Here's my story (or: how I screwed my PayPal account in a phone call) - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 10-06-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 20%
Default Here's my story (or: how I screwed my PayPal account in a phone call)

Hi guys,
Glad your'e all here and I'm somewhat relieved that this forum exists. Sure thing is, that if I would have known about aspkin before, it could have saved me a lot. Anyway, here's the story:
In 2018 I was selling hand made goods, which had the word "persian" in them. PayPal warned me that it is forbidden to sell such things. Although I was making these items in completely other countries, they didn't care too much. I thought I've edited all my site and deleted that keyboard. Things went on, but I guess I missed, and about a year later, another message from PayPal - and my account was banned permanently.

In my business, more than 50% of the transactions go through PP. I went ahead, and opened another PayPal account, *not knowing* it's against the policy! I've sent them all of my documentation, as it's all legit and good. However, I couldn't withdraw money from this account, as my bank account was locked in the limited account. So I was just withdrawing the money to Payoneer instead.

After a year or so, I needed money in my bank account, so I gave them a call, and, not being aware the severe issue I'm in with the linked account, I told them that I would like them to release the bank account from my limited account. The woman who I was speaking with caught the situation, and told me - but you are not even allowed to have another account. In that point, I realised I ****ed it. One week ago, and my 2nd account was permanently limited 'for high risk', along with 7k$ which I intended to withdraw to my bank. Yes, it was very stupid.

As my business must keep running, I found an old private account I've made in 2016, and redirected the eBay account and my webshop to that PP account. So far, a week later, it's still running. But I understand that this is temporary and PP will eventually keep up and realise it is me.

At the moment, I'm not sure what are my best options. Reading the guide to release permanently banned account, it suggests I try to appeal the original account.

This feels like a bad dream, as this is our family's main income. If you guys have any ideas, or vision to what would be the best option at the moment - please share. That's really valuable! I'll keep and updating this post as this story goes, for helping the community and other people in similar situation.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-06-2020
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,536 Times in 2,190 Posts
Activity: 69%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Here's my story (or: how I screwed my PayPal account in a phone call)

First of all if it's completely suspended but you have your bank account attached to it, you can withdraw that funds in 6 months.

second, I highly suggest you go get the stealth guide and start making some accounts NOW.

So appeal the original account while making some back up accounts and start selling again.
Old 10-07-2020

Longevity: 31%
Default Re: Here's my story (or: how I screwed my PayPal account in a phone call)

Quote:
Originally Posted by danidan View Post
Hi guys,
Glad your'e all here and I'm somewhat relieved that this forum exists. Sure thing is, that if I would have known about aspkin before, it could have saved me a lot. Anyway, here's the story:
In 2018 I was selling hand made goods, which had the word "persian" in them. PayPal warned me that it is forbidden to sell such things. Although I was making these items in completely other countries, they didn't care too much. I thought I've edited all my site and deleted that keyboard. Things went on, but I guess I missed, and about a year later, another message from PayPal - and my account was banned permanently.

In my business, more than 50% of the transactions go through PP. I went ahead, and opened another PayPal account, *not knowing* it's against the policy! I've sent them all of my documentation, as it's all legit and good. However, I couldn't withdraw money from this account, as my bank account was locked in the limited account. So I was just withdrawing the money to Payoneer instead.

After a year or so, I needed money in my bank account, so I gave them a call, and, not being aware the severe issue I'm in with the linked account, I told them that I would like them to release the bank account from my limited account. The woman who I was speaking with caught the situation, and told me - but you are not even allowed to have another account. In that point, I realised I ****ed it. One week ago, and my 2nd account was permanently limited 'for high risk', along with 7k$ which I intended to withdraw to my bank. Yes, it was very stupid.

As my business must keep running, I found an old private account I've made in 2016, and redirected the eBay account and my webshop to that PP account. So far, a week later, it's still running. But I understand that this is temporary and PP will eventually keep up and realise it is me.

At the moment, I'm not sure what are my best options. Reading the guide to release permanently banned account, it suggests I try to appeal the original account.

This feels like a bad dream, as this is our family's main income. If you guys have any ideas, or vision to what would be the best option at the moment - please share. That's really valuable! I'll keep and updating this post as this story goes, for helping the community and other people in similar situation.
yes. those things happen if your iq is lower than the room temperature.

If they ban you it is obvious that they do not want you to open another account.

The funds should be released after 180 days and you can withdraw them
Old 10-07-2020
Threadstarter  

Hi guys, thanks for the replies (thanks for the kind words burbur).
I know the money will release in 180 days, I can live with it. Question is, what are the odds to reinitiate the old account (the first one). I'll sure look into a stealth account, but that feels like mouse a cat game, where the cat eventually catches the mouse...
Dani
Old 10-07-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forum - all the best as you master stealth

Based on your call to PP and their identification with the linked account, I would say chances are low - best to get stealth accounts going as SaiJin indicated
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
danidan (10-07-2020)
Old 10-07-2020
Threadstarter  

Thanks, I'm definitely going ahead and checking the guide. Still, trying not to lose hope for the old PP account