Paypal account limited... For a 3 dollar trade... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 11-10-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 31%
Default Paypal account limited... For a 3 dollar trade...

(Limited account is my main account, linked with my debit card, which I have used in every single purchase, and the Paypal has been used in trades successfully, with no one charging back or complains of any sort)

(Have this account for years with no issues, just today this happened...)

I'll add my post I added on Reddit... Since I found this place, might have some luck finding suggestions on how to proceed...

Well, looks like I was getting super rich, so Paypal randomly decided to limit my account for that 3$ trade.

Now, I have to provide the information below to restore my account:

- Upload a photo ID (Impossible to fail as it is my account linked with my own card... Unless I do something stupid, I have a 100% chance of success with this one)

- Provide proof of fulfillment (Ok... Nice curve ball there... The trade was done for a digital product, though, and it's the only transaction that needs to be given information for... So not sure what to provide here... The guy got his stuff and I got the cash, no problem... Still have the cash as well, since the trade was done with a friend of mine I trust).

- Provide purchase receipt from your supplier (Uhhhh... Instead of a curve ball, it hits me in the face at 110 km/h, right in the throat... I have no idea what to say here as I have no supplier at all! The items are purely virtual, from a game! (Steam, by the way)

- Provide information on account activity (It seems I have to provide a description on the same transaction I did with my friend... Seems simple enough, right? Well... I was looking around the Net, seeing people with limited accounts... Simple seems very unlikely so far...)

Any help with any of this, please? Any suggestion? Or am I "permanently" (Temporarily, I know, but the information I have to give seems too much and impossible to provide, unless someone clarifies what I gotta do) limited from making purchases?

Because it is completely outrageous that I got limited like a criminal for a completed and successful trade for 3$!

I have anxiety issues, an urinary issue that has been under control (not fully cured), and I have trouble finding a job that I have resorted to get peanuts on Steam to afford low-cost games... And now they do this to me when all I wanted was to get a Google Play gift card for my account to buy games?

C'mon, man... There are people trading for thousands (and scammers at worse) and doesn't get this ****...

Just help me a bit here to get out of this, please.

Thank you for reading...

Last edited by TindalosKeeper; 11-10-2018 at 02:13 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-10-2018
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 54%
Default Re: Paypal account limited... For a 3 dollar trade...

got the same, probably best to provide them with what they are asking 4
Old 11-10-2018
Threadstarter  

Your response doesn't help me as I need to know what to do.

What documents are they asking, from what I posted above...

So I don't mess my chances of recovering my account, or get it locked up forever...

If someobody is kind enough to help me a bit with info, that would be great.
Old 11-11-2018
Executive [VIP]

First things first... they can't see the name on your card so you could theoretically upload a photo ID.

For the rest idk as you sell digital products. My wild guess would be that the account is pretty much toast.

Just an advise for the future: don't sell digital products right away. Paypal don't like that and deems those high risk. Grow the account first, then start selling digital products.

For more info read the forum, use search function for "paypal and digital products". Also read the Stealth Book and you'll find what you need.
Old 11-11-2018
Threadstarter  

Toast? Are you serious?

I have that account for years and I have traded digital stuff like that without any problem, now they want to temporarily limit my account for 3$?

The thing is, they want me to declare that 3$ transaction, and nothing else... Which is VERY petty, to say the least...

I'd have a very ****ing good laugh if I lose my account over that much... It's just so ****ing stupid.

I saw around you can give them a call as well, because c'mon... 3 dollars and they are holding it hostage? Support should see that is just too petty... I'd be willing to give my ID, no problem, nothing to hide (This is my first time with a limited Paypal, no Stealth accounts, nothing)... But the rest I have no idea what to provide as the trade was for a virtual object in exchange for money (Like a key from CS:GO, to give an example, which was traded as friends and family).

Anyways, I'll just try and give them a call later, it's Sunday... Do they attend people at that time? I only got to see the phone number, but not the service time...

EDIT: OH! Before I go, question... Has anybody got their account locked up permanently (Keep in mind, my account is temporarily locked, just need to provide documents and I can recover the account), for less money than me, or for anything else pettier than that?

Last edited by TindalosKeeper; 11-11-2018 at 12:32 PM.
Old 11-11-2018

Longevity: 53%

Your account is probably toast, if it is real send them what they asked for.
Old 11-11-2018

Longevity: 33%

If your account is legit, then call them and explain. PayPal isn’t all bad. They have good reps who can help. Everyone on this forum seems to be scared to call, but in my eyes, it makes the account seem more legit if it calls in with an issue.

Plenty of us have had accounts just limited out of the blue. PayPal does whatever they want, and you have to comply. That’s he name of the game.

Just call them and explain.
Old 11-11-2018
Threadstarter  

It is my main account... My account has been 8 years active, with no issues whatsoever, until now.

If by "real", you mean "main", then yes, it is my real account. It is a personal account, though... Not a business one.

"if it is real send them what they asked for."

Sure, I could... But I have no idea what to give as "proof of fulfillment" or "receipt from supplier", because the items have no supplier, and the only proof of fulfillment I can give is the completion of the trade itself, as far as I can think...

Anything else that can work would be great in knowing...

I have somewhat done trades with other people for virtual items before (Serial keys from Humble Bundle, items from Steam, etc), and I bought the same virtual stuff before (Huh... Strange that they don't persecute me for giving them cash, right?), and the trades are done maybe once or twice per MONTH! (Since I don't even work, I just get a bit of money from those trades, or I get money and deposit it in my account to buy my own stuff... I'd understand if they see suspicious that I do 100 trades of physical goods every week, but 1 trade of a virtual item after one MONTH of INACTIVITY?!!! C'mon, man... I can't think on a curse for this one)

But this? I'm just speechless... And yes, I'm scared... Scared because I may talk to some robot on the end of that phone, telling me they will not unlock my account because I have been doing "illegal" ****... Well... I must be the worse money launderer/scammer/thief in the history of mankind if I launder 3-10$ every goddamn month from other people that trades with me... (Hint: It is not the case...)

My account is PRISTINE (Not a single chargeback, every trade successful, and the 3$ are still there, which should mean my friend is satisfied with the keys I sent him), and I have paid from Paypal for years with no issues as well... My account is also verified, with my debit card registered there (My main card, though... I have no other card)

This crap must be a mistake, or a false positive, I'm sure... Because, Jesus... 3$? I really can't talk to them in my mind state, or I'd probably rage on them like a mother****er, specially if they start with their (not sure about this, but I've experienced this before with other customer support... Not money related or anything) canned responses...

Want proof of all of this? I can show proof, no ****ing problem. Want my ID?, no ****ing problem as well... I have nothing to hide, and I have A LOT to lose (My ability to buy with Paypal is a bad thing to lose already...) Hell... Even if they want my 8$ that I have in my Paypal balance, they can ****ing have it, as well...

And you know the best part? I tried calling them... But the damned one-time code doesn't work properly, because they can't find the account associated to it... (It says there's technical issues... Great timing, right?)

So... As of now, enjoy the story of a guy who got his 8 year old account slowly destroyed for 3$...

Many thanks, Paypal... Let the big CSGO gambling sites go rampant, and **** the honest people over...

Last edited by TindalosKeeper; 11-11-2018 at 05:07 PM.
Old 11-11-2018

I guess you ignored my message.

Give them a call and explain.
Old 11-11-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forum - all the best as you master stealth

Try to aim for shorter posts OP - hard on the eyes to read all of this sometimes
Old 11-11-2018
Threadstarter  

I'm sorry, had to vent a bit my frustration...

Anyways, I did read your post, ouako. But they are having technical difficulties (The one time code doesn't identify a username when I punch the code...), so I'm sitting here, waiting for them to fix their stuff...

Will try again tomorrow... Sorry for the long posts, just angry and scared of my situation (Scared as of now)
Old 11-12-2018
Executive [VIP]

My bad, didn't read the whole lord of the ring saga in the OP.

Sorry, I thought it was a new stealth account and this was the first trade on it.

If it's an old account with all your legit details and if there aren't too many cases brought against you in the recent time, then indeed it would be the best idea to just call in. Sending mails is waste of time.
Old 11-19-2018
Threadstarter  

UPDATE!

My account was just restored!

I followed some advice from some people to add an explanation on why I can't add certain stuff (Like a note in JPG, telling them I can't give supplier info because it is a virtual trade and it is protected with Buyer's Protection and all that, in Spanish).

Then I went to send a message in Twitter to an English Paypal support, which re-located my case to be reviewed... 5 minutes later, I got an e-mail, telling me that my account was restored.

Goddamn... All I had to do was send a message to Twitter to solve this crap... Thanks for the anxiety, Paypal... I'm planning to take those 8$ out of my account, anyways...
Old 11-19-2018

Smile Re: Paypal account limited... For a 3 dollar trade...

You have plenty of options to do here actually. First upload the proof/s that they're asking, ID's, transaction receipts or whatnot. However, since you're selling digital goods, then it would be best if you give them a call and settle whatever needs to be settled. I am pretty sure they can reinstate your account just so you give them a ring and ask what needs to be done and what you need to do to avoid such hassle in the future. 🤓👍🏻
Old 11-20-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by TindalosKeeper View Post
UPDATE!

My account was just restored!

I followed some advice from some people to add an explanation on why I can't add certain stuff (Like a note in JPG, telling them I can't give supplier info because it is a virtual trade and it is protected with Buyer's Protection and all that, in Spanish).

Then I went to send a message in Twitter to an English Paypal support, which re-located my case to be reviewed... 5 minutes later, I got an e-mail, telling me that my account was restored.

Goddamn... All I had to do was send a message to Twitter to solve this crap... Thanks for the anxiety, Paypal... I'm planning to take those 8$ out of my account, anyways...
Told you All you needed to do was contact them and explain. Never hurts. Especially once an account is limited.

I try to explain this to people. Basically, if you account is already limited, there is only two things that could happen. Either the account stays limited, or they release it. Since you account was a real account, and you were not doing anything sketchy, they would probably un-limit it

Glad everything worked out! I recommend starting a few stealth accounts and slowly growing them in-case this ever happens again to you.
Old 11-28-2018

Longevity: 34%

Same happens to me, I have been selling digital goods on ebay and they have Limited my account
Requiring documents:
1) Photo ID
2) proof of Delivery
3) supplier Receipt

1) ID is no issue for me as its my own account.
2) For Proof there is option that transaction require no tracking num, choose this option then they will ask explanation for that how. just explain to then its Digital item.
3) This 1 is the most riskiest Step and Luckily i got passed through. i just bought Item From official Reseller of Utility software (antivirust security) and after purchasing they provide Full receipt for that which got excepted by paypal. Although there is not a single item on that receipt which i am selling on ebay still it got excepted
Old 12-08-2018
Threadstarter  

Hey, guys. I'm gonna post here what I did to recover my account. I decided to do this because I wouldn't leave somebody without any answer... If you expected one sooner, well... I apologize for not being faster.

Upload a photo ID: Just uploading your citizen ID is enough... Not sure if you can send ⊗⊗⊗⊗ ID's or something, but if you get limited again... Send the same ID again... And keep the ID you sent to Paypal...

Provide proof of fulfillment: For this one, I sent the confirmation of the trade I did with my friend... At first, I sent multiple pictures, telling them about the trade made, the mail where Paypal tells you it got deposited, and then the mail where I got limited... I was asked to do it again... So I just sent just the pic of the trade being successful, and telling them exactly the same thing in the note. That got through nicely.

Provide purchase receipt from your supplier: Obviously, I had no supplier. The items are merely virtual. I searched around and found a guy who had something I risked myself in doing... I used Paint 3D to make a black card, and in there, I typed this... "I can't fulfill this requirements because the supplier is non-existant. The item is from a virtual game and this is protected by Buyer's Protection, so I'm not breaking any rules. The only proof I have is that my friend hasn't charged the money back, so I did a trade with a trusted person..." Now you can add some soap opera crap, begging and stuff to get your account back... It did worked, lol. That guy was a savior.

Provide information on account activity: For this, just explain the reason of the amount you got or you sent (Not sure about sent, they don't argue with you when you pay their taxes, lol). I told them it was a trade between friends for virtual items. After sending the explanation, that part was instantly confirmed. Leaving me with the upper 3 points unsolved.

Once you have all that stuff done, try contacting them on Facebook or Twitter. My problem was solved by an English Customer Support (And I use Spanish, lol). Facebook took almost A MONTH to get to me again... While Twitter was very swift, and actually they got my account unbanned from there, I think. Told them there was a false-positive with my limited account, so they saw it was true, I guess... Not sure, but it worked for me, thankfully.

And that's all!

Hope someone finds this info useful, because as of now, I still have my account up and running, unlimited and fine

If you have other stuff to send, try lurking around, but some other steps are easier to do (Depending if your account is actually legit... I don't use any other account, like a ghost one). Ask in Reddit or around here.

Well, guys. Have a good day

Last edited by TindalosKeeper; 12-08-2018 at 08:55 AM.
Old 12-08-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Congrats are in order TindalosKeeper