Locking People Out Of There Account In 2020 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 06-18-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 27%
Default Locking People Out Of There Account In 2020

Disclaimer: If you can't provide a solution please don't give advise. Solutions only please.

Here's my predicament. I got locked out of one of my active stealth accounts because I accidently mixed up IP's, a rookie mistake. Well now paypal has locked my account and is only asking me to just change my password, and receive a sms text verification. Not technically a limit if they're not asking for docs right, however the problem is very unique because I can not bypass the SMS verification in order to change the password. As you may have guessed by now I don't have access to the number I added to my account when I made it. I have tried calling paypal support for manual assistance however the entire phone support line is closed due to Covid 19, I can't chat message with them because I can't log in. This is a terrible PR error on paypal's end and now I dont know how long this will last. My only thoughts of a solution is to change the phone number which oddly enough is still an option. When paypal asks me to verify my phone, I can send the SMS or Add a new phone number however I get the long time error message. "This number doesn't appear to be registered in your name, Try Another". So now for those of you who have bypass the SMS verification issue, what prepaid service, or what phone service or online service allows me to match the phone name with my paypal name. Again it's a stealth account so I don't think I can just walk into a Verizon branch and request a line for a stealth name.

Anybody?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-18-2020
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Locking People Out Of There Account In 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsoldier View Post
If you can't log in how are you getting to the 'add phone number' option to generate the error message?
When they ask to confirm a number with sms, there is also a option to change/add a different number for the verification. When I tried a different number I get the error message.

Last edited by Temple; 06-18-2020 at 11:48 AM.
Old 06-18-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsoldier View Post
I'm guessing thats because you can have more than one phone attached to your paypal account. They're asking for the second number given the first is unavailable.

IMO you're stuffed until you can chat to them.
.... Yeah it looks like it. Isn't there a email you can use to email them with these kind of technical errors? Got to be something. I mean wouldn't this make for a strong legal case. Just saying.
Old 06-18-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 63%

You have to ring them and even then you may well end up not getting access to the account as they are very strict on needing the original number to be active still on PayPal USA
Old 06-18-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
You have to ring them and even then you may well end up not getting access to the account as they are very strict on needing the original number to be active still on PayPal USA
Hey James I appreciate you man but I disagree with this part "and even then you may well end up not getting access to the account". It's very common to lose your phone, change you number, phone gets deactivated, you added your sisters phone at creation, etc. This happens all the the time and I'm sure paypal get those multiple times a day, "Legitimately". I just have to contact them for manual assistance, verification account information is easy. Now If I could get a phone registered in my stealths name that will also be great.

Last edited by Temple; 06-18-2020 at 12:10 PM.
Old 06-26-2020

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 22%

This happened to me once but it was lifted without me doing anything after 2 months (I didn’t check sooner than that). I was able to withdraw all money left in that account.
Old 06-27-2020

Longevity: 41%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebizz View Post
This happened to me once but it was lifted without me doing anything after 2 months (I didn’t check sooner than that). I was able to withdraw all money left in that account.
He has to change his password! that does not go away. will never be able to login with old password again
Mybe what happened to you was a light security check
Old 06-27-2020

Longevity: 43%

Only way is phone support, something similar happened to me before, they will send a reset link via email
if you keep trying most likely itll get limited and ask for docs
Old 06-27-2020

Longevity: 22%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temple View Post
Disclaimer: If you can't provide a solution please don't give advise. Solutions only please.

Here's my predicament. I got locked out of one of my active stealth accounts because I accidently mixed up IP's, a rookie mistake. Well now paypal has locked my account and is only asking me to just change my password, and receive a sms text verification. Not technically a limit if they're not asking for docs right, however the problem is very unique because I can not bypass the SMS verification in order to change the password. As you may have guessed by now I don't have access to the number I added to my account when I made it. I have tried calling paypal support for manual assistance however the entire phone support line is closed due to Covid 19, I can't chat message with them because I can't log in. This is a terrible PR error on paypal's end and now I dont know how long this will last. My only thoughts of a solution is to change the phone number which oddly enough is still an option. When paypal asks me to verify my phone, I can send the SMS or Add a new phone number however I get the long time error message. "This number doesn't appear to be registered in your name, Try Another". So now for those of you who have bypass the SMS verification issue, what prepaid service, or what phone service or online service allows me to match the phone name with my paypal name. Again it's a stealth account so I don't think I can just walk into a Verizon branch and request a line for a stealth name.

Anybody?
On the login-password page, click below "I don’t remember the password", then enter your email from the account, and then there will be SC - options where you need to receive SMS. Look if there are any options to send them a DL, there with some SC, when there is no phone, there is an option with Confirm ID, a menu opens for uploading a document (checked by a robot) and then it allows you to change the password. Not the fact that you will have this option but it’s worth checking
In the worst case, wait until the call center opens
Old 07-06-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebizz View Post
It eventually went away. All I had to do was log back into the account from a good IP a few days later.
Old 08-26-2020

Activity: 2%
Longevity: 70%

If you send a SMS to the original phone on file, will it still try and verify if the phone is in your name?

If you cancel a password reset will it eventually time out and allow you to log back in if you find the password?