Limitation Station - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 08-27-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 32%
Exclamation Limitation Station

Okay, so any help would be greatly appreciated!
Just reading everything on this forum has helped me quite a bit but, I figure if I explain my situation, you guys may be able to give me some advice that I have not picked out for myself. Any and all information, advice and tips are welcome. Thanks!
I have had an eBay and PayPal for quite a while, but for the first year of having them I wasn't actively selling on eBay. I did use my PayPal account but not so much for eBay purposes. And I also have a business PayPal account.
About two months ago I posted my first item and it sold and then I was off and running....
I started selling pretty fast. I really wasn't too informed on everything until recently. So ignorantly, I began selling and everything was going fine. eBay upped my selling limits twice and when I would sell an item it would instantly be available in my PayPal account. I was really enjoying the benefits and continued doing what I was doing.
THEN...I had a pretty horrible buyer.....He ordered like 5 orders from me one after another.....but all within the first 30 days. When I noticed his orders I had a weird feeling about them but went ahead with them because they were pretty high dollar amount and I figured that I would be stupid to deny the cash....But then it happened. He contacted me wanting a return.....I tried to work with him but he was a complete asshole. He was returning it because the package smelled as smoke.( which I knew was just a lie because I don't smoke but ohwell, scamming happens you know?)
eBay reassured me that was not even a legit reason to do a return and that they would help me through the process. I was thankful at first because they really seemed like they were going to help me and have my back if need be. Well when it came down to it, right when I needed them..... in the middle of the whole thing I got restricted. I had completed 2/5 returns and right before the biggest one they restricted. It was very stressful to say the least. And before I could get tot the ATM to get my money guess what???? YUP now my PayPal is limited.

So this is where I am.....because I am "pretty creative" I was able to submit the ID, Invoice, purchase agreement/bill of sale, and even a receipt when they requested documents from me. They wanted proof of purchase so I uploaded what I was able to "find in my records". I submitted the same documents to PayPal and eBay. Now eBay is saying that I need to do more, They are claiming that the invoice submitted does not show proof of purchase, and go on to suggest that I submit a bank statement. This really confuses me because initially they only asked for invoices or receipts. And now that I gave it to them, it doesn't meet their needs.

But, Like I said, I am pretty creative......so again, I submitted what they asked for....I am waiting to hear back form eBay. And I haven't heard from PayPal at all. I didn't have a supplier or business info to submit to PayPal so I wrote a letter explaining my situation. In the letter I explain that I am just an ignorant newbie seller and will do everything I can to supply them with what I can, but explain that I do not have a business. I didn't know what else to do. I have no business or supplier. So I just got creative and tried to play stupid.

Any input, suggestion or advice? I am freaking out! I have rent to pay and all my money was in that account. But I'm starting to accept that I wont be able to get it.

Silent Observer

Also is the 180 day rule true? or can I ever get my money?
Thanks In Advance!

Last edited by TGMT²; 08-28-2018 at 04:19 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-27-2018
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Limitation Station

So....thanks for the help in pm. But just so you all know....PayPal just restored access to my account!!!!! And I'm still waiting to hear back from eBay! Stay tuned.
Old 08-28-2018

Longevity: 44%

glad you had that sorted out! I had a buyer using stolen accounts purchase from me and paypal said i was in on it and permabanned me. they didn't care that i reported it to the FBI or anything... ended my job overnight.
Old 09-03-2018
Threadstarter  

Well it turned out eBay has kicked me to the curb even though Paypal has restored access to my account!!! Is this normal? I kinda thought if Paypal gave me the green light, that eBay would and vise versa. I guess I thought they talked more. Is there any way to get my eBay account back???
Old 09-03-2018
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,536 Times in 2,190 Posts
Activity: 71%
Longevity: 91%

Nope, they are always like this.

If I were you... I'd not waste my time with a suspended account at this early stage anymore.

I recommend getting the eBay Stealth and start fresh with it.
The Following User Says Thank You to SaiJin For This Useful Post:
Silent_Observer (09-14-2018)