paypal account has been limited - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 09-15-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 87%
Default paypal account has been limited

so this past week my payapl account was limited. my account has been awesome since may and everything was going great. i started slow, built up my account and listings, started with 10 and every other week i doubled it, till i was up around 400 items. i listed everything this past week and made a bit of money, i then made a mistake and i withdrew 400.00 in one transaction on my paypal debit card. within an hour my account was limited with all the hoops for me to try and jump through.

my account was not completely ⊗⊗⊗⊗. everything was real except the name. and i could prove everything(address, phone number, reciepts from suppliers) except the ssn. so my account went into 180 suspension, so what i did was i refunded every buyer with a note explaining what had happened. most have been very understanding.

so just a heads up, again you can do everything right and just the smallest mistake will get you caught.

i am now getting a relative to give me there account that they only use to buy but they are set up to sell, so hopefully that all works out.

also since my ebay account is still good and i owe them the ebay fees but i am walking away from the paypal and ebay account never to use them and there is no more money in the paypal account, what is going to happen about the ebay fees?

thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-15-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

my thing would be to walk away from fees. So its not your name but your real address, and you never gave them permission to take fees from paypal automatically? You should be ok to vamoosh...

alot of threads with differing opinions and scenarios on this, have a good read as there is not alot that can be added to them...
Old 09-15-2009
Threadstarter  

no, its not even my real address, its nothing but a mail box, with that address on the side.
Old 09-15-2009

Longevity: 85%

you didnt get limited because of the 400 dollar withdrawl, ive made up to 500 dollar withdrawls no problem for 6 months at least once a week

something else going on your account...maybe what your selling..400 items is alot to sell,how long has the account been open for? how much are you selling items for?

i def dont think its because of the withdrawl..something else yer not saying
Old 09-15-2009
Threadstarter  

no really, thats it, i sell small items that i produce, i won't say what because ebay/paypal is always watching. they are not vero either. i sell between 1.99-8.99 for each item or group of items.

but like i said i took out a lot of money without thinking. i have withdrawn at the max maybe 50.00 at one time and then all of a sudden i withdraw 400. so i think it made paypals computer detect and it sent me the limitation.

i have already closed the bank account, so ebay can't collect anything from nothing
Old 09-15-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

if set up correctly and if prepared the ssn would not have necessarily been an issue to stop you lifting limitation, but its closed now, so no point ...

You should be ok for fees, close pobox, ignore all requests....
Old 09-15-2009
Threadstarter  

it was the only thing i couldn't prove and they didn't seem to happy about that

i guess it really depends on how the paypal representative feels that day
Old 09-15-2009

Longevity: 85%

you say you make yer own items but you also said you can provide receipts for yer suppliers...again withdrawing one time has nothing to do with it i think,there a corporation and cant act like that because a customer wants to take money,i have no problem and i sell vero bs

whats funny to me is i think majority of the people here are pretty f'n paranoid..you wont say what handmade items you sale because ebay/paypal are watching..hah..i highly doubt they would look into anything yer doing,were all small fish in a big pond..they dont care! but im sure someone from paypal comes here every once in awhile but paranoia is not good
Old 09-15-2009
Threadstarter  

i buy supplies from a company and then make the product. we will call it "custom" products and orders. i guess it does seem paranoid but i make quite a bit of money from ebay and payapal and just don't want to make any connection to them from here.

i have a relative who is giving me there ebay account from 4 years back, again i am starting slow and only listing so many items a week, never again the whole shebang.......and only withdraw a little at a time, or maybe set up the "every night everything is withdrawn from the paypal account" thing.

i am even going to go the their house and log on for all of ebay/paypal stuff, i hope this is the one that stays. my prior account before this last was from 2001 to january of 2009.

thanks again for everyones help