US PayPal permanently limited - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 12-06-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 19%
Default US PayPal permanently limited

So my US PayPal was permanently limited for “potential” risk about 2.5 weeks ago after a “review” of my account. ~$250 (from the sale of my old iPad on swapping) is being placed on a 180 day hold.

I sent a few emails out 2 weeks ago with no replies and my case on BBB has been received and PP has until December 26th to respond
Quote:
Complaint filed against:
PayPal, Inc. (More)
Complaint status:
Activity
Date
Activity
Description
Notify Business of Dispute Big 5
12/01/2020
onsumer
2/01/2020
Case Reviewed by BBB - Big 5
Case Received by BBB
11/27/2020
(Less)
My account was limited a few days after selling my old iPad on swappa and I mainly use it to buy on eBay or pay for online services. I rarely use it to sell stuff. I have been using this account since late 2009.

Is there any chance I can have my account reopened?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-06-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 49%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: US PayPal permanently limited

If this is your real account with your real personal information then you probably have a fairly decent chance of getting it reinstated. Did they ask you to provide a bunch of documents when they limited your account?
Old 12-06-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
If this is your real account with your real personal information then you probably have a fairly decent chance of getting it reinstated. Did they ask you to provide a bunch of documents when they limited your account?
It is my real and only account. Found this site when googling the limitation. The only thing in the email that was sent was

Quote:
You can no longer use PayPal

After a review, we decided to permanently limit your account as we found potential risk associated with it. You’ll not be able to use PayPal to send and receive money or shop online.

If you have money in your PayPal balance, we’ll hold the money for up to 180 days. After that period, we’ll email you with information on how to access your funds.

We regret any inconvenience this may cause.
Old 12-06-2020

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%

It sounds like they have linked your account with a suspended account.

plenty of people sell used /refurbished APPL products,I sold one recently a used ipod.
IF he is selling a used one for $250 ,if it does not bother Ebay,why should Paypal ban his account,it should just withhold his money until delivered.
I still think somehow they have linked your account to a suspended account

did you review the AUP list ?

sorry,I just reread your post,you sold on swappa ,not Ebay so Ebay is not involved.
If Paypal said it is AUP,then could be counterfeit,trade mark violation,the person who bought the item could be Vero .
where did you buy the ipad from?

why should your seller complain,he got the money in 2016.

you mean the original owner of your Ipad?
what transaction?I thought there is only one transaction-swappa ipad?
are you saying that swappa payment triggers some landmine with Paypal ,something related to past transactions ?
with AUP violation,you dont get your money back.

did you use non PAYPAL Fund to pay for your Ebay purchase?-bank or creditcard?

if you did not violate AUP and your buyer did not file dispute and win,then y ou get your money,it is your money

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertViper View Post
When I think about it. No I didn't. Normally when I sold stuff in the last paypal would place the money on hold until item was received so I didn't think about it. I use default ayment
my question is did you use your bank account,cc dc to pay for any item ?
if your account is restricted and you said your ipad is cool,so it could be Paypal link your bank account or cards to a suspended account

so there are two recent transactions in your PAYPAL account,one sell used Ipad and one buy of Ruckus access point.
which one violates AUP?
When I sold my ipod,I searched and find many many used ipod for sales,some are lots and some are used with cracked screen ,not a problem/
Under list of AUP,there is something which said government identified service or product,could be US govt or foreign govet.
If not what you bot or sold,then it is your account being linked to a banned account

Last edited by TGMT²; 12-19-2020 at 10:32 PM.
Old 12-06-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
It sounds like they have linked your account with a suspended account.
That’s really weird. Could it be from selling to this account?

Also message I get from PayPal site notification

Quote:
You can't use PayPal anymore
At PayPal, we value a safe community for our customers to do
business. We noticed activity in your account that's inconsistent with
our User Agreement and we no longer offer you PayPal services.
Any bank or credit card information linked to your PayPal account
cannot be removed nor can it be used to create a new account. You
can still log in and see your account information but you can't send or
receive money. Any money in your balance will be held for 180 days,
after which we'll send you an email with instructions about
transferring your money.
Reference ID:
Neither message provides any information. Called paypal and person said they couldn’t do anything and that a few people reviewed my account and decided to limited it. No replies to any emails yet
Old 12-06-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 49%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

You weren't linked to another account. Apple products in general are one of the highest risk categories to sell because the high value of their products attracts a lot of fraudsters. It sounds to me like you made Paypal nervous by listing and selling an Apple product without an extensive selling history to back you up.

There's also the fact that it's Christmas season and all e-commerce platforms get skittish this time of year because holiday season always brings lots of fraud. Worst possible time to try selling an iPad on an unproven account.

To be honest I'm not even sure if we are able to call into Paypal at the moment with the scamdemic going on, but I think getting ahold of Paypal directly in some way so you can explain your account activity would be the best way forward.

Last edited by phaz0rz; 12-06-2020 at 01:00 PM.
Old 12-06-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
You weren't linked to another account. Apple products in general are one of the highest risk categories to sell because the high value of their products attracts a lot of fraudsters. It sounds to me like you made Paypal nervous by listing and selling an Apple product without an extensive selling history to back you up.

There's also the fact that it's Christmas season and all e-commerce platforms get skittish this time of year because holiday season always brings lots of fraud. Worst possible time to try selling an iPad on an unproven account.

To be honest I'm not even sure if we are able to call into Paypal at the moment with the scamdemic going on, but I think getting ahold of Paypal directly in some way so you can explain your account activity would be the best way forward.
Thanks for the information. It weird. I've always sold my old idevices on swappa or ebay (sometimes gazelle) when I get the new ones and never had any issues (probably 1-2 times a year). Probably because of the current covid craze going on but I'll keep trying to get ahold of someone. The limitation hasn't stopped paypal from offering me loans or credit in the mail or when I log in tho.

I have a line of credit with them that thankfully i can still pay off through the 3rd party provider.
Hopefully the BBB case gets to PayPal.

Last edited by DesertViper; 12-06-2020 at 01:08 PM.
Old 12-06-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
did you review the AUP list ?
Yes but I don't recall using paypal for anything that would violate paypal policies.
Old 12-07-2020

Longevity: 69%

if your complaints stealth with BBB out of interest what it matter?
Old 12-07-2020

Longevity: 33%

Quote:
So my US PayPal was permanently limited for “potential” risk about 2.5 weeks ago after a “review” of my account. ~$250 (from the sale of my old iPad on swapping) is being placed on a 180 day hold.

I sent a few emails out 2 weeks ago with no replies and my case on BBB has been received and PP has until December 26th to respond

My account was limited a few days after selling my old iPad on swappa and I mainly use it to buy on eBay or pay for online services. I rarely use it to sell stuff. I have been using this account since late 2009.

I'm afraid to tell you that there isn't much you can do unless filling a case, which might be even more expensive.
You will have to wait for the 180 days and get back your money.
If you know and 100% trust the receiver of the item, he might also help but it will be hard.
Old 12-07-2020
Threadstarter  

Paypal response to one of my earlier emails to aup@paypal.com was that my account would remain limited due to aup violation but failed to answer one if my questions about what policy they are claiming I violated. They have yet to respond to my bbb case.

Last edited by DesertViper; 12-07-2020 at 08:41 AM.
Old 12-07-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
sorry,I just reread your post,you sold on swappa ,not Ebay so Ebay is not involved.
If Paypal said it is AUP,then could be counterfeit,trade mark violation,the person who bought the item could be Vero .
where did you buy the ipad from?
Ipad was bought from ebay in 2016. I have never had any issues from either saler, ebay or apple. Was able to use cellular on it so it was never reported stolen etc
Old 12-07-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Ipad was bought from ebay in 2016. I have never had any issues from either saler, ebay or apple. Was able to use cellular on it so it was never reported stolen etc
Just looked at the swappa listing I did and the paypal of the user is non us verifed but us shipping address. I wonder if this caused the limitations but hopefully paypal will allow me to do explain. Before shipping I made sure to document everything I could.
Old 12-07-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
why should your seller complain,he got the money in 2016.
I doubt the seller of original ipad complained to paypal. I never heard anything regarding that purchase. My current beef with paypal is that they say I violated aup but not what policy or what transaction
Old 12-07-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
you mean the original owner of your Ipad?
what transaction?I thought there is only one transaction-swappa ipad?
are you saying that swappa payment triggers some landmine with Paypal ,something related to past transactions ?
with AUP violation,you dont get your money back.
No the user who bought the old ipad pro from me via swappa had non us paypal but us shipping address.

A week later I bought a ruckus access point on ebay and then the next day my account was limited.

Like I said paypal has not said anything about what caused this other than it was an aup violation and I would get the money after 180 day hold. tbh it wasn't even a lot money. Only about $200-300

Last edited by DesertViper; 12-07-2020 at 09:13 AM.
Old 12-07-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
did you use non PAYPAL Fund to pay for your Ebay purchase?-bank or creditcard?
When I think about it. No I didn't. Normally when I sold stuff in the last paypal would place the money on hold until item was received so I didn't think about it. I use default ayment
Old 12-07-2020

Longevity: 51%

Quote:

You may call them try to reopen your account but in this case I'm afraid that it's no chance to you
Old 12-07-2020

Longevity: 69%

doubt a call will do anything
Old 12-07-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneyhustler88 View Post
doubt a call will do anything
Already tried. The rep I was talking to said they couldn't do anything over the phone
Old 12-07-2020

Longevity: 23%

Hello, i got email from paypal. Here is content

“ After a thorough review of your account, we're initiating the closure of your PayPal account in order to protect us from potential financial losses. You'll no longer be able to use PayPal.”

İ accept to wait 180 days. No problem, my question is will paypal steal my money for violation of aup ?

İ dont see anything about aup violation İn email content. İs there anyone who get reason like “protect paypal from potential financial losses” and his money stolen by paypal
Old 12-07-2020
Threadstarter  

It's weird. Originally email said my account has potential risk associated with it resulting in permanently limited and I'll get my money in 180 days now response to an email I sent is account will still be limited due to aup violation and money available in 180 days.

I'm still hopeful my bbb case will gain notice from paypal management
Old 12-07-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
my question is did you use your bank account,cc dc to pay for any item ?
if your account is restricted and you said your ipad is cool,so it could be Paypal link your bank account or cards to a suspended account
I've used my bank and credit card (as well as paypal credit) for multiple ebay and online purchases thought the past decade. But last ebay purchase before limit was taken out of balance irrc

My paypal is the only account these accounts would be used on