PayPal Limited - Asking for Business License - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 08-09-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 40%
Default PayPal Limited - Asking for Business License

Hey guys,

I am freaking out. My PayPal account was just limited. Click below to see a screenshot of the limitation.

"When you signed up for your PayPal account, you agreed to our User Agreement and Acceptable Use Policy. Some of your recent transactions violated our Acceptable Use Policy. Please do not participate in any more transactions that violate this policy."

https://snag.gy/SyAHJs.jpg

This is a real account and what I use to eat/pay rent. I'm just a freelancer. They are asking for what the transactions were for. I can provide information for that, but they are also asking for business documents. What do I do. I CANNOT afford for this acct to be permanently restricted.

Please advise. I'm freaking out. Plus I'm supposed to be traveling soon with this account.

Thanks.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-09-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: PayPal Limited - Asking for Business License

Is this a business account?

Right now you have the mildest form of limitation because all features are still available. If you fail to give them what they're requesting within the next couple days you'll start losing your ability to receive or withdraw money. I've never seen them ask for a "business license" since most online sellers don't have one. Maybe this has something to do with the type of account you're using. (e.g. a corporate business account rather than LLC maybe?) Idk...
Old 08-09-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackler View Post
Hey guys,

I am freaking out. My PayPal account was just limited. Click below to see a screenshot of the limitation.

"When you signed up for your PayPal account, you agreed to our User Agreement and Acceptable Use Policy. Some of your recent transactions violated our Acceptable Use Policy. Please do not participate in any more transactions that violate this policy."

https://snag.gy/SyAHJs.jpg

This is a real account and what I use to eat/pay rent. I'm just a freelancer. They are asking for what the transactions were for. I can provide information for that, but they are also asking for business documents. What do I do. I CANNOT afford for this acct to be permanently restricted.

Please advise. I'm freaking out. Plus I'm supposed to be traveling soon with this account.

Thanks.

If you cannot provide the requested documentation in full and of an authentic nature, I would do the following:

1. Since the account is not stealth, do not send false or invalid documentation. They can use your real information to blacklist you for sending false info plus report you to the authorities.

2. As you have the mildest limitation possible for PayPal, please use this leeway to remove ALL of your financial information from the account. This means remove your bank account(s) and credit card(s) and 99.9% of the time, a limitation will prevent someone from doing it, but you still can.

Removing your financial information means you can at-least open a new PayPal account if the current one becomes hard limited and still use your bank account and card information. Do not listen to the scaremongering about PayPal limiting your new account because of the finance info, once you've removed them from the old account, you can use them on another.

3. Remove your address and all other identifiable information. You can't change the name on the account, but there's more than one of someone on PayPal with the same name, so it doesn't matter. Anything else that is changeable like addresses and phone numbers should be replaced > false.

4. Open a new PayPal account using stealth details, add your finance information and slowly establish the account again. In future, do not use the account to sell or perform suspicious purchases as prevents 90% of limitations.

If you can explain the transactions and provide the business licence as requested, then by all means proceed and restore the account. You can also try and call PayPal to remove the business licence requirement by explaining you aren't operating a business - it's a bit risky but its possible for them to change the criteria or bypass it for you.

If you can't or don't want to do it the normal way, go ahead and follow the above steps.

Good luck
The Following User Says Thank You to JHerald For This Useful Post:
bdboy (08-17-2017)
Old 08-09-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHerald View Post
Removing your financial information means you can at-least open a new PayPal account if the current one becomes hard limited and still use your bank account and card information. Do not listen to the scaremongering about PayPal limiting your new account because of the finance info, once you've removed them from the old account, you can use them on another.

It's not fear-mongering. A lot of what you've stated is false. You really shouldn't re-use any information as it's stored permanently on Paypal servers. They don't delete your personal information from their database just because you removed information from you account. For them to do so would make zero sense from a security perspective. If what you're saying were possible there would be no such thing as "stealth accounts" as users would just clear out their personal information on Paypal and start a new account.

You get an error message if you try adding a bank account previously associated with another Paypal account - regardless of whether or not said bank account is still attached to the former Paypal account. Neither your credit card or bank account can be reused, period.

Changing your eBay/Paypal address also isn't going to make any difference since your registration address is stored permanently.

Paypal and Ebay both have state-of-the-art security. It's not easy to get around limitations. It certainly isn't as easy as deleting your personal information and starting a new account. Spreading nonsense benefits nobody. :(
Old 08-09-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,197 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHerald View Post

Its not scaremongering when its true....

If you think that having a bank account on 1 PayPal, removing it and adding it to another PayPal doesn't cause linking then I want to drink what your drinking
Old 08-14-2017
Threadstarter  

>>We’re currently reviewing the information you’ve provided. We’ll be in touch when we’ve completed our review.

This is the message I am now seeing in my resolution center. I have also called the idiots at Customer Service numerous times only to be given the same answer -- "Stop worrying, we just need some 'extra details', we'll respond soon (24-48 hours)."

I'm supposed to hear back today so we'll see what happens. I have also emailed AUP bc apparently some scumbag piece of sh-t called up PayPal and blatantly lied about what I was selling since I didn't give them leeway on the already cheap price. This is the price for dealing with certain demographics of people on PayPal.

This is a business account to whoever was asking above. Moreover, I have transactions pending so I cannot remove my bank.

I'll keep this thread updated with the outcome of the review.
Old 08-16-2017
Threadstarter  

These mouth breathing keyboard jockeys at (((GayPal))) finally limited my account. I only had 12 bucks in there luckily.

I made my first stealth account. I just don't like opening new bank accts bc my credit isn't that great. :(

I guess I have to learn stealth now. I'll be traveling soon so hopefully things stay in tact. Thanks everyone for your input.

I ****ing hate this company.
Old 08-16-2017
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,536 Times in 2,190 Posts
Activity: 69%
Longevity: 91%

Sackler, I highly recommend you actually read the stealth guide first before you proceed.

It'll teach you the right way of making them as well as to operate them.
Saves you the headache and trouble in the long run.
Old 08-19-2017

Longevity: 58%

i recommend not using if you can afford not accepting paypal and opening a merchant account with nationalbankcard
Old 08-19-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackler View Post
These mouth breathing keyboard jockeys at (((GayPal))) finally limited my account. I only had 12 bucks in there luckily.

I made my first stealth account. I just don't like opening new bank accts bc my credit isn't that great. :(

I guess I have to learn stealth now. I'll be traveling soon so hopefully things stay in tact. Thanks everyone for your input.

I ****ing hate this company.
1. You have started learning about stealth when you first joined this forum.

3. If you hate the company and call "Gaypal" or whatever, then don't use the service - forget sales on eb/pp - no one has a gun to your head.
Old 08-20-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
1. You have started learning about stealth when you first joined this forum.

3. If you hate the company and call "Gaypal" or whatever, then don't use the service - forget sales on eb/pp - no one has a gun to your head.
Not sure why you have to hit me with the holier-than-thou bs. Pretty sure a lot of people, including self-professed stealth masters are also discontent with PayPoo.

It's just that now, they appear to be the most convenient payment method, despite all the disadvantages of using them.

There's a lot of room for a driven entrepreneur to crush this giant and give merchants the mobility and leniency they deserve.

Typical.
Old 08-20-2017

Longevity: 41%

So what were u selling?
Old 08-20-2017
Super Moderator

Sackler, have you read the stealth guide and created some accounts that you can start selling with again?

Keep us updated on what's happening. I know it's frustrating and scary at times, but we all have been there and we'll help you as much as we can.
The Following User Says Thank You to SaiJin For This Useful Post:
Sackler (08-20-2017)
Old 08-20-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootemup321 View Post
So what were u selling?
I was doing freelance stuff on Upwork and so on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
Sackler, have you read the stealth guide and created some accounts that you can start selling with again?

Keep us updated on what's happening. I know it's frustrating and scary at times, but we all have been there and we'll help you as much as we can.
I've read the guide.

I have created 1 new stealth account. I am in the process of making a few more as backups. I'll be traveling soon so I want to get that over with bc I won't have access to financial resources as much on the road. I'm not going to make more accounts until I open 1 or 2 bank accounts and get a few new IPs.

Last edited by Sackler; 08-20-2017 at 03:36 PM.
Old 08-21-2017
Super Moderator

If you have the guide, it'll show in your profile... and you can use the membership to get a free 6mo VIP access in this forum.