What happens if you don't send docs - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 06-02-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 43%
Default What happens if you don't send docs

Hi, I don't understand what happens when you have a PayPal account limited and you don't want to send the docs they are asking.

For example, I have one account that got limited and PayPal wants me to send them ID and supplier invoice, they gave me 1 month to send them the docs, if I don't send it they will put a further restriction on the account ( the further restriction is that I won't be able to accept payments or send money to other people).

So, if they put that limitation on the account they will be able to link it to other PayPal accounts I am using with my website? Because I was using the one that got limited on my website.

This is not a permanent limitation, so I don't think they will link all the accounts right?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-02-2020

Activity: 2%
Longevity: 33%
Default Re: What happens if you don't send docs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evofox View Post
Hi, I don't understand what happens when you have a PayPal account limited and you don't want to send the docs they are asking.

For example, I have one account that got limited and PayPal wants me to send them ID and supplier invoice, they gave me 1 month to send them the docs, if I don't send it they will put a further restriction on the account ( the further restriction is that I won't be able to accept payments or send money to other people).

So, if they put that limitation on the account they will be able to link it to other PayPal accounts I am using with my website? Because I was using the one that got limited on my website.

This is not a permanent limitation, so I don't think they will link all the accounts right?
Hi
as they said on their website, if you dont send the requested docs, there will be further limitation. However this will not permanently limit your account so you can get back your funds after 180 days. So you must submit them something otherwise you will never see again your funds.

Regarding the linking to your website, I didn't understand exactly.
Old 06-02-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by @NasterXchange View Post
Hi

as they said on their website, if you dont send the requested docs, there will be further limitation. However this will not permanently limit your account so you can get back your funds after 180 days. So you must submit them something otherwise you will never see again your funds.

Regarding the linking to your website, I didn't understand exactly.
Before being limited I was using the account on my shopify website, now I switched to another PayPal account.. After the further limitation they will link and limit the new account I am using?
Old 06-03-2020

Longevity: 29%

Quote:
Before being limited I was using the account on my shopify website, now I switched to another PayPal account.. After the further limitation they will link and limit the new account I am using?
At this time, your account is limited - the type of limitation doesn't matter at all with regards to linking. If you create a new account with any common details, they are allowed to limit that account too (saying that you need to resolve the limitations on any other accounts first). It's just more likely to happen after the further restrictions are put in place.

A word of advice - if this is a genuine account, please take the limitation seriously. Your business will become a nightmare if you don't provide the info they are obliged to check (namely ID) - PayPal bans are lifetime and their linking algorithm is bound to catch you over and over again (assuming you use the same details).

EDIT: It appears that you are already using stealth accounts, so I guess you're asking if PayPal knows what website you're selling on. I can't confirm this: on one hand, it's super easy for them to find out your URL when you redirect customers to checkout, but I don't know if they actually use this approach. We use 2 PayPal accounts on our site - one for micropayments and one for larger ones - we've had no issues for 18 months so far. Hope that helps.

Last edited by HangInThere; 06-03-2020 at 12:16 PM.
Old 06-04-2020

Quote:
Normally if you have two different footprints for these accounts, I don't see any issue.
It's all about how you manage your paypal accounts...
Old 06-04-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Normally if you have two different footprints for these accounts, I don't see any issue.
It's all about how you manage your paypal accounts...
The accounts are with different info and i login with different IP
Old 06-05-2020

Quote:
The accounts are with different info and i login with different IP
hopefully not the same "machine"?
Old 06-05-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Same PC, different user accounts
Old 06-05-2020
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,536 Times in 2,190 Posts
Activity: 69%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
It doesn't matter if a PP account is on the same PC as long as he uses a different windows user act.

It'll be a different story if it's amazon.
Old 06-15-2020

Longevity: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by HangInThere View Post
At this time, your account is limited - the type of limitation doesn't matter at all with regards to linking. If you create a new account with any common details, they are allowed to limit that account too (saying that you need to resolve the limitations on any other accounts first). It's just more likely to happen after the further restrictions are put in place.

A word of advice - if this is a genuine account, please take the limitation seriously. Your business will become a nightmare if you don't provide the info they are obliged to check (namely ID) - PayPal bans are lifetime and their linking algorithm is bound to catch you over and over again (assuming you use the same details).

EDIT: It appears that you are already using stealth accounts, so I guess you're asking if PayPal knows what website you're selling on. I can't confirm this: on one hand, it's super easy for them to find out your URL when you redirect customers to checkout, but I don't know if they actually use this approach. We use 2 PayPal accounts on our site - one for micropayments and one for larger ones - we've had no issues for 18 months so far. Hope that helps.
It says very plainly on PP the "channel" you are selling on each time you are paid!
Old 06-17-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
It doesn't matter if a PP account is on the same PC as long as he uses a different windows user act.

It'll be a different story if it's amazon.
Yes it's true but it does not make your life easier...
Old 06-18-2020

Longevity: 27%

Contrary to what most think, it's not a bad idea to wait out on submitting documents sometimes.

For Example: You sell items, which has a higher than usual percentage of dispute, claim, or slow shipment. And if your buyers open a case you are stlll covered under paypal's seller protection because you are not completely limited. Where as if you give them the docs and they fail and permanently limit you, paypal can and may decide with your buyers even if you have valid tracking information or documentation solely because you then would no longer be covered under seller protection.
Old 06-19-2020

Longevity: 28%

Quote:
Originally Posted by HangInThere View Post
EDIT: ... I don't know if they actually use this approach.
PP, all banks and all other payment systems and money transfer systems: They do not allow you to sell anything illegal.

They are very closely interested in what you are selling.
a) Sensitivity to digital products (many do not allow)
b) Hypersensitivity to Suppplements and Prescription / Non-Prescription Drug Sales
c) Sensitivity to gambling money

and they are also very interested in "WHO PAYS THE MONEY / SENDS THE MONEY". (Due to KYC or Money Laundering laws)

The forum only offers seller issues, but buyer accounts limitations are also common.

Last edited by Mavi; 06-19-2020 at 10:00 AM.
Old 06-25-2020
Threadstarter  

So if I fail with the documents they will permanently limit my account.. And if I don't send them the docs they will only put a further limitation on the account,but I don't understand if with the further limitation there is a chance that they link my other PayPal account and limit that too. The other account has different info but I use it on the same website to receive payments.

I am talking about shopify website not ebay
Old 06-25-2020
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,536 Times in 2,190 Posts
Activity: 69%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Yes it's true but it does not make your life easier...
No, but in the long run it's much less headache.
I still do things manually which takes more time but again I haven't gotten suspended for at least 10+ years?
The Following User Says Thank You to SaiJin For This Useful Post:
colt63 (06-25-2020)
Old 06-27-2020

Longevity: 22%

can't you just give them what they want
Old 06-27-2020

Longevity: 53%

Quote:

It’s better send to them a document. Otherwise they not gonna remove the limitations
Old 07-07-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romancevic View Post
It’s better send to them a document. Otherwise they not gonna remove the limitations
I know, but i can't find an answer to my problem, if i can't send them the supplier invoice they will put a further limitation on my account so i will not be able to send or receive money, but i don't care because this account is stealth.
The problem is if this account will be limited they can link it with my other account that i am using on my website?!? (account are with different details but both the 2 account are used to accept payment on the same shopify website).