This is hopeless!!!!!!!! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 87%
Send a message via Yahoo to IDK
Default This is hopeless!!!!!!!!

I recently had my account limited. As do everyone I had to jump through all the hoops. I provided every single thing they requested. All my papers are legit. I got $1500 locked up. I been going through this merry-go-round for 2 weeks!! I finally expected to see this limit raised after talking to paypal, and them telling me the only thing I needed to do was upload invoices, but no. Instead I get a email that says.

We're sorry, but we cannot restore full access to your account until we
receive additional information. Please provide a copy of each of the
following items:

Item xxxx is a copyrighted
item and is available for sale only by authorized dealers. Please provide
the authorization documents you received to become an authorized re-seller.

WTF are they talking about!! 99.9% of everything on eBay is copyrighted! I'm not an authorized re-seller, nor was I pulled by VeRo. My items are being drop-shipped. What do they want from me!! This is a nightmare!!!!

Last edited by TGMT²; 08-04-2009 at 02:47 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-04-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

Uh. Certain products are restricted in real life. Some companies only allow licensed and authorized individuals to market their goods. Obviously you have chosen one of those products. Unless you are licensed, you are taking big risks trying to sell. And having that drop shipped pretty much means artificial goods. Which eBay don't like at all.

I wouldn't try spoofing the paperwork on that one. Kiss the account goodbye, start over with a new one. And don't sell items of that caliber unless you want to do this again.
Old 08-04-2009

Longevity: 85%

Sorry to hear about your troubles! In my experience some drop ship companies will inform you which of there product can be sold on eBay and which can't. In addition there may be MAP pricing that needs to be followed. Check with your drops ship company maybe even give them a call and tell them. If they're allowing you to sell product on ebay question them about your situation.
Old 08-04-2009
Threadstarter  

My thing is... This is not an eBay issue. It is a paypal issue. That is the whole purpose of the VeRo program is not? To stop unauthorized sales of certain products? If the rights owner, and eBay are not complaining. Who is paypal to govern that? It's not like I was asked to stop selling the product. That would have been suffice enough. Furthermore, this authorized re-seller stuff is bullsh*t because there are hundreds of these products being sold on eBay right now. I also found out that this company does not allow it's authorized re-sellers to sell on eBay, not other people. It's very popular on Amazon as well. Is there a way to get documentation from the company stating that it does not allow any re-sellers?
Old 08-04-2009
Vicvelcro

Paypal is paypal, and since they handle your money - that's who they are to govern however they want. What you gonna do about it? Seriously, though - be realistic and plan for what is real. Wishing and complaining don't change that.

However many are being sold is not relevant. YOU are the one being singled out. And if you aren't authorized, you aren't legit. And that's the end of it unless and until you get a reseller contract with them. You took a chance and you lost.

You are dropshipping. You know the game you are playing. Play it and accept what comes. Paypal is minimizing it's risk. That's what they do. Nothing new about that.

You'll have to contact the company for the deposition you are asking about. They will tell you.
Old 08-04-2009

Longevity: 90%

Quote:
Originally Posted by thablewprnt View Post
I recently had my account limited. As do everyone I had to jump through all the hoops. I provided every single thing they requested. All my papers are legit. I got $1500 locked up. I been going through this merry-go-round for 2 weeks!! I finally expected to see this limit raised after talking to paypal, and them telling me the only thing I needed to do was upload invoices, but no. Instead I get a email that says.

We're sorry, but we cannot restore full access to your account until we
receive additional information. Please provide a copy of each of the
following items:

Item xxxx is a copyrighted
item and is available for sale only by authorized dealers. Please provide
the authorization documents you received to become an authorized re-seller.

WTF are they talking about!! 99.9% of everything on eBay is copyrighted! I'm not an authorized re-seller, nor was I pulled by VeRo. My items are being drop-shipped. What do they want from me!! This is a nightmare!!!!
what did you sell?
Old 08-05-2009

Yes I agree with nobody. What were you selling? I also just started selling high risk items and it would be disastrous if this happened. Please if you don't mind.
Old 08-05-2009

Curious it is i am as well what you were selling. Would Paypal hold your money for 180 or so before releasing funds? Or is it if you don't produce documents, they would simply keep your money? Lastly, could this have been prevented with using a merchant account opposed to using Paypal?
Old 08-05-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
My thing is... This is not an eBay issue. It is a paypal issue. That is the whole purpose of the VeRo program is not? To stop unauthorized sales of certain products? If the rights owner, and eBay are not complaining. Who is paypal to govern that? It's not like I was asked to stop selling the product. That would have been suffice enough. Furthermore, this authorized re-seller stuff is rubbish because there are hundreds of these products being sold on eBay right now. I also found out that this company does not allow it's authorized re-sellers to sell on eBay, not other people. It's very popular on Amazon as well. Is there a way to get documentation from the company stating that it does not allow any re-sellers?
It is an issue because paypal want to control the money made from ebay sales. When you decide to pick an item to sell that has a high profit then check exactly IF you will be able to do it OK. No point in looking at a dozen or so sellers on ebay & saying 'they sell it so it's OK'. Means you assume... means that you....have problems
Old 08-06-2009
Threadstarter  

^That's perfectly logical. Last time I check there wasn't a list of things that are not OK to sell on eBay posted anywhere. Further more, before I sell ANYTHING, I'm going to do research on it to see how it is doing on eBay. A fair amount of sellers (130-145) had listings. I watched top selling sellers to see if any listings were removed, or suspend, and they all did well. Once again, normally it's a issue with eBay when you sell flagged items, not paypal, but whatever. They are gonna hold the funds for 6mo. Since I didn't have any problems with eBay, I will be going with my CCnow account for my next account. I am done with Paypal for good.
Old 08-06-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts

Thable, that's the way to go. paypal always changes what it does. This time last year or before this was more of an ebay issue: now paypal is doing the nasty work.

This thread has good info on an approach for 'doing' ebay.
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-di...wholesale.html
Old 08-06-2009

Longevity: 89%

move on. get a new one. no need to waste time in this case. $1500 is still yours after 180 days.

Paypal needs "tip" which equals to interests by holding more & more people's $$$ with their "reasonable" reasons.

U see the police getting their camera up shooting the traffic by the roadside, firing tickets up to speeding people. The funny truth is, over 95% accidents in USA are not because of speeding. It's just one of their ways to make more $

Paypal works the same way...
Old 08-07-2009
Threadstarter  

Hey thanks for the words of confidence guys. It sucks, but as vicvelcro said, it's the risk we take. I'd rather have 100 closed accounts than work a 9 to 5. I was making 2000 net a day. I would be a fool to let them get me down over a measly 1500. Time to get back on the saddle!
Old 08-07-2009
Vicvelcro

Think your scenario thoroughly. Plan for everything you KNOW is going to happen at some point. Expect problems.

Factor all that data into your listing info, terms of sale, shipping procedure, and price.

Have a backup plan ready, in case you get a limit or a suspension. Keep your money where it belongs (your bank or your pocket).

Delays and setbacks are part of the game. So is the occasional scam.

Deal with everything in the best manner you are able to. Being the best requires being prepared.

You'll be alright, if you keep that in mind.
Old 08-09-2009

Quote:
Hey thanks for the words of confidence guys. It sucks, but as vicvelcro said, it's the risk we take. I'd rather have 100 closed accounts than work a 9 to 5. I was making 2000 net a day. I would be a fool to let them get me down over a measly 1500. Time to get back on the saddle!
What the heck are you selling that you're netting $2k/day? Man am I in the wrong penny-ante inventory
Old 08-09-2009

Longevity: 88%

Really, any of us selling on Ebay and using Paypal is a risky gamble. But, my question is not what was being sold, but why let that much $$ in Paypal? I pull out my funds daily - even when it is $50.00.

And I don't net near as $2000 a day, but I play the game with enough accounts and bring in around $700 a day - and that is selling $5.00 items. So legit. So vero. Evens out in the long run. But, I am building accounts daily and hope to do close to $2000 a day. My husband is close to being considered legally disabled and won't be able to work his job anymore. So, he is coming to work with me in the business.
Old 08-10-2009
Threadstarter  

My account only had 86 feedbacks. Paypal was holding just about all my payments, so I had to ship a lot out of pocket. Once I knew I had a hot product I got greedy... Real greedy. I made 1 listing using featured first. By that time I was also able to use UK visibility. My dropshipper shipped for free, but I added 20 bucks for the hell of it for international shipping. I put a quantity of 20, and they were all sold that day. I then put up another auction with a quantity of 30, and they were gone just as fast. I managed to get a few thousand out through good feedback, and older sales that went past 21 days, then all the sudden paypal stop holding my payments, I took out all my money only leaving enough for my supplier. Ebay took 345 for fees, then within the next hour I got limited LMAO. I am not new to eBay BTW, but this wasn't a stealth account. All the info was my brothers, so I was able to supply info quickly.(though I spoofed the address on the ID, and invoices)
Old 11-22-2009

Longevity: 84%

I guess we'll never know what he was selling. I can take a good guess on where the dropshipper may be located though, dropshopping + lot's of money = China
Old 11-23-2009

Longevity: 88%

My dropshipper is in China and charges $0.00 for shipping. I add a few dollars - depending on the item. Most people plan to pay shipping anyways.
Closed Thread