Notification of Limited Account Access RXI020 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 08-26-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Default Notification of Limited Account Access RXI020

Quote:
We are very sorry, but in accordance with the PayPal User Agreement, we are
no longer able to have you as a customer.

We have had to close your account for the following reason:

Our system detected an unusual use of funds from a bank account linked to
your PayPal account.
Received this after adding a bank account. Three of 5 accounts were limited this morning. I added the bank info yesterday, each on different IP, different user accounts.

I added them one after the other though, with same bank routing (different accounts, of course).

Could this be the reason? It's the only thing I can see...

The accounts were not even confirmed yet and the bank account had never been used (it was fresh...)... so the bank was not yet linked. Obviously.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-26-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

Could be the bank?
Old 08-26-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

Possibly adding several bank accounts from the same routing code too close together (time-wise) could have done it. Maybe the bank was already on their list of suspects already? Maybe the bank is in cahoots with PP and gave up your personal info (real name on bank - which wouldn't match stealth info).

What I mean is: Say I live in the 90218 zip code and use that on all my stealth accounts. Now, say I add bank to 5 of my stealths in the same day. What are the odds that 5 unrelated accounts would do that in the same day from THAT zip code?
Old 08-26-2009
Threadstarter  

It was definitely the bank. Some banks actually don't like it if you try to deposit money from an account that doesn't match the name. In this case it was the bank that went haywire and somehow tipped Paypal.

Looks like this bank requires Paypal matches the name the bank has on file.

Oh well, lesson learned!
Old 08-26-2009
Vicvelcro

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Entirely possible. It would help if the OP said what bank was involved.
Old 08-26-2009
Threadstarter  

Capital One Bank. First thing I tried to do after I read my paypal you are limited and we don't want you as customer e-mail after waking up was to head to the internet banking portal, and I was locked out.

Since the original message doesn't make sense (how could the bank account attached be used for weird funds, it had no balance whatsoever) I expect the bank tried to do a withdrawal for like 5000$, knowing it would get me banned from paypal (since its paypal's deposit that tipped them off in the first place)

First time I saw that. Them, then IGN who works with Paypal. Meh
Old 08-26-2009
Threadstarter  

This is all I could find when researching that e-mail code.

The Following User Says Thank You to TigerLord For This Useful Post:
dee (12-30-2009)
Old 08-26-2009

Longevity: 89%

paypalsucks.com is on the AVG block list. I can't access it unless I turn the AVG off.

Here is the detail reason from AVG:

Dangerous: This page contains active threats.
Risk Category: Exploit server
Risk Name: paypalsucks.com
Explanation:
Domain:
IP Address: 66.226.79.14
Owner:
Name:
Address:
Country Code:
Scanned on: 08/26/09 17:46:47
(0.00 seconds to scan this page)
Ratings are provided by AVG. Site owners please contact AVG Technologies for questions.
Old 08-26-2009
Vicvelcro

It appears that Capital One has begun to follow the footsteps left by ING. I'm not well informed about Canada, but I'll ask around for you, TL.
Old 11-04-2009

Longevity: 85%

For what its worth we just got a RXI020 today.

We too had Capital one bank attached. This account was purchased from an individual.

Account had SSN attached but Capital one bank name did not match...

This account was 4 months old less than $1000 gone through it non vero no complaints either.

The account got limited 1st month and had this Cap one account attached...talked to PP and they released the account limits after talking to them on month 1 of account being opened.

Have been using broadband with same IP entire 4 months.... account actually sat vacant for a few months too.

eBay pulled fees (tried at least) from the pp account which tried using the Cap one bank as a source of funds....then it got closed....no if ands or buts....straight shut down with real address and real SSN attached.
Old 11-04-2009

Longevity: 84%

What an interesting thread here. Prior to my purchasing a STEALTH account, when I was still a novice in trying to get back on ebay using a friends account, we too used Capital One Bank with a new account that my friend set up. After 1 month the ebay account was suspended and my friend got an email saying that she was indefinately suspended and they didn't want her back. After numerous calls to ebay to find out why, one idiot said "you've been connected financially to XXXXXXX via the bank". Nothing I could say would convince them differently and the rep hung up on me. I immediately called the bank because of all the reasons in the world that ebay could think of, saying she was "financially connected" to me was ludicrous. SOMETHING MUST BE UP with Capital One Bank because the only connection between this person and myself is that we bank in the same bank and I was there when she opened the account.

Who knows, maybe Ebay/Paypal have some sort of connection with Capitol One. I think Chase is going to get all my business from now on.

Very weird.

PS...I just ran this by a friend who came up with a simple and logical explanation. Capitol One Bank must be sharing IP links with ebay/paypal. If you check Capitol One online under your stealth account, or any account they probably capture your IP. If you check ANY OTHER ACCOUNT at Capitol One online they probably capture your IP as well and then, if the online log in for different accounts share the same IP, it's quite possible that they "link" these accounts as coming from the same user/household etc since it's from the same computer even if different account numbers and names. Who knows, with the new provisions of the PATRIOT ACT it's quite possible that all banks are doing this. How Ebay/Paypal would have access to this information, I don't know. Yet, based on what happened to me personally and what I've read here, seems that they do. Maybe the CEO's of the companies count their money together?

I can tell you I'll be using Firefox with dial up from NOW ON to check any bank account on line.

Last edited by onceuponatime; 11-04-2009 at 09:42 PM. Reason: More information
Old 11-04-2009
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

Let me clear this up before any more wild guesses are thrown in.

Capital One, Wachovia and ING Direct are known banks that require matching names, nicknames, or similar names when money comes in your account. You can't have funds coming in under a totally different name, they don't like this. I've had success using nicknames and variations of my name and having funds go through without issue. It's a bank issue, they send a notice to PayPal that names don't match and then PayPal limits your account because according to their user agreement they can limit you if, 'Name on the bank account associated with the PayPal account does not match the name on the PayPal account', and again PayPal only knows if names missmatch IF the attached bank tells PayPal. Only a few banks do this.

Next time open a PayPal account with either the exact name thats with your bank account, or a nickname, similar name.

Example.. Robbert Thorton is on your bank account.. you can open a PayPal account with Bobby Thorton or Bob Thorton, or a misspelling of the name slightly. These don't throw up red flags with banks. It's only when money comes in with a completly different name.

Get it?

Or just use a different bank. I probably could have just said that instead.
Old 11-05-2009

Longevity: 85%

ONCE,

I would watch yourself using chase. They do check IP's when logging in and can block your account and request to send an email pin or phone call just to regain access like PP almost but not as bad....they don't like you logging in from different computers on top of making out of state purchases sometimes without blocking card use until a phone call is made telling them HEY ITS ME using my money again. Their fraud team is nuts if you ask me....some people may have a different story.

For everyone else I just wanted to bring this post back up cause you need to watch out using Capital one cause even your legitimate information and giving PP a SSN won't save you. I have no experience with ING or Wachovia so I can not speak for them.
Old 11-05-2009

Ok then. According to the stealth guide, it was ok to open a bank account in your own name because paypal/ebay can't see the name on the account when verifying etc. So, how do you get your money from paypal if the bank account is in your name but the stealth account is in a different name???? Paypal debit cards don't come until you've been on for two months. In my case, it's a totally different name from what is registered. Are there any banks that DON'T have this stringent rule?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
Let me clear this up before any more wild guesses are thrown in.

Capital One, Wachovia and ING Direct are known banks that require matching names, nicknames, or similar names when money comes in your account. You can't have funds coming in under a totally different name, they don't like this. I've had success using nicknames and variations of my name and having funds go through without issue. It's a bank issue, they send a notice to PayPal that names don't match and then PayPal limits your account because according to their user agreement they can limit you if, 'Name on the bank account associated with the PayPal account does not match the name on the PayPal account', and again PayPal only knows if names missmatch IF the attached bank tells PayPal. Only a few banks do this.

Next time open a PayPal account with either the exact name thats with your bank account, or a nickname, similar name.

Example.. Robbert Thorton is on your bank account.. you can open a PayPal account with Bobby Thorton or Bob Thorton, or a misspelling of the name slightly. These don't throw up red flags with banks. It's only when money comes in with a completly different name.

Get it?

Or just use a different bank. I probably could have just said that instead.
Old 11-05-2009
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by onceuponatime View Post
Ok then. According to the stealth guide, it was ok to open a bank account in your own name because paypal/ebay can't see the name on the account when verifying etc. So, how do you get your money from paypal if the bank account is in your name but the stealth account is in a different name???? Paypal debit cards don't come until you've been on for two months. In my case, it's a totally different name from what is registered. Are there any banks that DON'T have this stringent rule?????
There are plenty of banks that don't have this rule. Capital One, Wachovia and ING Direct are the only known banks to have issue with matching names.

Try any other bank account.
Old 11-05-2009

My LUCK, I HAD Capitol One. They must have had something ELSE IN PLACE as well because although the past account had nothing to connect me (name etc), what they DID have to connect my friend and myself were online logins to check the balances WITH THE SAME IP from this computer. I don't believe that there is not some "deal" in place between the banks and Ebay/Paypal (or any other lending institution) that does not exchange IP similarities between different accounts. I'm ALL FOR being diligent based on the serious history of terrorisim in the world, HOWEVER, not to espouse politics but merely LOGIC, the Patriot act is a GOOD thing that is being misused by major corporations (banks) as something that is meant for good IS ALWAYS MISUSED for corporate greed.

Now Chase gets all my business. :-)))

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
There are plenty of banks that don't have this rule. Capital One, Wachovia and ING Direct are the only known banks to have issue with matching names.

Try any other bank account.
Old 12-06-2009

Longevity: 86%

Painpal sent me a RXI034 (Account Cancellation) yesterday, called and the agent said it was because i had 2 claims which have been refunded and closed. Actually this happened immediately i tried to transfer my money into Chase.

I have to wait 6months before i can withdraw my funds (ooouch!) this is a stealth account 2months old and i've been very careful.

Anyway, some questions
1.what banks will not require matching names for funds transfer from Painpal? or do we have to reinvent the wheel here regarding painpal accounts ?

Also i would advise everyone to STAY AWAY from chase , they certainly will not transfer funds from painpal if the names do not match.

- if at first you don't succeed , destroy every evidence that you tried.
Old 12-09-2009

All my stealth PP accounts have absolutely different names from my Bank Name(as directed).....if the "EbStealth" doctrine is "true" how do i transfer money to my bank account????I already have one account "closed" 3more Please help???
Old 12-09-2009

Longevity: 88%
Send a message via AIM to lakeman Send a message via MSN to lakeman Send a message via Yahoo to lakeman

Jank , why do you say stay away from Chase? That is one of the confirmed banks that works with mismatching names..

Check out this thread for a list of banks that have been confirmed to work.
Means to an End List
The Following User Says Thank You to lakeman For This Useful Post:
safelysolipsize (03-01-2014)
Old 12-10-2009

@ Lakeman...this is because even though i had confirmed the account (chase) my transfer was denied and account limited. I have BOFA with my other accounts but I'm scared to click the button to move money from my painpal to bank....this is my quagmire ...do you use Chase???
Old 12-10-2009

Longevity: 88%
Send a message via AIM to lakeman Send a message via MSN to lakeman Send a message via Yahoo to lakeman

I'm thinking your account was limited for a different reason, I don't personally use Chase but a lot of people here do, without problems. I use BOA and have also not had any problems.
Old 12-10-2009
Executive [VIP]

i use both Chase & BOA and have had no problems with either... it could of been a coincidence.. it could of been something else wrong that you did..