paypal limited due to first name verification - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 04-30-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 34%
Default paypal limited due to first name verification

Hello guys
Have been using paypal since 2003 and on April i excedeed the money limit. I received an email informing me that i received 2500 euro in total payments on my account. So i had to verify my account. Piece of cake i thought.

Problem starts now. When i first registered with paypal, i used my nickname as first name. So i used the name Bill (which is the english nickname of Vasileios, a greek name). I sent them my official id card and a electricity bill displaying my formal name (Vasileios). My last name is the same on both paypal and my id cards, etc. so last name is not a problem.
Paypal answered that they need more proof because the documents i sent them do not match my registered paypal name.
I called them and they adviced me to request a name change. Which also failed.

And today i was informed that
"When opening a PayPal account, we require that the information you enter is true and accurate. The name that you list as the contact name should match your legal name.
We've reviewed the documents you submitted and determined that the name on the PayPal account doesn't match the name on your ID. Therefore, we now need to permanently limit your account functionality. From now on, you can not send or receive money from this account."

Here is the interesting part:

If you wish to withdraw the money available in your balance, you need to provide the following documents:
- A proof of address. As proof of address we'll accept a copy of a utility bill (such as a phone, broadband, health insurance, gas, water or electricity), an official government or tax related letter, or any bank or credit card statement. The document must show your full name and address as they appear on your PayPal account and cannot be older than 12 months. The document must be fully legible.

My account has 500 euro which i need to withdraw. It might sound like a small amount of money but unfortunately in Greece 500 euros is like winning the lottery

What do i do? From what i understand i must forget my paypal account now that is limited (which is really really unfair based on the fact that i had been using it since 2003). Do i wait for the 6 months period to withdraw my money?
I am afraid that they might ask again for proof id then.

Any suggestions?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-30-2018
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%
Default Re: paypal limited due to first name verification

Wow! That's ridiculous! Everything else matches, just the first name is your nickname and they rejected that? I would call PayPal again and explain everything else matches and that is your nickname. Send in any documents they're requesting. They will still want that.

Start stealth.. try eBay Stealth; it'll get you started.
Old 05-03-2018
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 53%
Longevity: 91%

I feel you, I was in a similar predicament 10 years ago before I joined this forum.

Aspkin is right, call them up, give them an explanation and give them what they want. At this point, you got nothing to lose.

And while you are at it, I highly suggest you grab the eBay Stealth .

Personally I like to start things the best way in the correct order. This will give longetivity to the business.
Old 05-03-2018
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 39%

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
Wow! That's ridiculous! Everything else matches, just the first name is your nickname and they rejected that? I would call PayPal again and explain everything else matches and that is your nickname. Send in any documents they're requesting. They will still want that.

Start stealth.. try eBay Stealth; it'll get you started.
wow agreed this should be a easy call with paypal i would think
Old 05-03-2018
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 34%

The irony is that paypal europe announced 2 days ago the launch of paypal in the Greek language.

Anyway, their message center is just no sense. I have already contacted them once via phone (not easy to do since english is not my native language) but i think i wil re-try it again.
On the mean time, my 500 euro are still there :(
And i got the related message that in 6 months i will be able to withdraw my money.
Old 05-05-2018

Longevity: 55%

That seems ilogical of Paypal to me. They are asking you to supply the 'correct' name in order for you to withdraw your funds. If you were able to do this, your account should have no right in being limited or closed by defintion. So if they do accept this, make sure you follow up on this, and tell them, you want your account back, as you have jumped through the required hoops!

Best way to do this in my opinion, seeing as you have supplied all your real information is to just add 'William' or Bill' as your middle name to your ID, use a new licence to the one you have submitted obviously. (photoshop). Tell them you are sorry, and that some Id's dont require you to add your middle name, hence the mix up of first names. Worth a shot.
Old 05-08-2018

Longevity: 35%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptbill View Post
Hello guys
Have been using paypal since 2003 and on April i excedeed the money limit. I received an email informing me that i received 2500 euro in total payments on my account. So i had to verify my account. Piece of cake i thought.

Problem starts now. When i first registered with paypal, i used my nickname as first name. So i used the name Bill (which is the english nickname of Vasileios, a greek name). I sent them my official id card and a electricity bill displaying my formal name (Vasileios). My last name is the same on both paypal and my id cards, etc. so last name is not a problem.
Paypal answered that they need more proof because the documents i sent them do not match my registered paypal name.
I called them and they adviced me to request a name change. Which also failed.

And today i was informed that
"When opening a PayPal account, we require that the information you enter is true and accurate. The name that you list as the contact name should match your legal name.
We've reviewed the documents you submitted and determined that the name on the PayPal account doesn't match the name on your ID. Therefore, we now need to permanently limit your account functionality. From now on, you can not send or receive money from this account."

Here is the interesting part:

If you wish to withdraw the money available in your balance, you need to provide the following documents:
- A proof of address. As proof of address we'll accept a copy of a utility bill (such as a phone, broadband, health insurance, gas, water or electricity), an official government or tax related letter, or any bank or credit card statement. The document must show your full name and address as they appear on your PayPal account and cannot be older than 12 months. The document must be fully legible.

My account has 500 euro which i need to withdraw. It might sound like a small amount of money but unfortunately in Greece 500 euros is like winning the lottery
600$ aka 500€ is a good amount to be interested all around the world not only on Greece m8

Paypal not know that Bill is equal to Vasileios .
This a greek patent.
You have to work on that and give them what they are asking ...
Its reasonable now that asking proofs of id !