Limited because of gift card nightmares - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 08-13-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 85%
Default Limited because of gift card nightmares

I bought a gift card code on ebay and they ended up recruiting me to sell gift card codes on ebay for several dept. stores. Dumb...I know now! After a few weeks of selling them some of my buyers reported there was nothing on the codes and fraud was reported (not sure if problem at supplier end or someone hacked my computer) and I issued refunds and quit selling the codes. Then ebay removed some of my listings and paypal limited my account with this msg. "our system found unusual activity associated with your PayPal and eBay accounts that present a potential high risk". I confirmed my address (sev wks) and now they want proof of sufficient inventory for several of my gift card code transactions. My "supplier" is ignoring me now and there is really nothing I can give paypal other than emails or his passport info. I have since learned it is against ebay policy to sell gift card codes, yet they are still being sold, and I bought one. Supplier first sent me the codes in emails and then set up a website where I could pick them up. Always paid him at a western union place. I know, it was stupid for me to get involved in this but I was told it was all legit but now I realize it was prob fraud. I'm afraid paypal will not understand and I have always had 100% feedback and never had a problem with ebay or paypal. I've got a balance in my paypal account....and I want my acct. restored. Ebay acct. is ok. Can you please help me? Is there anything I can do? What should I tell them? I don't want to dig my own grave? Thank you!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-14-2009

Activity: 22%

Unfortunately I think your accounts are a write off.
Old 08-14-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

Re: #1

Something is 'off' here. I find it hard to believe that you are savvy enough to push a mouse, yet you fell so deep past so many warning signs and no-nos. I mean, a deaf man coulda seen that coming.

Every single sentence of the OP has at least two glaringly obvious flaws. Let me point out just a few, and we can stipulate these are sufficient to forget your @ss.

To say your ebay acct is ok makes this impossible to swallow. ebay would have been the first to go, in the universe where I grew up.

How is it you happen to be in possession of the passport copy? The person was allegedly dodging you and running train up your buns. But you have the passport copy...

Codes offsite from a phoney website but maybe buyers mad because *your* computer got hacked... Um, WTF does one have to do with the other?!?

Maybe I'm nun 2 br'eye't. Pull the other one now, so I don't walk with a limp all day.

Even giving your flim-flam the utmost benefit of the doubt, if you are THAT stupid, you deserve to be suckered and are too far gone for us to redeem.

If you've got some free time though, you can maybe list some Mac Book vouchers for me and just MG the BIN price to me right before you list. When the buyers pay you, you can keep whatever you collect and I'll drop ship.

Cheers.

Last edited by Vicvelcro; 08-14-2009 at 08:21 AM.
Old 08-14-2009

Longevity: 86%

I will sell you some PS3's, £75 each (roughly 115$), inc FREE worldwide shipping.

Western Union only. cheers dude
Old 08-14-2009
Threadstarter  

Vic-I'm not making up any of this and I can tell from what you posted that you have made even bigger mistakes in your life than I have. Am I right? Everyone of us has and at least I don't waste my life writing rude posts to people on a website. This site is for helping people and providing useful advice, not being a jerk. Also, I asked for the passport copy to verify who he was before I began selling and I asked a lot of questions too. It is possible for people to be selling legit codes and I thought he was. I know, you think you are perfect....HAHA!
Old 08-14-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

Nice try. Reverse psychology. Good one. I learned that year 2 of college.

You said yourself we're here to help with useful advice. Putting a scam-job back on ebay helps nobody. Especially us.

I'm a jerk to you maybe. But not to the honest people here, newcomer. If you'd lurked a while before blowing smoke up our giggies, you'd have kept your comment well stashed.

You weren't selling legit codes. You knew you were up to no good.

Evacuate your bladder in the plane parallel to a vertical cluster of triple helix hemp, mon frere.

[edit to add]
You know what? Here:
Since you can't provide what they want - and if you did they'd ding you for the ebay stunt - expect your funds to be stuck for 180 days. At the end of that time, you can withdraw funds to the account that was registered to Paypal.

Make new stealth accounts and behave.

Last edited by Vicvelcro; 08-14-2009 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Added
Old 08-15-2009

Longevity: 90%

Quote:
Originally Posted by getaroundebay View Post
I will sell you some PS3's, £75 each (roughly 115$), inc FREE worldwide shipping.

Western Union only. cheers dude
Have to admit I lol'd