PayPal asking for information about account activity - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 11-27-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 25%
Default PayPal asking for information about account activity

Hi all,
I have 2 PayPal accounts permanently limited just 2 weeks ago and now my paypal business account is temporarily limited too.
PayPal confirmed my identity on Nov 19. On Nov 22 I added my bank account and tried withdrawing $10 and got declined. On Nov 24 I tried withdrawing again and got declined again.
On 26 and 27 I received 2 payments (2k and 4K) and I spent them right away on online purchases.
Now PayPal is asking me to provide information on account activities from Nov 20 to Nov 27. What should I do? I have provided all the other identity documents as I own this account, it's not a stealth one. If this one got permanently limited, I will have to go with stealth accounts as I'm too tired with PayPal limiting all my accounts.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-27-2019
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 26%
Longevity: 54%
Default Re: PayPal asking for information about account activity

2k and 4k very big amount, lucky you they did not gold thsm payments,
Provide them what they asking on the solution
Old 11-27-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by e2free View Post
2k and 4k very big amount, lucky you they did not gold thsm payments,
Provide them what they asking on the solution
I provide them the photo of my passport for ID, latest bank statement. For information about my business, I told them I work as a freelance translator and interpreter and I also sell stuffs online. The amounts I received are sent as payment (but I actually got them from my friends). In this case, what should I provide PayPal as explanation to those activities?
Any advice would be appreciated.
Old 11-27-2019

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%

so you told Paypal you are translator/interpretor but the payments are from friends,were they sent as Friend and family OR goods and services?
Old 11-27-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
so you told Paypal you are translator/interpretor but the payments are from friends,were they sent as Friend and family OR goods and services?
I still leave that pending. I didn’t tell Paypal anything yet. I’ll gather ideas from here first before posting anything to PayPal when it comes to activity explanation. Yes, I do work as a freelance translator and interpreter but I have enough bad experience with PayPal I choose to get paid via wire transfer direct to my bank account. The amounts are sent either as friends and family or mass payment. None of them is sent as goods and services.
Old 12-02-2019

Hello tiffany.nguyen. I find many "grey areas" in your case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffany.nguyen View Post
On 26 and 27 I received 2 payments (2k and 4K) and I spent them right away on online purchases.
To begin with, this a HUGE "NO NO " under Paypal eyes. Paypal doesn't like money to be used right away once it's transferred/deposited into an account. This might have raised the first flag.

Second, it is important to know where do this funds come from, because from my experience, that also has to do with it. (Were they sent to you by a verified account? What was the purpose of those transactions? Basically what Paypal is asking you to answer)

Unfortunately there is no magical answer you can give them. Paypal don't permanently ban accounts without a reason. You mentioned your account was legit, verified under your name, so you might want to "lie" as less as possible. The account was recently created so receiving two payments that big without a proper reason/explanation is suspicious for their anti-fraud algorithm