Paypal recently limited, eBay promoted - Need Help & Advice - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 02-17-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 41%
Default Paypal recently limited, eBay promoted - Need Help & Advice

Hello everyone, thank you for your attention.

I run a small eBay business as a part time job by selling things that I am passionate about. I make a handsome profit here and there in addition to my full time job. I now have almost 400 positive feedbacks and a powerseller. Buyers love my products and service. It is one of the most satisfying things - selling what you love and to make money from it.

Woke up one day and realized my paypal account was limited. The reason being selling counterfeit items. I have to admit the items I offer are considered high risk items. I tried appealing the case and it didn't work. They didn't even bother to send me a personalized message.

The good news is that my eBay is still in good standing. In fact, 2 weeks before I got limited on paypal, I just spoke to eBay on the phone to raise the $ selling limit on my account and they happily approved it.

At this point, paypal pretty much put me out of business since I don't have a way to get paid. Fortunately, I was able to set up a payment gateway and merchant account to start receiving credit/debit card payments. I've been using this method to receive payment from buyers for almost 2 months now. Most interestingly, I was recently promoted from a bronze power seller to a silver power seller on eBay. Clearly, eBay is okay with what I am currently selling and I am still in business.

I am glad that I am back in business and I have no complaints. However, things are just not the same, a lot of problems and inconvenience for me and my buyers. Most importantly, I've lost about 75% of sales since most shoppers on eBay only use Paypal.

Given my situation, what is my best bet to get back to full speed? I am listing out all possible options below. Please let me know what you think. Any advice and or feedback will be greatly appreciated!

1. Do nothing. continue to run my business without paypal to preserve my eBay business. At least business is slowly but surely.

2. Link my brother's paypal account with my eBay and start receiving payments on paypal again. Business 100% back to full speed. risk of my brother's paypal getting limited and also my eBay account getting suspended?

3. Make new paypal account with stealth method guided by the book and link it to my eBay store to start receiving payments on paypal again. Every time my paypal gets limited, make new paypal accounts again and link it again, repeat, repeat, repeat. Is there a high risk of my eBay account getting suspended by doing this?

4. any other options? Please advise.

Thank you for your help!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-17-2017

Default Re: Paypal recently limited, eBay promoted - Need Help & Advice

1)Something is better than nothing
2)You could do that, but if you're selling the same stuff they'll limit the account fairly quickly in my experience.
3)My dream is for this to be effective.
4)See reply below.

From what I've been reading, once your Ebay account is marked for death by Paypal.. its donezo and time to move on to stealth or new entity/ip/everything you would do for a stealth account anyways.. just with legit info. That includes a new Ebay account and starting from scratch. But you still can't sell the high risk item against AUP because when sales roll in they'll review all your sales to look for suspect stuff.
Old 02-18-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums - best of luck as you master stealth
Old 02-18-2017
Threadstarter  

Thank you both! I am very glad I've came across this forum. I feel much better as there other ways to solve the problem.