounts.
That's the thing, I don't want to refund this scammer, so I guess I'll leave this account hanging.

Thanks for all the help guys.