Furious With PayPal!! - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 11-14-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 20%
Default Re: Furious With PayPal!!

best of luck, PayPal is vile --
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-14-2020

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 92%
Longevity: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofit View Post
I’ve sent them my passport (which is legit and matched my account), proof of address, proof of the WiFi being shared, proof of receipt of goods by buyer, proof that the buyer is happy and is not intending to file a charge back. They just simply don’t care. Regardless of what I submit to them, they are unwilling to listen.
It takes time to verify all your documents.
You may want to consider a different venue
Old 11-15-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnniedoehe View Post
best of luck, PayPal is vile --
Welcome to the forum - all the best as you master stealth

Old 11-15-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
It takes time to verify all your documents.
You may want to consider a different venue
It would just be nice if paypal would actually let me know they are reviewing the extra documentation I sent in. What tends to happen is they respond to the message on the message area with the same automated response. I reply to that response and say that I want a human to contact me by phone or to email me about the information I have provided to them. Nobody has ever emailed or called or even left a message on the message centre.
Old 11-15-2020

they have tons of emails to answer,you just have to be patient.
Old 11-15-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 57%

Quote:
If I was to create a stealth PayPal using IPBurger and use that new PayPal to sell on my existing eBay - would they link the account because of the eBay connection? (eBay and PayPal)
Don't do this ^^

Gey your old account back instead.
Based on your circumstances, you don't have to wait 180 days to get your money either.

See PM.

Last edited by Pandoras_box; 11-15-2020 at 03:05 PM.
Old 11-16-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandoras_box View Post
Don't do this ^^

Gey your old account back instead.
Based on your circumstances, you don't have to wait 180 days to get your money either.

See PM.
could you please also PM me how to resolve this problem? practicaly the same situation...
Old 11-16-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Try going to their BBB page and making a complaint, this gets the executive office involved.
Old 11-17-2020

Longevity: 31%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moscutter View Post
Try going to their BBB page and making a complaint, this gets the executive office involved.
https://www.bbb.org/us/ca/san-jose/p...nc-1216-210387

This definitely seems to be the best choice of action. A quick glance at the reviews shows that when they're publicly shamed, some of the issues get resolved in 1-3 days.

I would have to disagree with Saijin and advise OP against trying to create stealth accounts right away. She definitely does seem to have a good case to not only get her money but have the account restored if she tries going the BBB route. She may also be quite new to all of this and may not be able to successfully create stealth accounts when you keep in mind that things have become harder for many experienced stealth sellers in the last few months.
Old 11-17-2020

but she would still have the same problem,sharing the same IP address/
Old 11-17-2020

Longevity: 44%

But IF the BBB shaming works, I'm sure PP can whitelist an IP just as easily as they blacklist them
Old 11-18-2020

you are just assuming,there are what ?26 apts in that building sharing the same network..
it takes money to make money,she should take this as a lesson and get her own ISP
Old 11-19-2020
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the advice everyone! I have started a case with BBB and have also left a review for PayPal. I’m gonna keep fighting this because they can’t be allowed to just block people from using their service and hold money because of IP address linking. If the user can prove their ID with a valid passport or driving license then that should be more than enough evidence. Any other bank or money service would be more than happy with a passport and other personal details to verify an identity - why can’t PayPal.
Old 11-20-2020

Longevity: 19%
Default Re: Furious With PayPal!!You have no idea how Furious I was

Paypal Kept just under $18,000.00 of my money back in 2001-2002 when they were part of eBay. I sold "Genuine" $20.00 Gold coins for my Brother-in-law so he could Remodel the bathroom for his two children with Cerebral Paulse. I got 100% glowing feedback from every coin buyer. But Paypal insisted that Gold coins are easily counterfeited and because the buyers paid with credit cards they (Paypal) had the right to protect against a backcharge from those buyers. They further explained that American Express guarantees clients purchases for 6 months which is why its 180days. There were 14 coins. I'm sure not every buyer used American Express but that did not matter to Paypal. Discover Card only allowed 30 days of protection to their clients back in 2002. I tried to fight this ever way possible. I finally wrote to the States Attorney's of my state and the State's where there are an offices for both eBay and Paypal. I got my brother-in-laws money in 177 days. Since then I have tried to be reinstated 4 or 5 times with Paypal. As late as last year. I don't get 1 minute into the conversation with a Paypal account Representative and it is a flat out Nope. Blackballed 18+years
Old 11-20-2020

Activity: 7%
Longevity: 78%

Your flag shows you are in the UK, the best way to get your money back if the account was legitimate is to go to the small claims court and make a money claim online that costs £25 they will contest it saying you have agreed to arbitration. Then ask for the case to be heard at your local small claims court, this will generally open a better line of communication with PayPal and they generally pay up as the cost of attending these hearings hugely exceeds the amount of the claim. If you have to be in front of a judge you will get all their sympathy as you are the underdog and can guide the case your way if you stay calm and respectful.
Old 11-21-2020

Default Re: Furious With PayPal!!You have no idea how Furious I was

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheddrat View Post
Paypal Kept just under $18,000.00 of my money back in 2001-2002 when they were part of eBay. I sold "Genuine" $20.00 Gold coins for my Brother-in-law so he could Remodel the bathroom for his two children with Cerebral Paulse. I got 100% glowing feedback from every coin buyer. But Paypal insisted that Gold coins are easily counterfeited and because the buyers paid with credit cards they (Paypal) had the right to protect against a backcharge from those buyers. They further explained that American Express guarantees clients purchases for 6 months which is why its 180days. There were 14 coins. I'm sure not every buyer used American Express but that did not matter to Paypal. Discover Card only allowed 30 days of protection to their clients back in 2002. I tried to fight this ever way possible. I finally wrote to the States Attorney's of my state and the State's where there are an offices for both eBay and Paypal. I got my brother-in-laws money in 177 days. Since then I have tried to be reinstated 4 or 5 times with Paypal. As late as last year. I don't get 1 minute into the conversation with a Paypal account Representative and it is a flat out Nope. Blackballed 18+years
credit card charge back period is 180 days,overseas cc chargeaback can come in after 180 days.
There are ⊗⊗⊗⊗ gold coins/buillions sold on Ebay,some with almost identical paperwork and appearance,buyers often do not find out until too late,once I bought one from an individual,I have to cut open the package to find out if it is authentic,by doing so,I destroyed some of its value,now I only buy from large precious metal dealers

Last edited by agent006140; 11-21-2020 at 10:26 AM.
Old 11-21-2020

Longevity: 25%
Send a message via Skype™ to Glamoriza

Quote:
Hi everyone. Many thanks for allowing me to register and share my story.

I recently decided to start selling some of my music memorabilia collection due to how the pandemic has impacted on my finances. I’ve had an eBay and PayPal account for a while but only used it for purchases.

A couple of weeks back I listed my first item which was a rare pressing of an LP. I sold it for just over £500 to a buyer in France. When the buyer paid, eBay requested a hold on my funds because it was my first transaction (I understand this is common and usually the case with first time sales)... anyway, I shipped the item using DPD and supplied the tracking info on eBay. Fast forward a few days, the buyer receives the LP and is happy. Leaves me positive feedback. My PayPal account still shows the money on hold by eBay until the next day. As soon as eBay released the funds, PayPal placed a restriction on my account. They asked me to provide proof of my identity, which I did, proof of fulfilment (which I did) and for invoices from a supplier. I explained I couldn’t show invoices because the items I am selling are generally things I have had in my collection for years and were often obtained at fairs etc.

The next day, they permanently limited my account, holding over £500 in MY money. I was in dire need of this money because of financial difficulties. It was to help pay for things for my child. I have now lost a rare LP and the money for it. They won’t give a reason for the restriction. They refuse. I have called them and sent messages in the message center.

It’s having a bad affect on me. I desperately needed that money and now I am totally screwed.

Is there ANY way I can force them to reconsider or release my money? It seems totally criminal what they have done to me.
both eBay and PayPal they're scammers, I have the same feeling as you because 02 of my business accounts was limited for more than 2k$
the best option now is to add your bank account and wait for 180 days to get your money
Old 11-21-2020
Threadstarter  

I have now submitted a complaint to the financial services ombudsman in the uk. Something else has happened recently also with my account. Every time I login to PayPal it requires me to have a confirmation code sent to my phone number that I have to enter in order to login. It makes me do this EVERY single time I login to PayPal. Both through the app and through the website. I’ve asked friends and family if they have to do this as I wondered if it was a new security protocol implemented by PayPal, but apparently no one else I have asked has to do this.

It’s like PayPal is trying to piss me off.
Old 11-21-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 63%

Quote:
I have now submitted a complaint to the financial services ombudsman in the uk. Something else has happened recently also with my account. Every time I login to PayPal it requires me to have a confirmation code sent to my phone number that I have to enter in order to login. It makes me do this EVERY single time I login to PayPal. Both through the app and through the website. I’ve asked friends and family if they have to do this as I wondered if it was a new security protocol implemented by PayPal, but apparently no one else I have asked has to do this.

It’s like PayPal is trying to piss me off.
New for all UK based accounts
Old 12-01-2020

Longevity: 19%

I think the problem comes from you selling a high value product while this is a first.

The best way is to start everything slowly and gradually increase it.
Old 12-01-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by endless1 View Post
I think the problem comes from you selling a high value product while this is a first.

The best way is to start everything slowly and gradually increase it.
I understand this would be the reason to hold the funds until the item arrived - but to permanently limit my account after one successful eBay sale with great feedback is just absurd.
Old 12-01-2020
Threadstarter  

Little bit of an update on this:

The BBB originally said PayPal had to respond by 20th December... now it has changed to December 24th. I have a feeling that will probably change again because I doubt PayPal are going to respond to my BBB complaint on Christmas Eve.

I emailed aup@paypal.com and actually received an email in the message centre from a PayPal representative called Wayne. He just rehashed the same canned message they spam me with, but now I know this email actually gets to a staff member. I’m going to send another email to aup@paypal.com and keep pushing.

I do have ammo against them because their employee told me the actual reason for the limitation. They can’t hide behind their general vague excuse of “high risk or fraudulent behaviour”. I know the reason and I can prove it’s unfounded because I have a passport to prove I am who I say I am, so an IP address link shouldn’t matter.