PayPal Limited My Account... Any Work Arounds? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 08-12-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 85%
Default PayPal Limited My Account... Any Work Arounds?

I created an alias with a false name, address (out of state), credit card, etc... and PayPal put a hold on my eBay and PayPal accounts asking for SSN, invoices, etc. Obviously, I can't provide that and I'm wondering if there is any way to get the money (~$300) from the PayPal account!

Thanks!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-13-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

The ~$300 will be on hold for 180 days unless you remove the limitation. You probably didn't set up the account in such a way that allows you to do so. Do NOT close the bank account that is attached to the Paypal. At the end of 180 days, they will allow you to transfer the funds out to that bank or you can choose to get a check by mail made payable to the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name.

If you followed the stealth guide when you created the account, there may be something you can do, even if it doesn't seem obvious to you.
Old 08-13-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicvelcro View Post
The ~$300 will be on hold for 180 days unless you remove the limitation. You probably didn't set up the account in such a way that allows you to do so. Do NOT close the bank account that is attached to the Paypal. At the end of 180 days, they will allow you to transfer the funds out to that bank or you can choose to get a check by mail made payable to the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name.

If you followed the stealth guide when you created the account, there may be something you can do, even if it doesn't seem obvious to you.
It was only a temporary account, so it is closed already. I'm guessing this means there's nothing I can do!
Old 08-13-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Wait & have that windfall later in the year. Leave all info as it is until you get the money.
Old 08-13-2009
Vicvelcro

You can still get a check at the end of 180 days. The check will be mailed to the address PP has on file and it will be payable to the name PP has on file. I hope you used an address where you can retrieve that check. If you used a crap address, you're pretty much doomed with this one.

In the future, I recommend you not create such a flimsy account. Use a real address. Use a bank account that belongs to you and isn't a 'one day' account. Unless you intend for the PP to only last a short time.

If you want to have longevity, you need to create the PP in a more substantial manner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milkandrelish View Post
It was only a temporary account, so it is closed already. I'm guessing this means there's nothing I can do!
Old 08-13-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
You can still get a check at the end of 180 days. The check will be mailed to the address PP has on file and it will be payable to the name PP has on file. I hope you used an address where you can retrieve that check. If you used a crap address, you're pretty much doomed with this one.

In the future, I recommend you not create such a flimsy account. Use a real address. Use a bank account that belongs to you and isn't a 'one day' account. Unless you intend for the PP to only last a short time.

If you want to have longevity, you need to create the PP in a more substantial manner.
I can't have my paypal account be traceable to me so using a bank account that actually belongs to me is out of the question. The address isn't accessible either- I'll make one closer to where I live next time.

Now my problem is - I can't find a temporary account that I can open with a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name... do VCC accounts even associate a name with them? Does paypal check this name or just numbers? What are some good sites that either create a VCC account with no name attached or can be opened in a false name.
Old 08-13-2009
Vicvelcro

You can use a real bank account in your real name without it being firmly traceable. Seach it.

If you continue to use temp accounts, consider your ebay and paypal accounts to be temporary too. In other words - you can expect frequent problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milkandrelish View Post
I can't have my paypal account be traceable to me so using a bank account that actually belongs to me is out of the question. The address isn't accessible either- I'll make one closer to where I live next time.

Now my problem is - I can't find a temporary account that I can open with a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name... do VCC accounts even associate a name with them? Does paypal check this name or just numbers? What are some good sites that either create a VCC account with no name attached or can be opened in a false name.
Old 08-13-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

^^^try not to duplicate question,milkandrelish. I'll close the other thread.
Read the forum as well.
Old 08-13-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
^^^try not to duplicate question,milkandrelish. I'll close the other thread.
Read the forum as well.
Sorry- started out as different threads!

When I open a VCC is that account associated with a name? Does PayPal even check names when you add a credit card to your paypal account? Any VCC that I can use a false name with?
Old 08-14-2009
Vicvelcro

Depending on the VCC, it may not be associated with anything until you complete the data. Paypal can not check the name, in most cases. Use a real name with the VCC, but tell Paypal any name you like.

Example:
Buy VCC in the name John Smith, 123 Main Street, Beverly Hills, CA. 90210
Tell Paypal Richard Kranium, 123 Naked Lane, Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Street number matches. Zip code matches.

It's fine.
Old 08-14-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Depending on the VCC, it may not be associated with anything until you complete the data. Paypal can not check the name, in most cases. Use a real name with the VCC, but tell Paypal any name you like.

Example:
Buy VCC in the name John Smith, 123 Main Street, Beverly Hills, CA. 90210
Tell Paypal Richard Kranium, 123 Naked Lane, Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Street number matches. Zip code matches.

It's fine.
Gotchya. Thanks! Now I'm having serious trouble finding somewhere to get a VCC. My home address is a P.O. Box and I'm looking to get a VCC from somewhere soon. Can you recommend any that I can get instantly? I've searched the forums but all the bank accounts require non- PO Box addresses and there isn't much info on websites to get a VCC.
Old 08-14-2009
Vicvelcro

That's definitely sticky. A lot of VCCs don't work anymore. Died within the past month or so. Some of us don't use them very often, and don't know which are current. Those who DO know which are current, they're smart enough not to mention it in a public forum. If they did mention the good ones, those good ones would be dead pretty quick. That's pretty much what recently happened.

I have not used a VCC since April. Most of the time, I use a different means.

I've never used a P.O. Box either, because of the problem you are having. I use other means. But, since VCC is not sent by mail, you can use your actual street address to place the order. Just make sure you register the VCC to the name and address associated with the Paypal account.

Instead of stumbling around looking for info on how to do it the way you THINK you want to do it, try the stealth guide and use that to outline the options you COULD be using. Choose which would suit your purpose best. Then come back here to search current info on your NEW methods of choice.

The forum is more to post/find updated info for those who use the stealth guide as a BASE. Information changes from time to time, and no ebook could be updated fast enough to keep up with those changes. But most of the Stealth Guide is valid with SOME changes dealt with here.