Buyer files Not As Described through PayPal scam - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 07-29-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%
Default Buyer files Not As Described through PayPal scam

I am so sick of these foreigner buyers. So I have another foreigner buyer using a parcel forwarding address once again. Ship out the item and long behold 1 month later files a Not as described and empty box on PayPal. Never made attempt to contact me or anything with pictures. Went to file a dispute directly with PP. Leaving my account in negative balance.

Anyone knows should I fund the negative balance on PayPal?

Does PayPal go with eBay policy where you send to parcel or freight forwarder address once it delivered, Money Back Guarantee is voided.

Does anyone know how to block these foreigner buyers? Lost a whole this month because of them.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-29-2020

Longevity: 24%
Default Re: Buyer files Not As Described through PayPal scam

Do you use the ebay international shipping program? I took that off so no more international sales.

Id rather sell in my home country as its less fuss, and when you send a parcel to another country, for the most part, the buyer lacks communication because of time zones and other factors.
Old 07-29-2020
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 25%
Longevity: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleredengine07 View Post
I am so sick of these foreigner buyers. So I have another foreigner buyer using a parcel forwarding address once again. Ship out the item and long behold 1 month later files a Not as described and empty box on PayPal. Never made attempt to contact me or anything with pictures. Went to file a dispute directly with PP. Leaving my account in negative balance.

Does PayPal go with eBay policy where you send to parcel or freight forwarder address once it delivered, Money Back Guarantee is voided.

Does anyone know how to block these foreigner buyers? Lost a whole this month because of them.
You previously had advise on this, why all scammers coming to your shop must be reason? Only you can tell this maybe you needs to change product line
Old 07-29-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by e2free View Post
You previously had advise on this, why all scammers coming to your shop must be reason? Only you can tell this maybe you needs to change product line

Actually in the process of changing my product line. Sick and tired of this. BS. If anyone knows if PayPal honors eBay policy that would be great. This is last months sale not this month. I haven’t had any issues with domestic sellers.
Old 07-29-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaywanton View Post
Do you use the ebay international shipping program? I took that off so no more international sales.

Id rather sell in my home country as its less fuss, and when you send a parcel to another country, for the most part, the buyer lacks communication because of time zones and other factors.

eBay international program is pretty smooth for me. But I did get one or two buyers who had issues but isn’t like what I’m facing now with parcel forwarding customers.
Old 07-29-2020

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 57%

So you're shipping to address not on their paypal?
Well i would just cancel next time if i see forwarder address.
Old 07-29-2020
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,550 Times in 2,203 Posts
Activity: 53%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:

90% you'll lose the case.

I don't sell to foreigners period. Local within the same country only.

The seller protection for in country is already crap and you basically get NO protection for shipping international.
The Following User Says Thank You to SaiJin For This Useful Post:
littleredengine07 (07-29-2020)
Old 07-29-2020

Thanked 1,108 Times in 1,044 Posts
Activity: 93%
Longevity: 33%

INAD-there is no seller protection for INAD,makes no difference whether he is overseas or domestic.
The Following User Says Thank You to agent006140 For This Useful Post:
littleredengine07 (07-29-2020)
Old 07-29-2020
Threadstarter  

How should should proceed with this. Buyer claiming as empty box which is false. Going to standing lose 600-700$ from this. Definitely changing my product line. The buyer purchase was month ago. Should I just ask him or her to just ship it back?
Old 07-29-2020

If he files Paypal INAD case,PAYPAL has recently amended its policy,buyer may no have to return the item and seller may be asked to pick up return shipping.
Is there insurance,since it is an expensive item?
Old 07-29-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
If he files Paypal INAD case,PAYPAL has recently amended its policy,buyer may no have to return the item and seller may be asked to pick up return shipping.
Is there insurance,since it is an expensive item?

Yeah had it insured. I asked the buyer to sent me pictures but highly doubt it the buyer will cooperate. I stated that in the message during dispute.

Got a negative balance. Should I just fund the account.

My goal is to make the scam buyer life a living hell so it might deter from hurt others.
Old 07-29-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
90% you'll lose the case.

I don't sell to foreigners period. Local within the same country only.

The seller protection for in country is already crap and you basically get NO protection for shipping international.

How do you protect against that or has to be done manually?
Old 07-30-2020

Quote:
Yeah had it insured. I asked the buyer to sent me pictures but highly doubt it the buyer will cooperate. I stated that in the message during dispute.

Got a negative balance. Should I just fund the account.

My goal is to make the scam buyer life a living hell so it might deter from hurt others.
if you have insurance,you should be able to file claim,no need to show picture,who is the insurer?
You may need him to co-operate when filing claim.
if he uses a forwarding service in y our country,unless you know it is a forwarding address,else no way to block him.
Does he have a UK Ebay account?
Old 07-30-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
if you have insurance,you should be able to file claim,no need to show picture,who is the insurer?
You may need him to co-operate when filing claim.
if he uses a forwarding service in y our country,unless you know it is a forwarding address,else no way to block him.
Does he have a UK Ebay account?

The shipping carrier will ask for pictures in the claim because the value of the amount or it would be denied right off the bat. If the case is actually true, the buyer would have no problem showing pictures. I even wrote that in the dispute. I even told PayPal. Going to see what happens. I rather make it hard for scammers then letting it just go. I know it loss. But don’t want it to make it easy for this scammers to scam others at this point. Acting as deterrent.
Old 08-02-2020

Longevity: 21%

"Foreigner" buyers. Another victim of the dreadful globalization. Yeah, if you dont like to sell utside your home town, you maybe should go offline and sell... or, what about the easiest solution, dont sell to anybody who you dont like?

Apart from this, just never ship anywhere else than Paypal address. That is the first step. Then, use tracking IDs and make pictures of the item and the package with the customers address.

This is what I have done for years and you know what happened? I won most of these disputes but then, I lost one and I added another measure. For every item above $500 I make a video of the packing process and the actual drop off to DHL/UPS.
Old 08-02-2020

Quote:
The shipping carrier will ask for pictures in the claim because the value of the amount or it would be denied right off the bat. If the case is actually true, the buyer would have no problem showing pictures. I even wrote that in the dispute. I even told PayPal. Going to see what happens. I rather make it hard for scammers then letting it just go. I know it loss. But don’t want it to make it easy for this scammers to scam others at this point. Acting as deterrent.
it should not a big deal for your buyer to show an empty box,insurer sometimes want to see if the outside box is damaged or tempered with,but whther it is tempered,damaged or fine,insurer would have to honor the claim unless it can prove fraud.On ebay you can block regions or countries,and indviduals,like I bloc Africa,Middle East except Israel,and Eastern Europe,but if he has a UK account and use a UK forwarding service,he is just another UK buyer to you,
The Following User Says Thank You to agent006140 For This Useful Post:
littleredengine07 (08-02-2020)
Old 08-02-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
it should not a big deal for your buyer to show an empty box,insurer sometimes want to see if the outside box is damaged or tempered with,but whther it is tempered,damaged or fine,insurer would have to honor the claim unless it can prove fraud.On ebay you can block regions or countries,and indviduals,like I bloc Africa,Middle East except Israel,and Eastern Europe,but if he has a UK account and use a UK forwarding service,he is just another UK buyer to you,

I am going to actual do that he has chinese PayPal account.